What's new

General/Other - Warrior Predator Warrior Discussion Thread

I think I found a bug with some of the combo displays:

B311 >> BF1 = 4hits @ 18%
B311 >> MB BF1 = 3hits @ 10%.

Their life is being taken away on the meter burn hit, but its not being counted in the combo.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
hey @Tim Static when are we gonna get a Predator, Tanya: Mood Chooser?
not sure how the situation is for the dlc mood choosers but from how it was explained to me by the guys working on the mood choosers (the usernames of the one i talked to is completely escaped me and im sorry to the mod who explained it to me) but the reason why kenshis still isnt up and why it will be really difficult to get any more mood choosers is because they ran into a roadblock with the coding and everything is completely messed up and right now it will have to take wizard coding to get them in, im very thankful to the mod that explained this to me since i completely understand that coding is insanely hard and when things become chaotic, i cant even imagine, but right now im doubtful that there will be anymore mood choosers because of this, although if there more and i can finally use the kenshi one, i certainly wont be complaining.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
not sure how the situation is for the dlc mood choosers but from how it was explained to me by the guys working on the mood choosers (the usernames of the one i talked to is completely escaped me and im sorry to the mod who explained it to me) but the reason why kenshis still isnt up and why it will be really difficult to get any more mood choosers is because they ran into a roadblock with the coding and everything is completely messed up and right now it will have to take wizard coding to get them in, im very thankful to the mod that explained this to me since i completely understand that coding is insanely hard and when things become chaotic, i cant even imagine, but right now im doubtful that there will be anymore mood choosers because of this, although if there more and i can finally use the kenshi one, i certainly wont be complaining.
at least we know why.... thats sad... i hope they figure it out.... really want predator

MrProfDrPepper

at least we know why.... thats sad... i hope they figure it out.... really want predator
yeah it does but i can understand that this kind of stuff is far from easy and sometimes to fix a problem like this you have to rework the code from scratch, and well for a forum website that just isnt an option, but it gave me closure when i heard about it since i have been waiting on the kenshi mood chooser ever since he was revealed

MrProfDrPepper

Check's new vid shows you can activate self destruct mid combo with ex smart disc, we should try and see if this works with his BnBs. I'm expecting some huge setups in the future with this if it does work.
damn if you can pull that off in the middle of a match that would be fucking insane

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yeah it does but i can understand that this kind of stuff is far from easy and sometimes to fix a problem like this you have to rework the code from scratch, and well for a forum website that just isnt an option, but it gave me closure when i heard about it since i have been waiting on the kenshi mood chooser ever since he was revealed
ditto, been waiting for predator one ever since i got on here..... started account and wanted but died inside when it wasnt there...

IA DB2 njp jk air disk run, 4 self destruct
B311 EX BF4, njp, jk air disk, run 4, self destruct.

Run in, either B311 combo or IA EX DB2. 30%ish setups into a run in mixups with a safe armored overhead that ends the round from 100% if you have meter to do EX smart disk.

He's getting at least a damage nerf.

yugzilla

Noob
Question, does self destruct de-activate if predator absorbs a hit with his armor?
no.

BTW, even though BF1 may seem like it is useless, it can be useful if you want to duck under high moves or projectiles so theres an option if you want to gain meter and avoid projectiles as well as getting you closer to someone full-mid screen away

video i made of what i mean. (Note: the reason theres no meter is because their are better ways to get in on projectiles with meter)

Last edited:

yugzilla

Noob
Another warrior tech i found was that Jumping torwards and jumping away punches can be canceled into air Yatuja strike however jump kicks and neutral punch can not be used.

Jumping punches cancels also work differently from each other. 1 lets you cancel at any point however 2 has to be canceled at either apex of jump or descending to ground. This means that predator has really good air to air/air to ground with 2 since the opponent has to either trade with the air punch (air punch has around half of the range of neutral punch or 1/3) or block high since air Yatuja strike is -7 on block so its almost unpunishable. i'm pretty sure there is a move that can punish this. someone please let me know if it can/can't.

You cannot EX the air Yatuja strike after a Jump torwards/away punch

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Check's new vid shows you can activate self destruct mid combo with ex smart disc, we should try and see if this works with his BnBs. I'm expecting some huge setups in the future with this if it does work.
Nice! I was trying something similar with HQT and Hunter but it didn't quite work out since the slight differences in tools means they don't get the same launching opportunities. Maybe someone will figure it out.

