What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
It looks like it from the first glimpse. But with variations we can have at least 3 different Preds.
I'm not so sure the pred variation will change but the equipment should. It's a pretty safe bet that one variation will have the shoulder cannon and one will be more weapon-centric without it. Can't wait to see it all, just a requiem away from rewatching them all these last couple days.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Man, the list of characters that I am interested in trying out to find a main in MKX is getting to big,Ha! Still I am going to try out the Predator and see if the Predator is the right fit for me gameplay wise for tournaments. The only thing is with the Predator and Tremor being from the Kombat Pack DLC. I am not sure how reliable set ups at tournaments for MKX will be as for as making sure all DLC characters are available.

As for variations I would like to see these 3 variations with different costumes.
1.) Jungle Predator Variation:Mid range based combat that uses Cloaking,Mines,Plasma Cannon,Glaive, and the Net Launcher
2.) City Predator Variation: Longe range based combat that uses Plasma Caster,Smart Disc,Shuriken,Spear Gun,Whip, and the Combi-Stick
3.) Unmasked Variation: Close range based combat that uses the Scimitar,Maul,Wrist Blades, and the Wrist Gauntlet

The icing on the cake would be to have Xenomorph for a season 2.

Dude, a Xenomorph is the character from a movie franchise that I want to see in a fighting game the most.

Last edited:

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
I hope predator would get a "wolf" variation, unmasked with broken mandible, one eye, and a scar.
Using whips, two plasma caster, and big ass shuriken:D

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.

I. Want. This. As. A. Fatality!!!

He is not going to be mained. No. I am going to MASTER him. From day one.

Where's the dlc of Billy. Dillon. Poncho. Hawkins. Blaine. Mac and of course Dutch. With each one having alt costumes ans signature guns. With Dutch having the jungle bow.

Yes. I going to master The Predator

I wonder, is it a specific Yautja(Like is it the one from the first film or second) or is it just a new Predator for this game?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Yea but do you guys think that if they bring in Spawn they will actually follow the fact that his powers drain. No, that would be dumb.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
If he has a maskless variation, I'm maining the HELL out of it.

WHAT??!! :eek:. I bet it was in self defense :rolleyes:. Btw, I heard you love Predator, take this and choose your alternate skins for the awesome incoming bundle:
:DOGE

Holy shit, I'm going to make a few amazon purchases now... :DOGE

Geth

Bows don't kill people, the arrows do.
I'm going to main the hell out of Predator.

And practice the hell out of Cyrax in preparation, because let's be honest here.

Geth

Bows don't kill people, the arrows do.
Jesus, any more of this salt over Spawn and I'm gonna develop heart disease.

The reason he's not here: The character's been whored out too much. Todd McFarlane's sold him off so much. He's even been in a Soulcalibur game. Mortal Kombat is better than that. Predator was one of the original inspirations for MK fatalities. Sub-Zero's spine rip? Yeah, Predator wore it better.

Cyrax/Sektor/Even Fulgore? Obvious homages to Predator. This dude helped to define the franchise, it's time he got the tribute he deserved. and I'm gonna come right out and say it: A comic character in MKX would be goofy. Injustice maybe would be okay, but no superheroes in MKX. This isn't coming from ignorance (I was a comic fan before I was a Mortal Kombat fan), but out of a respect for both series, and it just wouldn't fit well.

And so I'll leave you with this: "Yes, we totally need another demon character! This is as good of an idea as adding another palette-swap ninja!"

Scrotie79

Wannabe Pro Jobber
I could do this already. It is not that difficult to do, so I will definitely be making predator noises when I beat the tar out of people (online or iRL). The wait for the Predator DLC is going to be agonizing though. :/

I am going to say one other thing and that is: "Pointless trivial nonsense is just that. Stop wasting time sharing your "precious" opinions, that really do not matter at all, on topics that are not relevant to this thread."

Scrotie79

Wannabe Pro Jobber
I do not know if I am going to main Predator once the dlc is available. I want to take him for a few hundred test drives first before I make that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.