What's new

Breakthrough - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] Ferra/Torr Block Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryublaze

Noob

Not sure if this has been known but Ferra/Torr has a block infinite against some characters in the corner if they don't have meter. This is done by looping b121 Ferra Toss.

Ferra/Toss is I believe +6 on block and b1 is a 10 frame mid. After Ferra Toss if you immediately do b121 then Ferra won't be back in time for you to do another Ferra Toss. However, if you delay it a couple of frames you will get Ferra back and still be able to do the block infinite. Walking forward works best so you can visually see when to input b121.

As you can see in the video, there's nothing I can do besides block. There is a gap to backdash before Ferra Toss but it will beat backdash if you're in the corner. I believe this is a block infinite on characters with 8 frame or slower pokes, however most characters can low profile to get out.

Block Infinites: Erron Black, Kenshi, Kitana
Pseudo Block Infinites: Takeda
(Takeda can crouch block b121 and duck to get out of the block infinite, but still gets pseudo block infinited if b121 is delayed a bit more.)

What's funny is that this has been in the game since day 1 and has never been patched lol.

Credit to @EMPEROR_KNICKS for making me salty and doing this shit to me online.

@colt

Last edited:

CabooseLeGoose

Le Scoop
I've tested this before on Takeda and in all my tries, his D3 is able to interrupt, whether that's execution on the OH Toss to B1 I don't know. This works on very few characters. D3s can low profile it. Up till this point, Vicious needed it. Whether it stays is based on the balance changes we're seeing now.

ryublaze

Noob
I've tested this before on Takeda and in all my tries, his D3 is able to interrupt, whether that's execution on the OH Toss to B1 I don't know. This works on very few characters. D3s can low profile it. Up till this point, Vicious needed it. Whether it stays is based on the balance changes we're seeing now.
Takeda's d3 is way too slow there's no way he can get out. But yeah most characters can d3.

if youre delaying it a couple of frames then the b1 will be coming out after 12-14 frames.
Ferra Toss is +6 and b1 is 10 frames which means it'll be 4 frames. If I delay it by say 3 frames then it'll be 7 which beats any 8f poke.

This has been known for ages though. Btw When you have meter b121 oh toss has a gap.
If it's been known then how come I haven't seen it posted anywhere? Also how come it has never been patched after all this time? I'm bringing this up now because this is the 2nd character to block infinite my character and I heard this is going to be the last big patch for MKX and this needs to be patched.

MK Led

Umbasa
Yeah this has been known for yonks. Calling it a block infinite is a bit of a stretch though lol.

Edit: Unless it's different in the beta?

ryublaze

Noob
Yeah this has been known for yonks. Calling it a block infinite is a bit of a stretch though lol.

Edit: Unless it's different in the beta?
It's been known for quite a long time. It's just no one ever faces F/T. This is from November but was known much ealier than that.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ask-ferra-thread-–-information-q-as.53095/page-3#post-1945062
Day 1 bro
NOWHERE in that post does it say that it's a block infinite.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm not sure if any character ever needed something like this.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Because it isn't a true Block infinite.

It is for certain characters when they don't have meter. Either they block or they get hit. If the ferra torr is good enough, u can combo from b12 on airborne opponents.

As far as Takeda goes, I'm sure torr can block if he tries to armor thru the ferra toss.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It is for certain characters when they don't have meter. Either they block or they get hit. If the ferra torr is good enough, u can combo from b12 on airborne opponents.

As far as Takeda goes, I'm sure torr can block if he tries to armor thru the ferra toss.
Pretty sure they can't but I'm gonna check when I'm at home I don't want to give out wrong information.

Tweedy

Noob
Yet characters like DF Liu Kang and F/T were left unchecked for so long because they weren't popular enough for people to learn the match-up.
That's not a relevant point. If you count variations as different characters, the game has like 70 characters. Our community isn't the biggest. Just because something is unchecked, doesn't mean that it's fair.

Besides, no character ever needed something like this, as you stated, especially a character like Ferra Torr, who is actually turning out to be quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.