Dang that sucks. Thanks for explaining it though.

IA DB2 njp jk air disk run, 4 self destruct
B311 EX BF4, njp, jk air disk, run 4, self destruct.

Run in, either B311 combo or IA EX DB2. 30%ish setups into a run in mixups with a safe armored overhead that ends the round from 100% if you have meter to do EX smart disk.

He's getting at least a damage nerf.
I think people will learn to react to the overhead special and learn to block his mixups. I'm hoping he doesn't get changed until late august / early September.

no.

BTW, even though BF1 may seem like it is useless, it can be useful if you want to duck under high moves or projectiles so theres an option if you want to gain meter and avoid projectiles as well as getting you closer to someone full-mid screen away

video i made of what i mean. (Note: the reason theres no meter is because their are better ways to get in on projectiles with meter)
Ew SF inputs lol. This move did the same thing to me as V.Joe's Overhead. Didn't know it did anything special so it's like "what's the point?". Then a friend tells me it's an overhead. Ooooohhhhh. Thanks

EDIT: about the air yautja strike. Do you mean cancelling the punches without hitting?

Last edited:

yugzilla

Noob
they can be canceled with or without hitting the opponent. also find out that jump torwards/away kicks can be canceled as well but only on hit

Last edited:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
exBF1 works better than exBF4 for wake ups because BF1 its better antiair and BF4 doesnt work to wake-up against meaty jump-ins,it travels horizontal and doesnt hit
exDB2 will work too but exBF1 is safer on block

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Another warrior tech i found was that Jumping torwards and jumping away punches can be canceled into air Yatuja strike however jump kicks and neutral punch can not be used.

Jumping punches cancels also work differently from each other. 1 lets you cancel at any point however 2 has to be canceled at either apex of jump or descending to ground. This means that predator has really good air to air/air to ground with 2 since the opponent has to either trade with the air punch (air punch has around half of the range of neutral punch or 1/3) or block high since air Yatuja strike is -7 on block so its almost unpunishable. i'm pretty sure there is a move that can punish this. someone please let me know if it can/can't.

You cannot EX the air Yatuja strike after a Jump torwards/away punch
You can cancel out of J3 but the timming is weird. And you can do EX DB2 as well.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
did you cancel J3 on a hit or a miss?

im pretty sure you cant EXDB2 after a jump in attack unless you attack,hit the ground then input DB2
J3 on whiff can be canceled but the timming for the J3 is strict. And you can do EX DB2 on hit or miss.

yugzilla

Noob
J3 on whiff can be canceled but the timming for the J3 is strict. And you can do EX DB2 on hit or miss.
i see what you mean by the timing being strict.

i can only do EX DB2 on hit but i have to hit the ground first before it comes out. i suggest not doing the ex version as you can be punished by it sot its risk vs reward style move but if you want to catch your opponent off guard and combo them then go for it

i see what you mean by the timing being strict.

i can only do EX DB2 on hit but i have to hit the ground first before it comes out. i suggest not doing the ex version as you can be punished by it sot its risk vs reward style move but if you want to catch your opponent off guard and combo them then go for it
you can absolutely do a jump in attack into EX DB2 before you land. What about it is giving you issues?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I've found that ex bf1 is his "get the fuck off me" wake-up combo starter, and it's been quite useful.

ex bf4 goes too far horizontally and ex db2 goes too far vertically and both and considerably more telegraphed, making ex bf1 the better wake-up.

---

If regular SD was unblockable that shit would be absolutely broke. EX would be a fairer trade off, but even that seems racey.

Bf4/3,2,1+2/throw make SD consitently landable as long as you're smart and careful.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
If regular SD was unblockable that shit would be absolutely broke. EX would be a fairer trade off, but even that seems racey.

Bf4/3,2,1+2/throw make SD consitently landable as long as you're smart and careful.
It needs to be either unblockable but goes away when hit, or blockable but doesn't go away when hit. Right now, setting it up is too obvious. The opponent only needs 1 lucky hit or zone you out to make it all worthless.

Predator, compared to the rest of the cast, feels clumsy like Goro, except he doesn't have anything to counter zoning.