What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wait there’s people in here claiming they would have hit him? LOOOL yeah okay, whatever helps you sleep at night tough guy. If anyone is fucking stupid enough to hit someone at an event, have fun being banned from every event and possibly facing charges. Only a grade A bitch would throw hands over a video game at an event.

Wait there’s people in here claiming they would have hit him? LOOOL yeah okay, whatever helps you sleep at night tough guy. If anyone is fucking stupid enough to hit someone at an event, have fun being banned from every event and possibly facing charges. Only a grade A bitch would throw hands over a video game at an event.
Only a grade A bitch would act like he lost his damn mind going up in someone's face like that. Respect people's personal space

So we're acting like honeybee didn't hit someone last month...

Thingy

Retired account
This should probably be directed at buffalo/daddy. How about not getting your underoos in a twist because someone on the internet called you bad a video game in a round about way?

lmfao what a child.
That is how I see it. If anyone can be accused of being sensitive, it is Buffalo. I would have laughed my ass off if Buffalo would have clowned Scar in any other way than being a belligerent piece of shit on a stage he knew he would not get hurt on, as there are cameras and plenty of people to break up a potential fight.

Scar said some shit on Twitter that was meant to highlight his opinion on fraudulent wins with the first to 2 sets and then blocked Buffalo (apparently). That does not excuse causing a scene with a violent outburst.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of trash talking, ESPECIALLY in the middle of an event. Now, if it's friends and I, or people who know me, that's a bit different story, but in most cases, I let my performance do the talking and save my celebrations for the end.

I get this was at the end of the Buffalo/Scar match, but it wasn't the end of the tournament. I liken this to a baseball player over celebrating a home run in the 4th inning, or a football player over celebrating a sack when his team is down by 14 points. I don't really like it in those situations and I didn't like it here.

If Buffalo felt Scar's tweet was "discrediting" his win (I personally didn't read it that way) he could have addressed the situation with Scar before the event. Perhaps Scar should have sought Buffalo out and attempted to clear the air.

In the end, though, I personally like the "act like you've been there before" attitude and holding off my celebrations until I've actually won the event I'm competing in.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
What he did was not okay.

1. Popping off for an entire minute and entering a persons space that closely, makes you an absolute asshole. If that was me on the stage I would have slapped him off the stage. But that's me.

2. Scar isn't me. When Scar gave Buffalo the middle finger, you could see him shake like crazy. He was as uncomfortable as it gets in that situation and understandably so.

3. Even if Scar wasn't as "calm" (passive) as he is, he couldn't have done shit in that situation, because that would have made him lose all sponsors and not gain a single one in the future. So in a way what Buffalo did, is even more fucked up if you look at it from that perspective. Being in Scars face, screaming at him non-sense. He is either overly emotional and kinda dumb, or he was perfectly aware of it all and did it on purpose: "YEAH COME ON, PUSH ME, HIT ME! LOSE YOUR SPONSORS AND YOUR MONEY! THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO TELL ME THAT I'M BAD, YOU LITTLE PRICK! COME ON, HIT ME!"

I won't be watching any more Buffalo matches. Fuck that weirdo.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I would have slapped him 100%. Defending my personal space doesn't make me a bitch. You don't get to get close to me to a point, where we can exchange saliva without my permission. And you sure as hell don't stay in there for a minute. If you think that's normal or acceptable, then I don't know what to tell you.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
If Scar's concerns were solely connected to the ft2 he could have left out the "omg I'm surprised Buffalo took out NK". It didn't add anything to the statement that FT2 is a questionable rule.

And you should note, Buffalo was calm and collected when he tried to sort out the issue on Twitter, but Scar being like "w/e dont talk to me" and proceeds to block him. Idk about you guys but that is arrogant as fuck essentially saying "fuck your feelings, and fuck what you have to say". This popoff was not surprising given the build up Scar's actions caused. I think Buff took it way too far, and he also apologized accordingly afterwards

The only one who hasnt owned up to their mistakes is the Combo Breaker champ. He could have apologized for his ambiguous tweet before it even got to this stage instead of this arrogant demeanor

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This should probably be directed at buffalo/daddy. How about not getting your underoos in a twist because someone on the internet called you bad at a video game in a round about way?

lmfao what a child.
It’s a competition, people talk shit to each other when things get competitive. The popoff was no different than any other popoff, except that this one was 100% not fabricated and had real history behind it. And instead of running to twitter to talk shit behind a screen, he did it in person face to face. Kid has my respect.

