What's new

Pool Assignments and Schedule for UFGT 8: Infinity

Medina4life

Media Master
Yea, I came up to him about this in the middle of March. If you know Keits you already know that pretty much everything was decided in terms of what would be going on at UFGT. Granted, I had no idea Final Round was going to happen the way it did. That was the first time I ever streamed at a major. I didn't think having a MK dedicated stream at a major was possible. It just kind of happened and soon after it kind of just became a regular thing.
Semi Evil Ryu, the 4g card I initially used belongs to the wonderful @Beer Guy Ed. After that GGA has purchased one and with or without me, they will be taking it to every event they go.

p.s.
@ SwiftTomHanks I laughed pretty hard when I read "AND A MAJOR WIN"

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Maybe Medina is right and I am spoiled, I just assumed the situation was the same as FR and he had access to 4G so that his casting would have no impact on the main streams other than maybe a few less viewers. If this isn't the case then I'll eat my words and thank you for supporting our community.
Re-read the last several pages. Keits explains it all quite nicely. It shouldn't matter regardless. All Keits has to say is "There is a contract, and no one else can stream."

I can't help but laugh at all the talk about discussing the details of the contract. When have the details of any private contract been the public's business when its not an IPO or some such high-profile deal? That's ridiculous in any situation.

Pig of the Hut: "Hey guys, I got a new job today, the one I really wanted!"
Skkra: "COOL BRAH LETS SEE UR CONTRACT I WANT TO SEE UR SALARY."

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling PL is pretty much done with MK and is concentrating on the coming DoA game. Ohio's success now rests on Master D., FOREVER KING, THTB, Michael Angelo, MKLegend, etc.

Good luck to everyone. This tournament should be very good. I can't wait to see CD Jr., Pig, REO, Dizzy, Osu, etc. etc. in action.
Dude stop mentioning that kid, hes so random.

Re-read the last several pages. Keits explains it all quite nicely. It shouldn't matter regardless. All Keits has to say is "There is a contract, and no one else can stream."

I can't help but laugh at all the talk about discussing the details of the contract. When have the details of any private contract been the public's business when its not an IPO or some such high-profile deal? That's ridiculous in any situation.

Pig of the Hut: "Hey guys, I got a new job today, the one I really wanted!"
Skkra: "COOL BRAH LETS SEE UR CONTRACT I WANT TO SEE UR SALARY."
FFS. It's been or should be a public business in grassroots for the fact it's for
the community by the community. It's not corporate. It's a bunch of players hosting an event. THAT is the main reasoning behind the whole FGC vs eSports debate. I don't understand this at all. Medina came too late otherwise he'd be streaming.

If it lands it's a read, if it misses it's random. So for the most part, he's just making good reads.
Next level shit bro.
he understands when it is a guessing game of when to spin, but putting yourself in a risky situation everytime is not going to make your game level up so its only going to take you that far. and against people who really know how to deal with that teleport 3, youre going to get hit even before that kick comes out. Right now I am trying to change my whole KL playstyle, im gonna start from scratch since most stuff is really only affective against braindead zoning.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling PL is pretty much done with MK and is concentrating on the coming DoA game. Ohio's success now rests on Master D., FOREVER KING, THTB, Michael Angelo, MKLegend, etc.

Good luck to everyone. This tournament should be very good. I can't wait to see CD Jr., Pig, REO, Dizzy, Osu, etc. etc. in action.
whut, who is gonna represent lao in america? somebody in america really needs to learn that uk style of lao. I know im trying lol.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Well....my pool looks eerily familiar to FR.
Barely beat Clint and lost to CDjr....and add in Cyrax, which can literally make you lose a tourny match instantly.
So I got a stacked pool again.....

At FR, it was me, cdjr, blackula, showtime, eklectic, konqrr, morty, wafflez, arturo, BigD, clint and shujinkydink....ALL IN THE SAME POOL!!!!!!

Not looking forward to this.....at all. :coffee:
dont give up before you even play your pool.. just sit down and play.. dont worry who is in your pool, cus thats just gonna throw you off your game... your sektor is solid.. everyone else in your pool should be sweating having to play you..

dont give up before you even play your pool.. just sit down and play.. dont worry who is in your pool, cus thats just gonna throw you off your game... your sektor is solid.. everyone else in your pool should be sweating having to play you..
im not sweating lol im looking foward to playing sektgod top 10 lol

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
regardless of high player numbers this has nothing to do with quality of the matches. if you have 100 guys and 50 are really good players. then you have a game with 50 players and all 50 are really good players. I just rather see the latter. More quality matches equals more viewers. MK has already proven that it has beast viewer numbers regardless of tourney size. (TXShowdown). Idk i just think its a dumb stipulation to agree with contractually. bottom line if you want viewer nmbrs you show MK if viewer nmbrs don't matter than who cares what game you show so just show all BBCS. In the end it's up to the TO to run the tourney the way he wants so what can ya do? the fact that we might miss a match as hype as xSmokex vs Reo from toryuken is a bit disappointing.

i just talked to mklegend and he said he won't be going to tournaments for awhile unless they are in the ohio area, so that means you'll only see him at powerup and seasons beatings, need to get him to console combat.

AC1984

Kaballin!
$70 fee? What are you smoking? 16 Bit paid $35 total because he didn't wait to the last minute, and even those who do use Emergency still dont pay $70.

I've never mistreated the MK community. I even worked hard to score you a 1k bonus from WB and spread it down top 8.
My mistake... $60 with MK fee included...Its still too much....
Why would you make MK9 on Xbox360 when every other tournament (legit one) follows the standards set by EVO - PS3 + ASUS...

Are you aware of the fact that 90% of the pad players use PS pads?
Why do they have to buy those shitty converters for nothing?

If you support MK, do it the right way.... NRS dropped 1K for every evo qualifier. your event just happened to be one of them so don't brag about that.

Good luck with the tournament tho, looking forward to see laggy converters and glitches all over the place.

Slymind

Noob
The absolute truth. Keits, please don't listen to TYM when it comes to seeding, its a popularity contest. Everybody hates chrisg fyi...

Top 8 placers at Majors:
Soonk, Pig, ChrisG, Dizzy, IkizzLE, 16bit, CDjr, Reo, KevoDaMan, Justin Wong, BlueNine, Medina
I think....
Excuse-me, out of curiosity, why does everbody hates Chris G? Isn't he always somehow supporting this game in tournaments?