What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decay

King of the Bill
They wanted Jason and predator in so they can be cheap with intro dialogues. No voice actors and every interaction will be super generic.

Hehateme

Noob
Am I wrong?
They wanted to be cheap would apply that Jason and Predator weren't their first choices :p
Do you think meh it went "Meh let's be cheap and do Jason and Predator (which costs a lot to license)."
or
"Man lots of people want Predator and Jason. Let's do that! "

Decay

King of the Bill
They wanted to be cheap would apply that Jason and Predator weren't their first choices :p
Do you think meh it went "Meh let's be cheap and do Jason and Predator (which costs a lot to license)."
or
"Man lots of people want Predator and Jason. Let's do that! "
I just think that the fact that they don't have to do voice acting was a big selling point to picking the characters. Look at mk9, all dlc characters if I remember correctly had no acting lines.

In regards to the "generic interactions", I meant, do you really think that predator vs sub zero and predator vs mileena will have the predator grunting in two different unique interactions? Lol no I sincerely doubt it.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Rewatching Predator on popcorntime in a small window while I work at home. Indescribable just how great that movie is and how well it holds up. Will skip 2 but may rewatch Predators, wich was also good except for the always awful Topher Grace.

Decay

King of the Bill
I meant spawn makes more sense in an mk game over injustice
I agree. Spawn is actually more brutal than predator, has cooler weapons, has more variation potential, and Michael Jai White can reclaim his role! He already has an in with NRS and he played as Jax in mk legacy! C'mon mannnn

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I agree. Spawn is actually more brutal than predator, has cooler weapons, has more variation potential, and Michael Jai White can reclaim his role! He already has an in with NRS and he played as Jax in mk legacy! C'mon mannnn
Much rather have Spawn over Jason... Jason as a fighting game character seems boring as hell.

Hating on Predator though? Those are some weak gains lol

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Preddy being in doesn't mean spawn can't also be in a future DLC. HTH.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I am extremely interested in Predator. The possibilities are through the roof for this character.

Cloaking variation. Zoning variation using the shoulder canon/triangle targeting. Retractable net, Spear, blade boomerang. Damn can't wait to play this character.

We need skin alts too. Predator 1&2 skins, hell throw in some AvP skins too.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
I've been wanting him to be announced ever since the Predator was rumored to have a possibility of being in MKX months ago. So I'll be maining him. Hope he's pretty good on the tier list. Looking forward to seeing the variations.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
With the announcement of Predator as DLC a general discussion forum is now needed.

Varition thoughts?

Anyone going to instantly main him?

Please feel free to tag friends who you think are going to be interested in playing him.

Let the hunt begin.
You were wise to abandon your female roots...

Status
Not open for further replies.