What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

Noob
The characters are out like a day earlier I remember lol Jason & Tanya were available for me around 8 pm cst if I recall the day before

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
They did only say July 7th for America and technically it's not July 7th in America now so I'd say give it until later tomorrow then it should work fine

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
You shouldnt be able to get him yet.
Predator and the Predator Skin Pack are available for download on EU PSN, I didn't do anything special to get him.
The game itself shows he is available for download in the playstation store menù.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Well I downloaded Predator and the skin pack (I'm on PS4 in the EU), though I can't select him yet.
I can use the skins though.

Any idea if Predator is locked behind a time wall despite being able to download him?
Or are there other issues I'm having

MAN0

DevilApes
Predator and the Predator Skin Pack are available for download on EU PSN, I didn't do anything special to get him.
The game itself shows he is available for download in the playstation store menù.
Same here I'm on EU ps4 and already downloaded both skin pack and predator but I guess we'll have to wait until 12:00am in the US to be fully synced or something. Oh and no kold war skin so far.

Well I downloaded Predator and the skin pack (I'm on PS4 in the EU), though I can't select him yet.
I can use the skins though.

Any idea if Predator is locked behind a time wall despite being able to download him?
Or are there other issues I'm having
It's not a issue. I'm in the UK and have the skins working, Predator will work later on this morning and its the same as all the previous DLC characters. They have to sync up with the servers, due to different time zones and then go officially live. It doesn't matter if its 00:32 now, wait till later on.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Same here I'm on EU ps4 and already downloaded both skin pack and predator but I guess we'll have to wait until 12:00am in the US to be fully synced or something. Oh and no kold war skin so far.
But what does fully synced even means? lol this never happened with Tanya or Jason, I downloaded them at the same time as I downloaded predator, and they worked perfectly.
Did you notice that Predator can be selected in the character viewer without problems? This doesn't make any sense...I have a feeling NRS fucked up the PS4 release and will have to release a hotfix/patch.

Skitzo

Noob
No I got to play with both Jason & Tanya around 8/9 pm cst so it should be soon

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
don't stay up late.
ps4 store doesn't update till 12-2 pm eastern time.
I made the mistake of staying up late only to not access it till around 5 pm eastern

MAN0

DevilApes
don't stay up late.
ps4 store doesn't update till 12-2 pm eastern time.
I made the mistake of staying up late only to not access it till around 5 pm eastern
Ok then I'll call it a night and check again tomorrow, it's already 2:35am here :/

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
But what does fully synced even means? lol this never happened with Tanya or Jason, I downloaded them at the same time as I downloaded predator, and they worked perfectly.
Did you notice that Predator can be selected in the character viewer without problems? This doesn't make any sense...I have a feeling NRS fucked up the PS4 release and will have to release a hotfix/patch.
Bo, this has happen before.
most people in ps4 don't get to play dlc characters till tuesday noon.

Holden

Manlet
I was super wowed by all the crazy juggles Pred's weaponry was doing in the corner on the last Kombat Kast. Throwing the discs, keeping them up with the plasma caster... Kinda amazing to watch, if a little impractical without a follow-up. What really got me about the Hish-Qu-Ten variation, though, was the fact that you could aim said plasma caster up and down, like Heavy Weps Jax's DB2 but with more range of motion.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I was super wowed by all the crazy juggles Pred's weaponry was doing in the corner on the last Kombat Kast. Throwing the discs, keeping them up with the plasma caster... Kinda amazing to watch, if a little impractical without a follow-up. What really got me about the Hish-Qu-Ten variation, though, was the fact that you could aim said plasma caster up and down, like Heavy Weps Jax's DB2 but with more range of motion.
i think im gonna learn them all, i have a thing for setups so hunter is my thing, but i love all of them in different ways.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Really? Aside from pointless fatalities, he seemed great to me.
What seemed great? I was super hype but felt like "meh" watching it.

Didn't seem like he could do anything amazing or had anything amazing to work with. Super slow start up destruct? Trap that goes away on hit or block? Puny lasers being the only addition to an entire variation? I dunno man, I dunno. I was by far more hype for thid dlc than all the others combined, but felt like it was a huge letdown. Hopefully frame data will change that, but from the visual startup and recovery on a couple of those moves I'm not too sure.

Thinking of Tanya's Kombat Kast and then this one feels like night and day.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Final Choice for my MKX career made. Predator, Tanya, Scorpion. I'm sure Predator will get nerfed in about 2/3 weeks or so. I'll likely end up running a mid tier group lol. Either way he looks cool. I like all his variants so I'm not entirely sure which one to start on first. Probably Hish

Status
Not open for further replies.