What's new

General/Other - Warrior Predator Warrior Discussion Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It needs to be either unblockable but goes away when hit, or blockable but doesn't go away when hit. Right now, setting it up is too obvious. The opponent only needs 1 lucky hit or zone you out to make it all worthless.

Predator, compared to the rest of the cast, feels clumsy like Goro, except he doesn't have anything to counter zoning.
Honestly all I think it needs is a decrease in start-up. It's not a buff, it doesn't need to take so long to activate.

InFlames

dead
I don't see how making self destruct unblockable would be broke when Hunter Pred can get easy grab combos and near unblockables with his mine trap with no risk or meter

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Just finished playing some games. Got destroyed against everyone but the mirror.

So far when I'm using Warrior I'm practically playing Variontless. The unique moves for Warrior are really what Gunslinger is for Erron Black: they look cool but are useless in real matches.

I'm going to pick up Hunter. And if something groundbreaking is discovered I'll be sure to check Warrior once again.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Just played almost 20 games with a Kitana player that went about 8-10 that matchup seems pretty rough for warrior it didn't take long for him to figure out my gimmicks and zone me out I was mostly just fishing for ex stab through fans to get most of my damage. I did get an explosion setup to work once though, felt super good, only reason I'll play this variation.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
Got some sd setups against sub

50% meterless

64% for 1 bar

82% for 2 bars

84% for 2 bars

What do you think ?

InFlames

dead

50% meterless

64% for 1 bar

82% for 2 bars

84% for 2 bars

What do you think ?
The first 2 can be techrolled and punished, but I love the follow up self destruct combos. How much does the meterless one do if you land a grab into self destruct?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Love this variation but there's one clear flaw in one of his coolest tools and that's the self destruct.
You need to lower the fuck out of the startup it's waaaay slow you can't even activate it from a hard knock down because you'll just get a projectile thrown at you, and if they don't have one which most people do then there's no problem blocking it or getting a lucky jab, if they're knocked down in front of you then this just means they can stand right up and jab you before you can recover.

SO the startup needs to be faster on it, or make it really high risk high reward and have it not go away when you're hit but this means now if you do get hit and knocked back you're taking so much more damage, so you could either make it like that ( which would be bullshit in itself because the startup would garuantee you get hit and now you have a bomb about to explode) or do the sensible option and just lower the startup time, I don't see making it unblockable helping, because for the most part the problem is losing it, if you can get it activated it's your job to open your opponent with a grab or a mix up it shouldn't be unblockable that doesn't solve that fact you can rarely get it activated in the first place on most opponents.

Last edited:

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Love this variation but there's one clear flaw in one of his coolest tools and that's the self destruct.
You need to lower the fuck out of the startup it's waaaay slow you can even activate it from a hard knock down because you'll just get a projectile thrown at you, and if they don't have one which most people do then there's not problem blocking it or getting a lucky jab, if they're knocked down in front of you then this just means they can stand right up and jab you before you can recover.

SO the startup needs to be faster on it, or make it really high risk high reward and have it not go away when you're hit but this means now if you do get hit and knocked back you're taking so much more damage, so you could either make it like that ( which would be bullshit in itself because the startup would garuantee you get hit and now you have a bomb about to explode) or do the sensible option and just lower the startup time, I don't see making it unblockable helping, because for the most part the problem is losing it, if you can get it activated it's your job to open your opponent with a grab or a mix up it shouldn't be unblockable that doesn't solve that fact you can rarely get it activated in the first place on most opponents.
Thank you.

InFlames

dead
any starterxxEX Stab, njp, j1, j1, jb3xxEX Air Disc into Self Destruct = safe pointblack SD setup for decent damage

go for throw, 32 stab, or just block and punish wake-ups

by the way can someone check how much damage this combo does?:
grab, self destruct, njp, j3, b311 EXxxStab, 321+2

Last edited:

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
any starterxxEX Stab, njp, j1, j1, jb3xxAir Disc into Self Destruct = safe pointblack SD setup for decent damage

go for throw, 32 stab, or just block and punish wake-ups

by the way can someone check how much damage this combo does?:
grab, self destruct, njp, j3, b311 EXxxStab, 321+2
46% with the stab from the throw
41 without

nodq

wicked

50% meterless

64% for 1 bar

82% for 2 bars

84% for 2 bars

What do you think ?

