What's new

Breakthrough - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] Ferra/Torr Block Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Yea and please remind me when it started launching

Also many top players agree jax is top 3. Barking up The wrong tree here
it started launching in the beta? duh?what's your point? this isn't even confirmed permanent. I got a lot of respect for you pig but this isn't helping you.

If Jax is so high up in the tier list where are the torches and pitchforks for him!?!? why the fuck does a top 3 character need + projectile, the fucking double standard jesus.

You're making it sound like launching projectile is the most op thing in the game, when we have shit like the triple air juggle fans. Past midscreen (granted ex, also this, we have to spend a bar to launch, not like it's free, versions have been sped up ) both oh and low throws are reactable and can be easily avoided.

and wut do you mean wut? You asked why it should be plus, and I and all the other mains here have said it's because
a) Ferra has to run back to us

and

b)we lose a massive chunk of out moveset.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Damn the F/T defence force community trying to take on the King Cage defence force community !!!

lol you guys are gonna need to get through the Kang Defence force community first before you get to us.
And that's a tough road.

But keep trying you will get there, you guys are already touching that Tanya Defence force level.

I believe in you guys!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

#StartedAtTheBottomAndNowImHere

Jolt

Uprise
Would you like a video?
Videos always help. As a F/T lover (not main, hardly even a competent F/T player lol) I think making Ferra/Toss a little less + would probably be fine. +2? +3?

Just make a video showing why this isn't a true block infinite on anyone. Show the entirety of your side of the argument, you know how that goes.

If I had to choose between this and the EX Ferra Toss launcher, I'm gonna take the launcher soooooo.....

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
This is insane. Almost as bad as that whole Liu Kang fiasco. There's a pseudo block infinite and it's being defended by some golden quotes, such as:
"You can armor out"
"He has no tools when Ferra is off his back"
And my personal favourite:
"If you didn't know about it at launch then it's too late, deal with it"
Yeah, sure. If we found it a few months ago it would have made it less broken. You idiots should be happy it's been found so late so he won't get the Raiden treatment, at least now he's more likely to get nerfed fairly and in line with the cast as we have more dirt to compare him to.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
it started launching in the beta? duh?what's your point? this isn't even confirmed permanent. I got a lot of respect for you pig but this isn't helping you.

If Jax is so high up in the tier list where are the torches and pitchforks for him!?!? why the fuck does a top 3 character need + projectile, the fucking double standard jesus.

You're making it sound like launching projectile is the most op thing in the game, when we have shit like the triple air juggle fans. Past midscreen (granted ex, also this, we have to spend a bar to launch, not like it's free, versions have been sped up ) both oh and low throws are reactable and can be easily avoided.

and wut do you mean wut? You asked why it should be plus, and I and all the other mains here have said it's because

and

Ferra Torrs launching ex projectiles are stupid. Lets be serious here:16Bit

This character can already trade for like 17% on projectiles anyway, so why do they need full combo buffs? That was never the problem (and was the answer F/T players wanted) in the first place surely?

The difference with Jax's one is that if he uses his close, you can full combo him for it, so its not really that big a deal, if you end up blocking it from his strings, then thats on you.

Losing a chunk of your moveset? Stop crying, you're not the only character that cant do something after throwing their projectile.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Videos always help. As a F/T lover (not main, hardly even a competent F/T player lol) I think making Ferra/Toss a little less + would probably be fine. +2? +3?

Just make a video showing why this isn't a true block infinite on anyone. Show the entirety of your side of the argument, you know how that goes.

If I had to choose between this and the EX Ferra Toss launcher, I'm gonna take the launcher soooooo.....
It doesn't need to change advantage at all, because literally every character can escape it easily. I don't even play most of these characters and I've yet to find one that actually deals with more than 1 rep of this. Ever.

People wanna bitch then thats fine, but at the end of the day I'll gladly expose all of them if they keep it up.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Because nobody used ferra torr. Online the ONLY ferra torr ive ever played was the cool kid 93 and thats where i saw this. Now with the buffs everyone and their mom are using him and ALL doing this so its a lot more exposed now.
Whose fault is that though? Not ours. I posted this earlier in the thread but here it is again.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ask-ferra-thread-–-information-q-as.53095/

We made a thread dedicated to people asking about the character since they were under represented and put that overhead toss was plus 6 right there in the OP.

No one cared.

YOMI puts out multiple tierlists putting FT at the bottom, we try to say they arent that bad at all.

No one cared.

