What's new

General/Other - Warrior Predator Warrior Discussion Thread

Yeah iunno I have the basic 42% BnB, the 46% off of a grab/self-destruct type thing, and I'm jacking that self-destruct set-up. Ballin.

Death By Nines

Catharsis
This variation has the most damage, but unless I'm missing something, it all feels incredibly gimmicky. Setting up the Self-Destruct and then finding a way to hit it on an opponent means you ALWAYS have to do more work than your opponent in any given situation. Maybe something will be discovered that makes me eat my words (I'll admit gladly if it ever happens) but right now I don't see what this variation has going for it compared to the other two.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
This variation has the most damage, but unless I'm missing something, it all feels incredibly gimmicky. Setting up the Self-Destruct and then finding a way to hit it on an opponent means you ALWAYS have to do more work than your opponent in any given situation. Maybe something will be discovered that makes me eat my words (I'll admit gladly if it ever happens) but right now I don't see what this variation has going for it compared to the other two.
Same here. I was wondering what uses itll have for the future. There have been other variations in the game that seemed "useless"but turned out to be really good.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
TBH I hardly ever use SD, the reason I like this one better than the other two so far, gameplaywise, is the command overhead. SD is just for the Brutality and taking advantage of a life lead rarely.

the aerial version has some shenanigans as well.

Can't really find a use for bf1 though, outside of it looking cool as fuck in combos.

omooba

fear the moobs
anyone trying to get some games in tonight? i'd love to fight a good predator. psn D0PR1NC3

Last edited:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Whats the use of its BF1 move? It hits mid ,and it does less damage than BF4 ...ex version does a popup but like esBF4 or exDB2 ...and its not safe also
Am I missing something or its worthless?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Whats the use of its BF1 move? It hits mid ,and it does less damage than BF4 ...ex version does a popup but like esBF4 or exDB2 ...and its not safe also
Am I missing something or its worthless?
I made a status update about this earlier as well. Best I can see is that it's SAFER than the other options on block, but if you are playing against Kung Lao/cassie you are still screwed. I'm guessing it will be used as a meter builder against some of the cast.

nodq

wicked
B311-exDB2B
Not a combo but its a low-mid-mid into a overhead with a very small frames between
i hate that these things doesnt even combo with anything. DB2 EX or not EX doesnt combo. Even AI on auto block, will block the DB2 everytime. So that move is really only meant to use as standalone attack? Thats so stupid imho.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I haven't got a chance to hit the lab again, but I really REAAAALLY wanted to main Predator Warrior but it looks gimmicky and bad, pretty bad.

I can live with DB2 not being comboable, BF1 being a stupid looking move without a clear use. But what I cannot tolerate is Self-Destruct not being unblockable and that a single hit makes it go away; you can't design the move to have 2 such drawbacks, pick one not both! What's the point on risking it everytime you wanna use it? Whereas Hunter can do setups anywhere on the screen, ambiguos setups I might add, plus the Trap holds them in the air for so long you can even heal in between combos.

I'm pissed.

/Rant

InFlames

dead
his air overhead strike is completely safe if done at a certain distance, also im thinking about ending combos into f4, throw disc out, then activate self destruct. Its not fullproof against full screen wakeups but atleast it keeps some in check

I haven't got a chance to hit the lab again, but I really REAAAALLY wanted to main Predator Warrior but it looks gimmicky and bad, pretty bad.

I can live with DB2 not being comboable, BF1 being a stupid looking move without a clear use. But what I cannot tolerate is Self-Destruct not being unblockable and that a single hit makes it go away; you can't design the move to have 2 such drawbacks, pick one not both! What's the point on risking it everytime you wanna use it? Whereas Hunter can do setups anywhere on the screen, ambiguos setups I might add, plus the Trap holds them in the air for so long you can even heal in between combos.

I'm pissed.

/Rant
they could atleast make his EX self destruct unblockable, i wouldnt mind spending the meter

or maybe decrease startup on both

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

I'm pissed.

/Rant
I think if they made any version of SD unblockable it would have to go away on block too. Having a safe launcher that forces the opponent to either go offensive and then block a mixup or just try and block everything and wait it out is pretty effective.

Does anyone know if SD goes away if you armor threw something? (I'm bout to hop in the lab real quick and try some things all over for Predator)

EDIT: SD stays on after you armor through something. It catches people during the animation for them teching a throw. But if you tech a throw the slight damage will turn it off.

Last edited: