What's new

Pool Assignments and Schedule for UFGT 8: Infinity

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
If the mystery game is WWF No Mercy for the N64, I will make sure that one of the entrants doesn't show so that I may take his place.

And then I will proceed to drop Stunner after Stunner in-game until I am declared the UFGT 8 Mystery Game Tournament champion.

Keits

Direktor
If the mystery game is WWF No Mercy for the N64, I will make sure that one of the entrants doesn't show so that I may take his place.

And then I will proceed to drop Stunner after Stunner in-game until I am declared the UFGT 8 Mystery Game Tournament champion.
There is no "the" mystery game.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

Personally, I want hungry hungry hippos. I've been training on that for weeks. WEEKS!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Mystery Game reached its cap on April 30th, but you can add your name to the alternates list at the door. If someone no-shows, you may be able to buy into their spot if you are around.
PRIMAL RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO The issue is way to many tournaments in a small amount of time. It's unreasonable to expect people to travel to every single one. I had to choose between Canada and this one and i chose canada, one because I wanted to hang out with my friends from there and two because i had already planned it pre ufgt.

I can say that Toryuken was the best community major i have been to yet. It was ran on time, we registered at the door, there was plenty of space and we had a huge projector set up with like 100 seats. And they let us do an 8 v 8 on stream with everyone watching on that big setup. It didn't start until 3 pm and top 8 didn't start until 4 the next day. Also it was on a ps3 not xbox. Was GODLIKE!
This is more of a thing for Ponder and MrWizard than Keits, but IMO this "problem" is something that really ought to be talked about more. Last year in 2011, there were 10-11 (a list I found has 10, but it's omitting ECT) EVO Qualifying Tournaments, which essentially made 10-11 big tournaments for people to travel to (One of those was in Australia, so it's really 9-10 tournaments).

This year, there were 16 such events! That's a ridiculous # of tournaments, and players have to budget their time and money accordingly. This results in one of two effects:

1. Every tournament gets mid-sized fields for MK (and other games get not huge fields) of around 30-50 players, because players end up not traveling and going only to the tourneys closest to them and maybe one other tourney.
or
2. Most tournaments have tiny fields for MK and then a few get the entire community to come out, resulting in large fields.

We've seen, in MK at least, a mixture of 1 and 2. Final Round had a huge MK field (120 is pretty damn good), but then no later EVO tourney has seemed to have more than 50 players (MLG had over 90, admittedly). The end result is that MK tourney fields seem small, as the community is heavily diluted.

For MK, that kind of sucks. And It is nice I guess to support as many big tourneys as possible by giving them EVO recognition, but it does make certain games look worse and may not be building scenes as players don't get together. Normally this wouldn't be that big of a problem, except EVO now has a limit on the playerbase due to it being so damn big, meaning even that tourney may not have the whole community coming together as it should.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There's been some changes. I'm now in Pool D with Pig. Slips is out of that pool and in Pool F and Jody was the poor bastard sent to the Kabal pool.

Man, you know it was rough when I'm actually relieved to be sent to the top Kenshi's pool.

Pig Of The Hut

There's been some changes. I'm now in Pool D with Pig. Slips is out of that pool and in Pool F and Jody was the poor bastard sent to the Kabal pool.

Man, you know it was rough when I'm actually relieved to be sent to the top Kenshi's pool.
Kenshi and I would like to welcome you to pool D

Somberness

Lights

I bet you requested to be in pool D1.

Pig Of The Hut

The forum cries about easy/hard pools, shit gets moved around, and now we have 3 GGA in one pool and the cries of rigging will start to come out. Just put the pools back the way they were and ignore people on the internet.

While they're at it they should nerF kenshi

hey is there anyone with extra room in their hotel room? this is the first tourney somewhat close to where i live and its on xbox so it would be a huge dissapointment to me to miss it and i cant afford a hotel room by myself. ill pay to sleep on the floor lol. anything will do

Pig Of The Hut

hey is there anyone with extra room in their hotel room? this is the first tourney somewhat close to where i live and its on xbox so it would be a huge dissapointment to me to miss it and i cant afford a hotel room by myself. ill pay to sleep on the floor lol. anything will do
damn LAST minute anyone?
lol

good luck man

well i did have enough money my roomate just moved out and fucked me over for rent cuz he couldnt pay his bill. and now im screwed lol