What's new

Breakthrough - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] Ferra/Torr Block Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS ONE
B121 is +2 (which means +3 against normals) and in the corner leaves you in still in b1 range. B1 being a 9 frame mid means it will come out in 6f correct me if I'm wrong
^ since 90% of TYM sucks foxy's balls (no disrespect to foxy he's awesome ) maybe some of you will magically change your mind after reading this
Every character's plus frames come in different forms, ferra/torr's just happens to be their projectile. I don't see what the big deal is, it's not like he's getting a 50/50 off of it. If the ferra/torr player is delaying the followup b121 after the ferra toss (so that ferra comes back in time to loop it), you CAN poke out. He was +6, but he just sat there and let those plus frames waste away. Remember, he's literally only plus for 1/10 of a second and b1 is a 10 frame mid that almost anyone can low profile. People will learn the matchup and not let you delay your b1 if this becomes a problem.

Jolt

Uprise
B121 is +2 (which means +3 against normals) and in the corner leaves you in still in b1 range. B1 being a 9 frame mid means it will come out in 6f correct me if I'm wrong

Every character's plus frames come in different forms, ferra/torr's just happens to be their projectile. I don't see what the big deal is, it's not like he's getting a 50/50 off of it. If the ferra/torr player is delaying the followup b121 after the ferra toss (so that ferra comes back in time to loop it), you CAN poke out. He was +6, but he just sat there and let those plus frames waste away. Remember, he's literally only plus for 1/10 of a second and b1 is a 10 frame mid that almost anyone can low profile. People will learn the matchup and not let you delay your b1 if this becomes a problem.
+2 isn't +3 against normals. It's still only +2. That said, there's still only a 1f window (b1 effectively 7f).

I don't know how low profiling or any of that stuff works with Goro in this case, so I won't say anything there lol.

The only time frames have any alteration is as a reversal *punish*. You can't punish something that's +2, so the whole thing with "reversals being faster" is basically irrelevant.

Even then though, sounds like someone without a 6f button would struggle if what you're explaining is accurate

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
+2 isn't +3 against normals. It's still only +2. That said, there's still only a 1f window (b1 effectively 7f).

I don't know how low profiling or any of that stuff works with Goro in this case, so I won't say anything there lol.

The only time frames have any alteration is as a reversal *punish*. You can't punish something that's +2, so the whole thing with "reversals being faster" is basically irrelevant.

Even then though, sounds like someone without a 6f button would struggle if what you're explaining is accurate
You see what I mean on the ferra toss issue though, right? If there was actually no way out from that then the simple answer would be to make ferra come back 1 or 2 frames later after ferra toss, not nerf the move which is vicious' only pressure tool.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think were all fine with it being less plus. The issue here is that everyone ignored and shat on this character for the entirety of the games lifespan and now in the last two weeks the community has taken a complete 180 on the character. Literally Ferra Torr 101 is knowing what this move was on block and people ignored it for 9 months and now its too much? Im fine with making it plus 1 and that combined with everyone getting faster pokes like 16bit said will be fine. Its everyone elses fraudulent behaviour towards this character that is annoying us FT loyalists the most, not the aspect of getting nerfed
Orly?
Quan has a D3 thats plus on block
You know what they say, what goes around, comes back around.

Jolt

Uprise
You see what I mean on the ferra toss issue though, right? If there was actually no way out from that then the simple answer would be to make ferra come back 1 or 2 frames later after ferra toss, not nerf the move which is vicious' only pressure tool.
IF that's a change that they can make, then yeah that'd probably be a smart one. What's a few more frames on the wait for her to return anyway? Stay plus, still get the d1 check, etc. Sounds good to me.

Looks like it's fine anyway from the other thread, but if something would have to change I think that's actually not a bad compromise

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
this is why nobody takes this site seriously anymore.
"Nobody takes this site seriously anymore" yet everyone is here, posting about and discussing important tech, and the people who work on the game are monitoring the forums and posting here regularly.

Can we end this fallacy in 2016? This is still the center of the competitive MK universe.

Last edited:

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Ferra Torrs launching ex projectiles are stupid. Lets be serious here:16Bit

This character can already trade for like 17% on projectiles anyway, so why do they need full combo buffs? That was never the problem (and was the answer F/T players wanted) in the first place surely?

The difference with Jax's one is that if he uses his close, you can full combo him for it, so its not really that big a deal, if you end up blocking it from his strings, then thats on you.

Losing a chunk of your moveset? Stop crying, you're not the only character that cant do something after throwing their projectile.
First off, holy shit AF0xyGrandpa quoted me *swoon*

second

Losing a chunk of your moveset? Stop crying, you're not the only character that cant do something after throwing their projectile.
Not even in the same galactic quadrant as Kung Lao, what strings do you lose after losing your hat?? how many laps does the hat have to do before he decides to get back on that pretty face of his?Have you ever started a round WITHOUT your hat!?!? C'mon man this isn't even a close comparison.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
"Nobody takes this site seriously anymore" yet everyone is here, posting about and discussing important tech, and the people who work on the game are monitoring the forums and posting here regularly.

Can we end this fallacy in 2016? Like it not, this is the center of the competitive MK universe.
Yet the top players barley or never post anything.

I come hear to learn what other characters can do, to meet people. I would go and say a good 80% of people on this site, talk first and lab second.

I have been on this site since MK9 and it has gotten worse since then.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Also to all those people screaming "EX launching projectiles too broke plz nerf" (looking at you @Pig Of The Hut @Af0xyGrampa)

The footage in the OP came from the current public build, so all those points are moot.

On top of that, we have no idea what is staying, going, or not even added yet to the beta (its like a three week old build), we have no idea what options all the characters have to deal with this when the new build gets released.

I can't believe the hate train that has barreled down on Ferra/Torr in just the last few weeks. This is kinda what I (and I think @Doombawkz, @MadeFromMetal @Shade667 @dennycascade, and any other mains I missed (didn't include Bio as he's absent from this discussion) would agree) feel like

Kamikaze_Highlander

As a F/T player I've never been in the situation where I started a round and Ferra wasn't on Torr's back.

Is such a thing possible? The only thing I can think of is if you whiff Bowl Girl and immediately get KO'd.
It happens rarely, Ferra will just keep running back and forth in between rounds and doesn't jump back on until after "Round 2, Fight!" I don't know the exact situation that causes it tho.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Also to all those people screaming "EX launching projectiles too broke plz nerf" (looking at you @Pig Of The Hut @Af0xyGrampa)

The footage in the OP came from the current public build, so all those points are moot.

On top of that, we have no idea what is staying, going, or not even added yet to the beta (its like a three week old build), we have no idea what options all the characters have to deal with this when the new build gets released.

I can't believe the hate train that has barreled down on Ferra/Torr in just the last few weeks. This is kinda what I (and I think @Doombawkz, @MadeFromMetal @Shade667 @dennycascade, and any other mains I missed (didn't include Bio as he's absent from this discussion) would agree) feel like

This is off topic but if that gif is a true story then that is epic lmao

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Okay. Next time I get someone in the corner, they should just put the controller down then right? Also if you crouch block B1 has a tendency to miss on certain characters.

It is good not disputing that but it is not broken since there is no guessing after b121 since it is not special cancel-able. Haven't tested this exact situation but I do believe you can jump out of my b121 on the follow up, The only thing guaranteed is a D1 as a true frame trap meaning you can't just jump out.

Status
Not open for further replies.