What's new

PowerUp 2011 - Cincinnati, OH - April 29 - May 1 (very first MK9 tourney; UMK3 too!)

I can make it if I can find the money to get there. The only money I have at the moment is enough to pre-reg.
I'm sure pre reg money can be refunded if you don't make it.

Hopefully you can find some people to travel with since a bunch around you should be comin down.

And like we said above hotel space shouldn't be an issue.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Yeah, let's plan on two rooms for now. Tim, Bone, Me in one room, and reo, dan in the other.

Can you only fit two in your truck? Is AC coming with you guys a possibility since he's out in the same direction as Reo?

That could be the third in your room if that can be worked out.

Bill will be here as well, I assume he's flying in, but if you guys wanna put him in your room to split cost you may wanna ask him if he's game for that. Not sure about his plans.

Dontay is coming down I assume, Shogun is, and so are both Rouse brothers. I'm pretty sure between the two rooms so far we can easily find people and get them spots to sleep to help with costs.
yea if ac wants to greyhound to rochester im down to driving him from roch to cincy...

everyone else can room with me i dont care... hopefully some can chip in ( but if not its ok)...

THTB ~ if money is an issue im sure we can help chip in.... you know we need you there if you can make it..

yea if ac wants to greyhound to rochester im down to driving him from roch to cincy
Hell AC and reo may be able to drive together to Rochester instead of take the bus, then combine up with you guys and save on the second half of the trip, but that's up to them.

Hotel space isn't an issue, to anyone who is worried about cost, get yourself here and we will figure out the rest. Very reasonable cost on eating at the venue too.

is there a taco bell near by?? i dont eat that stuff the caterer is offering.. : X
I'm all for taco bell, but are you crazy? You don't eat BBQ and cornbread??? Lol.

Seriously though there is a TON of food around the venue, we always eat well at the arcade.

We will definitely be doing 2am IHOP.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hell AC and reo may be able to drive together to Rochester instead of take the bus, then combine up with you guys and save on the second half of the trip, but that's up to them.

Hotel space isn't an issue, to anyone who is worried about cost, get yourself here and we will figure out the rest. Very reasonable cost on eating at the venue too.
its cheaper to greyhound.. it costs me 200 bucks to drive from rochester to philly (and back).. it will be will be about 250 to cincy and back..

reo will only be paying like 130 for a trip from ny to rochester and back.

I'm all for taco bell, but are you crazy? You don't eat BBQ and cornbread??? Lol.

Seriously though there is a TON of food around the venue, we always eat well at the arcade.

We will definitely be doing 2am IHOP.
yea i dont eat meat... i had to deal with tom giving me weird looks when we went to burger king and i just order a bun with cheese, lettuce and pickles lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Well, I'm looking over ways to get there. Dan, if you'd be able to come get me, it's somewhat on the way...just it's an hour extra, though. If I could take the Greyhound to Columbus and ride with Tim and Lucky, it'd be about 60 bucks to do so.

Dan, I think we all went WTF when you ordered a Whopper with no burger. LMAO!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Well, I'm looking over ways to get there. Dan, if you'd be able to come get me, it's somewhat on the way...just it's an hour extra, though. If I could take the Greyhound to Columbus and ride with Tim and Lucky, it'd be about 60 bucks to do so.

Dan, I think we all went WTF when you ordered a Whopper with no burger. LMAO!
where in cleveland do you live... i was thinking of possibly picking you up or like us meeting on my way pass that area LOL

THTB

That's the thing...I don't live in Cleveland anymore LOL. I'm staying closer to Youngstown now.

Yeah find a way to CBus at least and we will make it work.

And lol Dan, you can definitely do a lot better around here vegetarian than Taco Bell. But I think there's one close anyway.

Are you Vegan?

@Bone I'd be down for Thurmans if you come in Thursday for sure.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Yeah find a way to CBus at least and we will make it work.

And lol Dan, you can definitely do a lot better around here vegetarian than Taco Bell. But I think there's one close anyway.

Are you Vegan?

@Bone I'd be down for Thurmans if you come in Thursday for sure.
I'll definitely do that. I'm down.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Had the first conference with Sp00ky regarding the stream / game scheduling. The tentative schedule has received an overhaul. To see the current schedule and for any final revisions, go to the PowerUp 2011 Event Details page

The changes are positive when it comes to MK!

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
Yep, MK9 is being treated as the main game it is. Sp00ky is interested in doing the finals for it along with SSFIV/MvC3/T6/Mystery on Sunday. So I'm hoping for some good exposure of MK9 and the players. With any luck we'll also be able to stream UMK3 for a bit.

I'm really glad I posted up a "tentative" schedule, lol. But rest assured that by April 5th the schedule will receive no further changes, and it will be designated as the "Final Schedule".

Ok, so Tim and I were brainstorming yesterday about a MK "special event" maybe to put on. Not sure yet on whether we'll have space or time from Nathan to run it in the venue, or if we'll do it in the hotel rooms, but either way, should be fun.

We're thinking a 5v5 regional round robin in both UMK3/MK9. Play each other team 5v5 (single games or 2/3 for each match) in a round robin in each game, with points awarded for each match won.

MK games run fast, this should be easy to do and do it quick.

So far we can probably count on three teams at least, plus we'll put out info for other teams to form. Ohio, Northeast (New York), and Wildcard (for Bone from CA, and Bill from Virginia). I think we can easily get another Midwest team (lots of IL, IN, MI guys coming), and maybe a fifth team to round it out.

For anyone coming, let us know your input on if you think you can form a team of five guys, and maybe how you'd like this run. Buy in can be discussed as well, and maybe we'll get a special prize for the winning team.

I'd be ok with $5 a person (so $25 a team), and I'll commit to putting in something as a prize or bonus for the winning team.

Again, this is not an official event, so we'll have to do this during casuals at the venue on our MK9 stations, or in the hotel room at night unless Nathan thinks space will open up, but I'm not counting on it.

THTB

I would be up for that. Sounds like it'd be really fun.

Also, to backtrack to the me getting there situation...I've looked up prices for Greyhound for round trip to Columbus. At this moment it's $56 were I to leave for Columbus on the 28th and head back to Youngstown on the 2nd...which isn't bad at all.

Team Wildcard just won...
You might think so.... but that's why the event has UMK3 in it, lol.

Team Wilcard can't touch team NY in umk3 IMO, and honestly, I think Ohio is taking them down as well :weightlifter:. They're going to have to carry their weight in MK9 to win.