What's new

PowerUp 2011 - Cincinnati, OH - April 29 - May 1 (very first MK9 tourney; UMK3 too!)

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Right now the AL wi-fi will not be available to players. Sorry : (

Gotta preserve what connection the arcade does get for the stream.

GS to everyone getting those travel plans taken care of!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You guys better take pics and Bone, you need to remember to post via twitter! I'm gonna be hungry for updates! :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
Team Ohio:

THTB (captain)
Derrick Legend
Prof. Rouse
Dr. Rouse
(open spot, Tim and I or others can battle for it)

Team New York:

Reo (Captain)
Dan
Riu
AC
(open)

Team Wild Card:

Tom Brady (captain)
Krayzie Bone
(open)
(open)
(open)
If Ghaleon or Frank is going, then one of them can take the last Ohio spot.

I have an idea for another team, sans the Wild Card team. :D

If Ghaleon or Frank is going, then one of them can take the last Ohio spot.

I have an idea for another team, sans the Wild Card team. :D
I'm not sure if Chris or Frank will be playing MK9, but I'll probably put a feeler out in their threads to see who is interested.

AC1984

Kaballin!
AC is out for PowereUp.....AC blew all of his money in AC trying to make some for plane ticket. :-D...There's still little chance for me tho...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Good luck everyone for the MK tournaments! I got my money (mail) on Tom or REO for MK9!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lucky said I can ride with him to Cincinnati. He's going with you and Bone, right?
yea. i was just making sure someone was gonna get you and all LOL. i was confused. i mean, i am picking up Bone at about the same time. I'll talk to lucky and figure shit out. :)

Tim I told him to choose Friday or Thursday whichever is cheapest. I can't leave until after work on Friday anyway, so we will make it work.

Bone Reo and I all figured none of us are playing in tourneys on Friday anyway, so we don't have to be in a rush.

We will work out details on if we are all goin in the same car or separate later, I'm not worried about it, it's only a 90 minute drive.

*oh yeah and we also noticed the cincy airport is 40 mins from the venue, so defeats the purpose of having people go in there.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim I told him to choose Friday or Thursday whichever is cheapest. I can't leave until after work on Friday anyway, so we will make it work.

Bone Reo and I all figured none of us are playing in tourneys on Friday anyway, so we don't have to be in a rush.

We will work out details on if we are all goin in the same car or separate later, I'm not worried about it, it's only a 90 minute drive.
Cool. I'll pick them up on Thursday for sure, then we can come back here. We can stay here all night and day until your ready to leave.

As far as driving, i got the mini van. I can drive. let me know and plan this out :)

Cool. I'll pick them up on Thursday for sure, then we can come back here. We can stay here all night and day until your ready to leave.

As far as driving, i got the mini van. I can drive. let me know and plan this out :)
Yeah, we'll work it out. The important part was getting them here. I knew getting everyone down to Cincy is no problem.

For the moment I am changing the 5v5 to MK9 only, with the possibility of adding UMK3 later.

I've got a bunch of interest from people who want to participate, and if we end up having a lot of teams I want to make sure we have the time and can run them on all of the same setups after singles.

More info coming soon....

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
For the moment I am changing the 5v5 to MK9 only, with the possibility of adding UMK3 later.

I've got a bunch of interest from people who want to participate, and if we end up having a lot of teams I want to make sure we have the time and can run them on all of the same setups after singles.

I have a question. MK9 will have character lock after winning, right? And character lock with 5v5?

Also. I'm gonna go put money in my bank later today, then purchase my flight! Finally!

Tim Static

Adminerator

where is all this interest coming from? no one is really showing any in the threads etc. But MK9 + UMK3 teams tourney would be epic.

where is all this interest coming from? no one is really showing any in the threads etc. But MK9 + UMK3 teams tourney would be epic.
I got people ;)

Just can't confirm everyone until the game comes out.

I would like UMK3/MK9 too, but I want to just make sure we have time to run everything. If we do it round robin we add a lot of time to the event. If we end up with five teams (which would be ideal), that's gonna take forever.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'll be registering tonight.

just wondering if we end up donating to other people, would it be better to sign them up for whatever game were donating them to now or wait till we get to the venue to sign them up? like would I be able to purchase 2 mk9 pre registrations and say one is for me and one is for so and so, and they'll be listed after I purchase? or will I just end up being listed multiple times?? I just don't want to over pay and not get my money back if they don't list it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
@Dan: If you'd like to purchase for another person (and it's not a teams tournament entry), please make two separate orders. The first order can have only the games you'll be playing, and include your name and the handle you'll be playing under. The second order can have only the games the other person will be be playing, and include their name and handle.

Will you also be paying for their venue fee? If so, it's the same deal. Just include venue fee and tournament entry fees in their order.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I got people ;)

Just can't confirm everyone until the game comes out.

I would like UMK3/MK9 too, but I want to just make sure we have time to run everything. If we do it round robin we add a lot of time to the event. If we end up with five teams (which would be ideal), that's gonna take forever.
well you gotta relay this stuff!!

And if they are waiting till the game comes out, that is about 2 weeks or so before PU. cutting it way too close! :(