What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I wonder what his conversations might be. He doesn't say much in any of the movies. "Want some candy?", "Shit happens", "Over here", "Any time" and what's in the thread's title comes to my mind. Come to think of it, it's enough to have some rocking dialogs.

Would like to see some variations based on: Wolf Pred (whip and laser traps), Scar Pred (spear, close range combat), and Jungle/City Pred (invisibility, zoning).

And lots of Yautja's clicking sounds. Lots of them!

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
As far as variations- realistically, I could imagine the different weapons the Predator has being highlighted in each variation. This could fill the role of the cyber ninjas in the game. You'd get your Cyrax and Sektor archetypes, possibly some robot Smoke style??

A theory variation I'd be interested in:
A slower, brawler type. No mask. Maybe a few MB armored specials. Melee style of character.
This variation would be reminiscent of the final battle with Arnold in the first film. No mask or weapons (maybe give him the two wrist blades, though), emphasizing the Predator's hand-to-hand combat skill. Possibly give him a little more damage on his specials in this one, since he'd be slightly slower and have no weapons.
Just a wild idea.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I expect (and also hope) to see something like this...

Hunter -- Nets, bombs and traps without the emphasis on hand to hand combat. Uses mainly the wrist blades up close. Perhaps an improved stealth function.

Warrior -- Higher emphasis on hand to hand combat. Combi-stick, disc and extended wrist blades would be most appropriate.

Gunner -- Higher emphasis on Plasma Caster with additional ranged weaponry such as energy flechette, speargun and maybe a plasma pistol.

Also, on a side note, I hope they fit the self-destruct in there somehow given how iconic it is. Obviously Hara-Kiri is gone but maybe as a Fatality or something. I want to hear that laugh.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Stealth: he stays invisible as long as he isn't hit. Like at the start of a round he is normal and visible. But as the battle progresses while not being touched he starts to fade....

Quancheese

Shinnok Aggressor
I need that fatality where the mesh net tightens slowly and the victim just gets diced into tiny meat cubes. Give me that and I'll be happy

A theory variation I'd be interested in:
A slower, brawler type. No mask. Maybe a few MB armored specials. Melee style of character.
This variation would be reminiscent of the final battle with Arnold in the first film. No mask or weapons (maybe give him the two wrist blades, though), emphasizing the Predator's hand-to-hand combat skill. Possibly give him a little more damage on his specials in this one, since he'd be slightly slower and have no weapons.
Just a wild idea.
Honestly this would be a nice homage but it's really just limiting the character. The Predator wields dozens of deadly futuristic weapons. With the exception of the clicking sounds that's kind of his thing.

I'm sure he's an excellent hand-to-hand fighter but I don't really care about that. As a predator fan I want the spear, the aforementioned wrist blades, the shoulder cannons, the invisibility, the nets/traps, the throwing weapons.... the list goes on and on. I want all of it.

I don't want a variation where he's stripped of all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.