What's new

Post-Tremor Patch - Wishful Thinking

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Also WTF is Spectral Ermac.... I honestly think they have no idea what to do with that one. That variation needs a complete overhaul. Give him Zatana's mirror image.... it ties into the spectal/ghost theme and good make for some mindgames. Just gall it Spectral image and you're set.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
This place is a joke
Ow so, they're legitimate qualms about the balancing of variation this far into the patch season. There are variations that need help and there are some reasonable suggestions
How about absolutely no changes for the love of god
Really? No changes. Wow.... yeah, patch notes are a bit tedious but game balance is important. Honestly I'd like to see struggling variations get attention rather than nerfs to the toptier

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Here we go again. You can armor through F13 into anything as long as you have a bar of meter, and Erron Black needs a bar of meter to make it safe; in fact, if he goes for the EX Sand Grenade and you use armor, he wastes a bar of meter and eats your armored move also, so I say it is fair enough. "Command grab can be meter burned after confirming on hit": yeah, for like 1% , so it can only be useful to end the match. Caltrops do damage as long as you stay in them. I don't see you complaining about Noxious, which is a walking Caltrops that won't allow you to make a comeback. Erron Black is one of the best characters in the game, but that has never been a good reason to change a character.
We see Fox use it to kill all the time, the point is he doesn't have to risk wasting that bar on an EX grab like any other grappler would. The other grapplers are also slower, bigger, and have less command grab mix ups off tick throws, and Erron has better oki options off his grab, does that make sense to you?

And yes, Erron Black can be armored through in a few situations, big whoop, he can bait armor, or he can do the overhead to mid version of the string to be safe or use that as a half screen tick throw. The point is that he has every tool in the book and then some. He has meterbuild, meterless damage, good armor moves, good mix ups, good grappling, good corner carry, good unbreakable damage, the fastest run speed, good footsie tools and reach on moves that are already mix ups...

haketh

Noob
Really? No changes. Wow.... yeah, patch notes are a bit tedious but game balance is important. Honestly I'd like to see struggling variations get attention rather than nerfs to the toptier
The game balance is fine right now, I'd rather we finally get some time to sit & fully learn the game in & out without anymore changes so we can better catch things. We've gone through a ton of patches in three months, let the game settle a bit.

I just want all hitbox issues fixed for every character.

Kung laos hitbox issues are 11212/112124 whiffing on the second and last hit of the string when not done after a run up. People running through low hat from close range and when he is cornered. 11212 hat spin 44 needs to work on female characters too.

I know Johnny cage has a lot of hitbox issues as well and gender specific/character specific combos are stupid.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The few normalizations this game needs is Jump attacks to have less active frames and 2 more startup frames, some characters are stupid hard to trip guard punish because they jump becomes active for so damn long and so damn fast and its impossible to duck or run under, the better choice mostly is blocking, but when this happens you're already screwed.
Some backdash chasing strings either need less distance covered or less active frames.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
We see Fox use it to kill all the time, the point is he doesn't have to risk wasting that bar on an EX grab like any other grappler would. The other grapplers are also slower, bigger, and have less command grab mix ups off tick throws, and Erron has better oki options off his grab, does that make sense to you?

And yes, Erron Black can be armored through in a few situations, big whoop, he can bait armor, or he can do the overhead to mid version of the string to be safe or use that as a half screen tick throw. The point is that he has every tool in the book and then some. He has meterbuild, meterless damage, good armor moves, good mix ups, good grappling, good corner carry, good unbreakable damage, the fastest run speed, good footsie tools and reach on moves that are already mix ups...
I'm not saying it's a "big whoop", but you said his overhead string couldn't be backdashed, so I assumed you didn't know that it could be armored through. Now that you know it, you can go hit the lab and practice ;) Erron Black doesn't have "reach on moves that are already mix ups". If you don't know that you can just block overhead from a certain distance, then I don't know what to say; it seems as if you were complaining about a character you only watched videos of. Ferra/Torr is fast and has 50/50s. It has an astounding reach. Do you see anyone complaining? Level up; or at least neutral jump punch all day so that you win something and stop whining.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Oh right thought it was Tremor changes. My bad. Alright then.