Now everyone knows Ferra Torr exists in the game and the most basic of concepts: "what is this move on block" is suddenly a huge deal. To those that have been playing them since day 1 this is just the funniest/most frustrating scenario possible

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is insane. Almost as bad as that whole Liu Kang fiasco. There's a pseudo block infinite and it's being defended by some golden quotes, such as:
"You can armor out"
"He has no tools when Ferra is off his back"
And my personal favourite:
"If you didn't know about it at launch then it's too late, deal with it"
Yeah, sure. If we found it a few months ago it would have made it less broken. You idiots should be happy it's been found so late so he won't get the Raiden treatment, at least now he's more likely to get nerfed fairly and in line with the cast as we have more dirt to compare him to.
Not a single character gets hit by more than 1 rep. Your entire argument and point is invalid.

Jolt

Uprise
It doesn't need to change advantage at all, because literally every character can escape it easily. I don't even play most of these characters and I've yet to find one that actually deals with more than 1 rep of this. Ever.

People wanna bitch then thats fine, but at the end of the day I'll gladly expose all of them if they keep it up.
Yo, that's fine then too. I'm on your side. I believe that the mains know better than anyone else, but as a frame counter I can see where this would be an issue *on paper* make your video disproving it and everyone really just has to hold that assuming everything is accurate.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Whose fault is that though? Not ours. I posted this earlier in the thread but here it is again.

We made a thread dedicated to people asking about the character since they were under represented and put that overhead toss was plus 6 right there in the OP.

No one cared.

YOMI puts out multiple tierlists putting FT at the bottom, we try to say they arent that bad at all.

No one cared.

Now everyone knows Ferra Torr exists in the game and the most basic of concepts: "what is this move on block" is suddenly a huge deal. To those that have been playing them since day 1 this is just the funniest/most frustrating scenario possible
I know what you mean, cant say why it was never really brought up before, but as this is the last patch people are trying find out as much as they can so that nothing gets missed. 16 bit already addressed the issue (which i dont agree with at all but then again he works for nrs and i dont), so i think everyone should leave this issue.

Skedar70

Noob
I was the first one to bring this up in the ask ferra thor thread. I was wondering why high level players like biohazard weren't abusing this. The answers I got in that thread didn't help and it has always been hard for my opponents to get out of this pressure. Everything that Doombawkz said actually isn't reliable to get out of it. The only reliable way to get out of it is if you have bar and armor between the gap or on wake up. I am a F/T main also but I agree that this is a little broken and needs some adjustment.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

No one cared.

No one cared.

Most people knew how plus it was, what most people didn't know is you can delay the following B1 enough for Ferra to come back and the opponent still can't poke out. People not finding this sooner is literally NO EXCUSE for an infinite and I have no idea why people are even saying that.

Some of the things being said in this thread are definitely the most stupid things I've read on this site in a while. Wow, just wow.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Not a single character gets hit by more than 1 rep. Your entire argument and point is invalid.
How? I've read a lot of arguing but noone has made a video or proven you can escape yet. The only proof here is a video of Takeda being unable to poke out of 2 reps.

Skedar70

Noob
Most people knew how plus it was, what most people didn't know is you can delay the following B1 enough for Ferra to come back and the opponent still can't poke out. People not finding this sooner is literally NO EXCUSE for an infinite and I have no idea why people are even saying that.

Some of the things being said in this thread are definitely the most stupid things I've read on this site in a while. Wow, just wow.
Even if you don't delay its really hard for the opponent to poke out. Its hard even for characters with 6frame pokes like kotal. So yes this is somewhat broken and even more broken if you can launch after the march one patch. F/T will still be good even if you adjust this a little.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

and

U lose it for two-three seconds

Dear god what will u ever do ?!?!?!?

Only jax doing a damn thing is Jupiter and thank god he is. Only one kenshi did anything in mk9 but by your logic I guess kenshi in mk9 wasn't top2

As for the beta non confirmed? No comment - no point yet

go ahead and post it so we can learn. Ill apologize too lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ferra Torrs launching ex projectiles are stupid. Lets be serious here:16Bit

This character can already trade for like 17% on projectiles anyway, so why do they need full combo buffs? That was never the problem (and was the answer F/T players wanted) in the first place surely?

The difference with Jax's one is that if he uses his close, you can full combo him for it, so its not really that big a deal, if you end up blocking it from his strings, then thats on you.

Losing a chunk of your moveset? Stop crying, you're not the only character that cant do something after throwing their projectile.
^ since 90% of TYM sucks foxy's balls (no disrespect to foxy he's awesome ) maybe some of you will magically change your mind after reading this

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Well a thread is being made with a video of takeda escaping consistently supposedly . I want to see it. Come on crowd, lets take our torches and pitchforks over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.