What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
This is how fucked my brain is: I Love predator but part of me doesn't want him in this game.

Part of me feels he doesnt belong in a fantasy world filled with magic and elder gods but more so in a probable human universe that also contains aliens that still abide by the laws of physics to certain extent.
Part of me feels like he totally should be in it because he can be gory and looks for the next big hunting challenge.
Part of me wants him to be really good and viable and is scared he might not be.
Part of me feels like I would be really disappointed at myself if Im not fucking great at playing him because he's my fav char since I was 7.

ahhhh

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I cant wait for Predator release.
i hope he has all his tools universal, strong 50/50, easy juggle-ability and hope he rocks.

i will play him anyways, because obviously he is my favorite. i want him now, i am stoked with how well they did with Tanya, even though i didn't really care for her in this game. but i have grown on her after using her. Jason was a bitter disappointment to me, he basically doesn't have what my game play style needs, that's just a personal thing, don't get me wrong: i love him in this game, but i really can't use him very well against higher level players.

predators combo ability that is somewhat easy is a huge thing for me, because i play with lag issues, it doesn't even have to be above 30% meter-less, but definitely has to have Meter-less combos above 24% and hope for 38% or more with 1 bar!

strong 50/50 game, at least 1 safe low starter and 1 safe overhead starter.

if this is met I'm main-ING him.

who am i kidding ill probably main him anyways.

does anyone have a clue when his release date is?
:coffee:

This is how fucked my brain is: I Love predator but part of me doesn't want him in this game.

from a design perspective, putting predator in your game is really stupid.

whole point of fighting games is to have multiple characters worth using but like when you have predator in your game all other characters become null and pointless because no one is cooler then predator.

seriously just erase all the other characters.

dont put something as cool as predator in a video game just shootin yourself in the foot but like in a really fucking dope way but still got a bullet in your foot.

MikeDigs

Twerk
He must have Sektor inspired moves in one variation, and Cyrax's in another.
All I know is I must have my teleport uppercut. Everything else is just extra.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
His laser should be used for long range zoning. Different types of energy blasts.

Traps that grab low like Scorpions minions.

Stun gun that works like Cyrax net.

Tech-like parry move.

Full screen frame traps.

Predator.

They wanted Jason and predator in so they can be cheap with intro dialogues. No voice actors and every interaction will be super generic.
Eh, not like Spawn always talks, he can just drop down with a close up of his eye narrowing without saying anything.

The icing on the cake would be to have Xenomorph for a season 2.

Watch, if they do a Kombat Pack 2 they'll throw in Sweet Tooth.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Jason came out on the 5th for kombat pack. 12th for normal folks. The balance patch followed on the 14th.
Tanya came out on the 8th for kombat pack. 15th for normal folks. So the balance patch hopefully comes out on 17th.
Now if this pattern holds then Predator should come out on the 6th or 12th of Julky for Kombat Pack and 12th or 19th for normal folks. This is all guess work might I add.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm gonna main and play only Predator once he's out. Till the very end, even if he's gonna be shit tier. I've been waiting too long for this!
if he don't have low and OH starters ill drop him like a rock. he deserves to have at least that.(if he don't have 50/50 starters he will be like, Jason's Pursuit (Down, Down+3) useless)

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
if he don't have low and OH starters ill drop him like a rock. he deserves to have at least that.(if he don't have 50/50 starters he will be like, Jason's Pursuit (Down, Down+3) useless)
Yeah I really really hope he'll 50/50 starters too. None of my characters right now does. :(

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Predator ought to have a tracking projectile and a command grab. I'd imagine he has a variation focused on better range with his wrist blades, probably a shitty clone of Deceptive Reptile for another, and then maybe a tech-focused one

don't worry scrubs, he'll probably have 50/50s so you don't have to think too hard ;)

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
don't worry scrubs, he'll probably have 50/50s so you don't have to think too hard ;)
lol, it would just be nice playing a character with 50/50 starters for a change. I'm all too used to thinking too hard. ;)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
noticed something rewatching the teaser

Right off the bat, you can see his wrist gauntlet and the symbols on it. When he moves his wrist away from the camera his wristblade gets a red glow, possibly suggesting a different variation considering he was in an idle animation

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
I'm just calling it now. Predator to be a high tier hybrid of Reptile & Cyrax. Cyrax's net, Reptile's invisibility (but better), Cyrax bombs (better), average walkspeed, fast dash speed, average backdash speed. He's probably going to have a variation that centers around using his net traps & bombs, and another variation that allows him to power up like Kano's cutthroat variation. One of his fatalities will probably rip your head off and keep it as a trophy.

Predator should have a suicide nuke move. He sets a timer, and in 20 seconds the whole stage explodes, and both players die.

Status
Not open for further replies.