Tanya:
F4 cancel advantage actually valid, can be cancelled into all specials. (Up from not being able to combo at all)
B312 only has one gap (down from two)
NJP 5 frames since she was supposed to be airborne but everybody beats her njp. (down from 7)
In conjunction with the change as to how her teleport behaves, her air and MeterBurn specials adjusted:
MB Drill safe on block. 8 more recovery frames on whiff. Startup frames are the same.
MB Drill (Air) +14 on block, 8 more recovery frames on whiff. Startup frames are the same.
Drill (Air) +2 on block, 12 more recovery frames on whiff. Startup frames are the same.
Split (Air) safe on block, 12 more recovery frames on whiff. Startup frames are the same.
MB Split safe on block. 8 more recovery frames on whiff. Startup frames are the same.
MB Split (Air) +14 on block, 8 more recovery frames on whiff. Startup frames are the same.
MB Shroud +8 on block again. Startup frames are the same.
She can still be poked / armored out of most things she can do.

The only thing I want is for everyones mid to actually hit mid. Thats it.

I'm not saying it's a "big whoop", but you said his overhead string couldn't be backdashed, so I assumed you didn't know that it could be armored through. Now that you know it, you can go hit the lab and practice ;) Erron Black doesn't have "reach on moves that are already mix ups". If you don't know that you can just block overhead from a certain distance, then I don't know what to say; it seems as if you were complaining about a character you only watched videos of. Ferra/Torr is fast and has 50/50s. It has an astounding reach. Do you see anyone complaining? Level up; or at least neutral jump punch all day so that you win something and stop whining.
exactly erron is actually usually easy for me with torr I just want a little quicker use of ferra so dealing with zones isn't so annoying

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Didn't we already we already got the "Tremor patch", the one that included his files, the UMK3 Ermac skin and stuff?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
The game balance is fine right now, I'd rather we finally get some time to sit & fully learn the game in & out without anymore changes so we can better catch things. We've gone through a ton of patches in three months, let the game settle a bit.
Well than, I'll let the game settle in order to justify the fact hat some folks just get to have the raw deal because they couldn't cry as loud as the Kenshi and Kitana mains.

I respect your stance on the issue, but it does feel a bit dismissive.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
"Ferra Torr fast" please stop now, its the biggest hurtbox in the game and worst walk and run speed. Overhead is over 20 frames start up and even slower in Lackey so that's just wrong and it's not a 50-50. I already know you can armor the overhead string but you can't back dash it because of how far he advances forward during it, it catches all backdashes, so I am forced to use meter, great. And I have played Erron Black plenty of times and yes he does have mix ups from half screen all of which leave him in a grab immune state so I can't armored command grab him out of them, he has the overhead string, overhead drop kick, low slide, and low sand balls. You clearly don't know anything about Ferra Torr either so stop trying to act like FT is Erron Black tier because that is the biggest heap of bullshit I've heard. NJP is used on a read with them because of how slow it is even with its reach. Id rather have Outlaw Erron blacks instant sward NJP that hits people below him too over the slow Ferra one any day

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Here we go again. You can armor through F13 into anything as long as you have a bar of meter, and Erron Black needs a bar of meter to make it safe; in fact, if he goes for the EX Sand Grenade and you use armor, he wastes a bar of meter and eats your armored move also, so I say it is fair enough. "Command grab can be meter burned after confirming on hit": yeah, for like 1% , so it can only be useful to end the match. Caltrops do damage as long as you stay in them. I don't see you complaining about Noxious, which is a walking Caltrops that won't allow you to make a comeback. Erron Black is one of the best characters in the game, but that has never been a good reason to change a character.
Are you ACTUALLY comparing caltrops to Reptiles default noxious gas?