What's new

Breakthrough - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] Ferra/Torr Block Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
As a Quan main I've definitely felt this done to me. B121 even beats my armour on sky drop. In the beta too, even if I manage to get it started it hits me on the way down. Now I can't really say vortex vs block infinite so I think it's time this goes

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think were all fine with it being less plus. The issue here is that everyone ignored and shat on this character for the entirety of the games lifespan and now in the last two weeks the community has taken a complete 180 on the character. Literally Ferra Torr 101 is knowing what this move was on block and people ignored it for 9 months and now its too much? Im fine with making it plus 1 and that combined with everyone getting faster pokes like 16bit said will be fine. Its everyone elses fraudulent behaviour towards this character that is annoying us FT loyalists the most, not the aspect of getting nerfed

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is still going to be a good option even after the beta if this stays the way it is now, especially now since you have an EX version that launches. I play Goro for example, I have a great d1 6 frames, if I have no meter that is my only option. If I miss time it and your B121 hits me you can confirm it for a full combo.(Not saying it's broken because I miss timed my d1, but just thought since I only have a 2 frame window to connect. The odds are in your favor in that situation.) I haven't tested this, but I would be surprised if Goro can back dash this.
Normal throw

Its an infinite on paper. In reality, the pushback will let a lot of characters snatch F/T out of their next string.

If they don't, then they aren't delaying enough to get Ferra back, which is how the infinite works.

So the Ferra/Torr player basically has to time it perfectly to continue the pressure properly.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Since when does Ferra Launch for a full combo... unless you mean the beta, and if so you're grasping at straws and you know it. You can't gripe about a change that isn't finalized. Even so, there's still the argument of waiting for Ferra to return.

I'm pretty sure that if Kenshi lost access to all specials and half of his normals after a single tele-flurry, you'd be even more vocal than you usually are.
Yea we are done here

I'm not gonna waste time arguing w someone who isn't current on the beta because chances are you're not current on many things and for that reason is why TYM gets a lot of bad rap lately due to misinformation and bad posters

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
b.121xxlow girl is blocked with the same timing as b.121xx OH toss would be and still getting the punish out because b.121xxOH toss has a large gap inbetween her hitting you where as bowl girl doesn't.
So if you block b.121xxOH toss and plan to punish, you have 0 timing variance.

Good.

This isn't even a supposed block infinite. The video has as much merit as when Qwark posted a video saying "just d.2 Bane out of Venom uppercut". It didn't take into account all of the options.

We've had this since day -1, people will bitch but actual Ferra/Torr players will gladly point out how bad this blockstring actually is.
you have no idea how many times online people have straight just jumped out, it's so frustrating

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yea we are done here

I'm not gonna waste time arguing w someone who isn't current on the beta because chances are you're not current on many things and for that reason is why TYM gets a lot of bad rap lately due to misinformation and bad posters
Pig, just for the sake of putting it out there

Do you know how plus Ferra/Torr is when he throws out his second b.1 in this scenario?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Normal throw

Its an infinite on paper. In reality, the pushback will let a lot of characters snatch F/T out of their next string.

If they don't, then they aren't delaying enough to get Ferra back, which is how the infinite works.

So the Ferra/Torr player basically has to time it perfectly to continue the pressure properly.
Not sure how a normal throw with a 10 frame startup would beat a move that would hit me before my active frames start.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not sure how a normal throw with a 10 frame startup would beat a move that would hit me before my active frames start.
Because the poster did a terrible job of illustrating that he is delaying a considerable amount to allow Ferra to get on his back.
b.121xxOH toss b.121xxOH toss doesn't have any advantage to it if he wants to keep throwing ferra.
He is left neutral if he delays that long.

You don't even need Beta to test it. Hop in training mode, pick Goro and Ferra/Torr or really anyone for that matter, do b.121xxOH toss and see how long you have to wait until your next b.121 will also have an OH toss on it.

It takes exactly 6 frames. Goro's standing 1 can trade with it. Throw beats it out because throw hitboxes extend further than hurtboxes.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I think were all fine with it being less plus. The issue here is that everyone ignored and shat on this character for the entirety of the games lifespan and now in the last two weeks the community has taken a complete 180 on the character. Literally Ferra Torr 101 is knowing what this move was on block and people ignored it for 9 months and now its too much? Im fine with making it plus 1 and that combined with everyone getting faster pokes like 16bit said will be fine. Its everyone elses fraudulent behaviour towards this character that is annoying us FT loyalists the most, not the aspect of getting nerfed
Thank you!

Maylon

Noob
Ferra / Torr is not a zoner by any means. He is an Anti-Zoner, The rushdown portions on all variations are better than trying to zone an entire match.
I wasn't implying that he was a zoner by any means, but vicious still lacks the properties to play the rushdown game to the extent that both lackey and ruthless do. As far as anti-zoning, you're mostly proving my point here as he can't do any of that while Ferra is MIA

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Only character with a 9f poke, we have the worst poke in the game, we made it! But seriously this needs to go.
Funny thing is, that the 9f d1 is pretty useless when the b12 does the deed pretty well. Now one would argue that d1 would have better range, but it doesn't, its even a nightmare when you remember that counter poking against someones d4s like Scorpion, Kano and the like is non-existend. And the sad part is, our best poke is a 12 frame which is +1 on block and people complain about it, lol.

ryublaze

Noob
These characters all have pokes faster than 8 frames in the latest version of the beta. Some of the frame data isn't up to date though.
I can't properly test this in the beta but if those characters have 7 frame pokes then i think at best they would trade with F/T's b1, which would still make this a pseudo block infinite on those characters (similar to Liu Kang's before). Thanks for the info btw. Love me some Takeda buffs. :)

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Ferra torr players in here defending this shit like "it was known, level up and learn to deal with it" and "jax has a + projectile too" lol. Id rather have this adjusted rather than give every single character 7f d1s. Takeda with that type of poke mannnnn. But lets just see what happens. Relax people.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Because nobody used ferra torr. Online the ONLY ferra torr ive ever played was the cool kid 93 and thats where i saw this. Now with the buffs everyone and their mom are using him and ALL doing this so its a lot more exposed now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Another note to everyone complaining about this:

Did you even test it?

From up close you can normal throw him out of b.121
From further away you can d.2 him out every time.

Takeda can do it. Goro can do it.

The only one who can't is Ferra/Torr because their d.2 is 19 frames and even THAT trades consistently sometimes.

You guys are an embarrassment to yourselves and your communities.
Stay free.

Maylon

Noob
Do you guys not realize the first hit of b.1 is high?
You can literally duck the first hit of it.
Characters with 19 frame uppercuts can trade into this "block infinite"
I'm pretty sure b.1 hits mid doombawkz, but it does seem to get low profiled by nearly everything

Status
Not open for further replies.