What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS_RedShadow

I lost because of Player 1 advantage.
Well Predator to me has always been on the same level as Sektor. He is for sure one of my most favorite characters ever. So I will main Predator regardless of whether he ends up being actually good or not, I just hope he is fun and I hope somebody mods a red color for his costume ;).

OK this is the Best MK character ive ever seen, Unblockable setups , traps more traps that work better than sub zero's ice clone, 50/50 Bullshit, Quan Cheese/Kenshi Zoning, his own special outro and awesome brutalities. A Zoning vairation ,a Setup Variation and a Rushdown variation ,its like Cyrax/kabal/lex luthor/Martian manhunter all in one. The only think he doesn't have are a command grab or a teleport.

E

Eldriken

If that self detonation is unblockable, thats free AF in the corner lol.
It is unblockable. =O

Also, people in stream chat were whining that Predator has really low damage. We have no effing idea if he does or not. No one that played him fleshed him out already.

His combo damage might be shit, but he may have ridiculous resets and such. He's probably gonna be damn good.

Warrior might be where it's at. =O

Holden

Manlet
I am going to INSTANTLY main Predator. For fuckin' sure. His fatalities are a little disappointing, yeah, but everything else looks incredible. I haven't wanted to go in this hard on learning a character since Kotal Kahn. At his reveal. Last year.

It is unblockable. =O

Also, people in stream chat were whining that Predator has really low damage. We have no effing idea if he does or not. No one that played him fleshed him out already.

His combo damage might be shit, but he may have ridiculous resets and such. He's probably gonna be damn good.

Warrior might be where it's at. =O
No, I'm pretty sure it was blocked at one point. In training, when it detonated it said unblockable and mid, and I think unblockable is for the damage Predator takes for using it

No, I'm pretty sure it was blocked at one point. In training, when it detonated it said unblockable and mid, and I think unblockable is for the damage Predator takes for using it
Unblockable BUT its a double hit and the first hit is a mid like kotal kahns sword u can be out of the range of the unblockable but in the range of the mid.

Skitzo

Noob
OK this is the Best MK character ive ever seen, Unblockable setups , traps more traps that work better than sub zero's ice clone, 50/50 Bullshit, Quan Cheese/Kenshi Zoning, his own special outro and awesome brutalities. A Zoning vairation ,a Setup Variation and a Rushdown variation ,its like Cyrax/kabal/lex luthor/Martian manhunter all in one. The only think he doesn't have are a command grab or a teleport.
What 50/50s? Only one is in warrior with his EX OH/his low from what I saw

& what unblockable setups?

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Predator + Mortal kombat X = INSANE HYPE
but also don't seem like he has a really great overhead but im sure that he will have other things to get him combos and damage and hopefully the jumping claw attack he does is atleast -7 on block but I guess ill see tomorrow

What 50/50s? Only one is in warrior with his EX OH/his low from what I saw

& what unblockable setups?
He has a low overhead low string, and Warrior overhead launcher. With the Low plasma cannon in High qu ten welcome to 50/50 town. Hes self destruct is unblockable, a blockstring right before it detonates is unblockable same with a throw which are already a 50/50. You can probably also use it to blow up wakeups on top of that he can do the same unblockable setup like subzero or reptile with the mine.

Skitzo

Noob
He has a low overhead low string, and Warrior overhead launcher. With the Low plasma cannon in High qu ten welcome to 50/50 town. Hes self destruct is unblockable, a blockstring right before it detonates is unblockable same with a throw which are already a 50/50. You can probably also use it to blow up wakeups on top of that he can do the same unblockable setup like subzero or reptile with the mine.
I thought that low/oh was his low into oh slam cause they kept doing that string & I saw low/mid/mid unless it's another string
Let's hope

& I swear I saw the dude block his self destruct the unblockable is from the dmg predator takes when it detonates

I can't wait to see his frame data :eek:

I swear I saw the dude block his self destruct the unblockable is from the dmg predator takes when it detonates
Yeah cuz its 2 hits and the first is a mid just like with kotal kahns unblockable sword , jax was slighty out of the right of the unblockable blast but in the range of the mid.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
So his Self-Destruct functions like Cinder's bombs? Combos from grabs and hits?

Is it a straight up unblockable?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hey guys, I'm on EU PS4 and just downloaded Predator + the skin pack, but I can't use him no matter what; I can't pick him in practice, arcade, online or 1vs1.... it just doesn't work.
I never had this kind of problem with the other DLC characters and obviously have the combat pack.
Anyone else is having the same problem? How should I solve this?

* I can view his model on the character viewer.

Thanks for the help

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So in Hunter does his trap go away if you're blocking similar to Subs ice clone? Because during the stream it went away on being hit.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
He isn't supposed to be available until the 7th, though if it has downloaded/installed and just isn't showing up, close the game and restart your console. That's what I had to do for Jason and Tanya to show up.

Hey guys, I'm on EU PS4 and just downloaded Predator + the skin pack, but I can't use him no matter what; I can't pick him in practice, arcade, online or 1vs1.... it just doesn't work.
I never had this kind of problem with the other DLC characters and obviously have the combat pack.
Anyone else is having the same problem? How should I solve this?

* I can view his model on the character viewer.

Thanks for the help
It's been the same with the previous DLC. You can pre-download it but cannot use straight away until it's officially gone live across the network. Wait till later this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.