What's new

Post-Tremor Patch - Wishful Thinking

I fully expect Kung Lao to stay top tier. NRS has shown they are not capable of making him balanced with the rest of the cast. I also fully expect sub zero and raiden to not get any other viable variations. NRS has proven that they do not want those characters to be top tier. They tried their best to make grand master low mid by fixing his "bugged" clone, but he somehow maintained a high tier status. I also think raidens safe overhead was unintentional and I honestly don't think they intended for him to have a vortex. We got lucky with one viable variation for both so I'm happy with that.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Do you have any mind bending abilities, or only psychic? If so... Have Paulo make Jacqui's Force Rush/Force Charge a mid, also available in an aerial version that can be special canceled into Air Ground Smash/Air Fake Out, and also have Air Fake Out cancelable into an NJP. Have him put armor on her Up Rocket and no need to Meter Burn Low Rocket to delay it. Also have him make her D4 10 frames Start Up, and extend horizontal hitboxes on S1 and D3 to full screen.

Thanks Stealthy, you're the best.
Close. No. No. No. No. Close. No lol.

Finally, an interesting thread.

I predict JacquI and Goro to receive significant buffs.

Taleda, Cage, Kano, Mileena, Reptile, Ferra/Torr to receive slight buffs.

Liu Kang pseudo infinite removed, but receives other buffs.

Quan Chi pseudo unblockable removed, but receives other buffs.

Predator damage nerf.

Ermac will get a buff to his 2 useless variation and make them not useless and now interesting.

Sub-zero buffs on unbreakable variation.

Kung lao, Tanya and Shinnok will remain unchanged.

General buff on antiairs: Uppercut and some normal attacks will now have an advantage versus jump punches, except Kung lao jump punch with hat will always beat everything.

Fixes on some hitbox issues.
These sound great but what about buffs to Displacer/ master of storms?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
My cryo sub predictions

Allow him to run cancel his sword strings like A list Johnny and or run cancel ice ball. This will help his meter building and adds more to the role of this variation. More plus frames added to f2+4grab string.

Outside of strings whiffing I know that will be addressed.

Kung Lao ex teleport needs to track when delayed and have armor when he comes out of the ground. Right now it's not awesome when I ex teleport out of the corner from pressure to only get d2 in the face basically wasting my meter for nothing really sucks. Other than that hat trick needs a little tweak here and there after that Lao is fine.

skater11

The saltiest
Idk but I'm eagerly waiting for the next patch to decide who to pick up next. I have my eyes on a few characters but I can't confidentially choose just yet when there's a chance it can completely change after this upcoming patch.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
If Reptile or Goro don't get buffed I think I'd literally die of shock.
They'll just merge them together. The new character will be Reptar WITH FOUR FUCKING ARMS...two arms are guns because Jack's daughter sucks too. Just do this, NRS. #invisiblepunchwalk #itsucksyes? #dinosaurwithguns

I expect to see some sort of buff to Goro, considering he's like... non-existant.
GORBYSMAL! :DOGE

NRS should just give him Johnny Cage's sunglasses and they can call it even. :cool:

Last edited:

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
What do you mean by "soon"? It's 100% coming before September. I've never been wrong about anything. That reminds me...

AMA ABOUT THE PATCH!
Have a burning question about the upcoming patch? Ask me! Be specific, though.

Edit: I can't be held responsible for falsely raising your hopes.
Any more?