The video with 64% 1 bar you used actually 2 bars, and the first bar was kinda pointless because SZ was about to popup juggle because of SD already, why burn meter on his bf4 then?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Posted this in the General Predator forum and finally realized I should probably post this here too.

I found out depending on when the detonate pops during a throw animation you get different launch heights and spacing. Also, if you connect with scimitar stab on and/or maybe around the same frame as the detonate goes the opponent won't get hit by the explosion. (Forgot to check if Predator still gets hurt). detonate is also unbreakable.

Sorry if I'm late with it just figured putting it here wouldn't hurt.

I'm sorry guys idk how to post video on this shit! Lol
Here's a hard knock down setup!
Rate if you like please!
Thanks

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Guys.. IA DB2 is amazing. It makes the pounce so much faster so I highly recommend it on OKI or plus strings because it pretty much becomes a 50/50.

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Hello, I recently bought MKX on a sale and, being honest, I'm the ultimate noob. I just want to learn the game, particularly Predator-Warrior right now and this looks like the place where people speak their wisdom.

I've been reading through the forums for quite some time now and people tend to say this variation looks great on paper with the cool self-destruct setups, but Hunter eclipses it. I've been trying the Hunter variation, and as much as I love setting traps up and popping scimitar backwards to throw the enemy right into the traps I don't really like those lame tactics, so I'm going to try the cool way and tread the warrior path.

I'd like to request some advice on how to play it from those who have experience in the game, because I'm probably looking at it the wrong way. So far all I can do beyond chaining the basic combo (1,2,2 or B+3,1,1 > Ex scimitar > njp > fjp > air disk > run cancel > any-hard-knockdown-move) is pelting ranged chippers abusing ex cloak + smart disks and trade while the 0% chip damage buff stands, then maybe ex DB+2,F across the map when they try low projectiles or finish their setup (e.g. Quan chi - summoner mid-high-low string) and almost always end with DB+2/BF+4/3,2,grab to avoid techroll surprises.

On a side note, everyone is posting self-destruct strings that deal ridiculous amounts of damage, but I've never been able to profit from that move at all, can someone explain me what the mindset is revolving self-destruct? Currently I'd rather ex scimitar or ex DB+2 to start a juggle than risk so much only to get a chance at a meterless launcher where hunter traps can easily do the same thing on top of zoning the other player, plus setting up a land mine to harass.

ando1184

Noob
I don't see how making self destruct unblockable would be broke when Hunter Pred can get easy grab combos and near unblockables with his mine trap with no risk or meter
Can you point me in the direction for these near unblockable hunter setups? So far his low mine seems extremely gimmicky since delay wakeups beats everything.....

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
The video with 64% 1 bar you used actually 2 bars, and the first bar was kinda pointless because SZ was about to popup juggle because of SD already, why burn meter on his bf4 then?
Oh sorry, that mb bf4 was my mistake, combo does same damage without mbing it

InFlames

dead
Can you point me in the direction for these near unblockable hunter setups? So far his low mine seems extremely gimmicky since delay wakeups beats everything.....
Delayed wakeups beat almost every type of oki, and it guarantees your opponent free pressure with the mine sitting there

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
This variation makes me sad. Every variation specific move he has is painfully too slow to be useful. Even just activating self destruct is a pain in the ass, and that's not taking into account the fact that it goes away on hit. It's also extremely easy to avoid if you can break throws. I feel like it does far too little damage considering how difficult it is to land.

Seems like a cool idea for a variation that's ultimately dragged down by horrendous frame data.