All he did was yell “ft2 boyz” in his face. As I already said, yeah he was too close to him in his face, but even that’s not a big deal when you’re in a competitive environment. Y’all are acting like context doesn’t matter.

I would have slapped him 100%. Defending my personal space doesn't make me a bitch. You don't get to get close to me to a point, where we can exchange saliva without my permission. And you sure as hell don't stay in there for a minute. If you think that's normal or acceptable, then I don't know what to tell you.
And you would be banned from events and probably have charges filed against you. But we both know you aren’t dumb enough to do something like that.

BS3OOO

Noob
I see nothing wrong. Buffalo reacted the way he felt he had to. He let his emotions out, that is all. Scar also did great, kept calm and took it like a man because he deserved it. There was beef between them and Buffallo had every right to pop off however he felt he needed to. No one got hurt and all is good.
Buffalo reacted the way he felt he had to?! GTFO. If his sensitive ass got that offended over “ft2 boyz”, I can only imagine what else he’s doing. Anybody who gets in another person’s face and spits on them deserves to get slapped.

Mom: Buffalo, clean up your room!
Buffalo: I’M PLAYING MK RIGHT NOW MOM
Mom: Give the game a break and clean up your room!
Buffalo: SHUTUP WHORE!

It’s ok, Buffalo reacted the way he felt he had too. He let his emotions out, that’s all...

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Lol honeybee got heated with a guy a few months ago, but he hashed it out after--like an adult. Im sure its not a big deal, just chillout ppl. plz its jst a video game for gods sake.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The guy is clearly a bully. First Raptor and now this. Nothing's more professional than getting a cheap laugh on social media at the expense of others, fellow members of tight scene no less.

But let's all demonize the kid who earned a comeuppance against his bully.
Hmm. Ok, if Scar went out of his way to put the guy down online than he had it coming. I miss guys like Michaelangelo who had class when they win tourneys, most of these guys now seem to let this shit get to their head or go out of their way to make statements nobody cares for. One thing I don't understand with guys who go to every big tournament you see each other, you know them. If you have a beef be a man and discuss it or say it to the person's face then, but most people bitch out now and trash talk on twitter then do nothing the next time they see their rival. Not saying to get physical, people just need to be grown ups and not children with the gossip like a bunch of drama queens.

Last edited:

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
2. Scar isn't me. When Scar gave Buffalo the middle finger, you could see him shake like crazy. He was as uncomfortable as it gets in that situation and understandably so.
Holy shit your right. I just went back you can def see Scar's hand shaking.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
This kid is lucky he was messing with an adult of sound mind. This behavior would not have been tolerated back in the day when kids socialized without the aid of 4G. In the old timeline, people would get in fights over the smallest affrontation. Look at someone askance, "meet ye at the bungalows at 3pm." Nowadays a person can act like a complete tool, and ye must sit their like a sissy and take the dude's spittle or be called a "Grade A Bitch." The peanut gallery justifies this belligerent accosting as deserved comeuppance for a benign two word comment that I'm sure the offender didnt offer a second thought towards at time of posting.

I also find it comical how one can cast aspersions without expatiating on one's comments. "Scar is an asshole." What makes him an asshole pray tell? He didn't give you games at 2pm when ye wanted to grind? Even the biggest "arse" deserves to be treated with respect in a competitive environment. Pop off without encroaching. The encroachment is where lies the offense.

In closing, this whole exchange doesn't foster a welcoming atmosphere for aspiring players who have yet to attend events in the FGC. The average viewer at home isn't clued in to these two players twitter exchange. All one is witnessing is a boy acting out in an unreasonable fashion. Little Billy from Tacoma, the aspiring Kollector player, wonders if such a scenario would play out if he were to attend K.I.T. Little Billy inevitably ends up staying home.

And you would be banned from events and probably have charges filed against you. But we both know you aren’t dumb enough to do something like that.
Doubtful, such an occurrence happened a few EVOs back. The aggressor was simply banned for the remainder of the day in which the altercation occurred.

Last edited: