What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
What Buffalo did was good. Think about it, emotions are high, he just beat Scar after Scar was on twitter talking smack, and Buffalo popped off. Who cares. This is not the first time we have seen pop offs. Let the man get hype.
The problem with these crazy ass pop offs is that they show no sportsmanship. And if newer players start to act like this it's just not a good taste for the scene. Not just in MK11 but in any other FGC community they won't tolerate with it too.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It was a fun pop-off. Now a rivalry has started. Buffalo was hype and he showed it. Have you guys seen Madzin's pop offs? Kbrad? even Filipino Champ? or how about 16bit? when they pop off is/was hype, now Buffalo pops off and everyone is against him.
That’d definitely be in character for Filipino Champ but this was a bit more sinister than 16 Bit or Madzin’s popoffs. It didn’t look like a celebration, it looked personal. He wasn’t turning to the crowd or the room and he was all up in Scar’s eyebrows.

Imo the concept of this is hype but the execution left something to be desired. Just looked angry moreso than a triumphant pop-off.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It went on too long. I get that he’s hyped about beating scar and he should be. Yelling in somebody’s face like that will get you dropped tho.

It looked like he actually wanted to fight about it to me lol. You don’t talk shit like that for that long unless you want it to escalate. He was probably spitting on him and shit. I’d rather get hit than spit on.

Immortal

Blind justice....
It was a fun pop-off. Now a rivalry has started. Buffalo was hype and he showed it. Have you guys seen Madzin's pop offs? Kbrad? even Filipino Champ? or how about 16bit? when they pop off is/was hype, now Buffalo pops off and everyone is against him.
That was in no way a pop off like Madzins or even 16bit. Those made positivie pop offs, to the crowd, friends etc... Positivie hype. This was up close and personal and Buffalo pretty much yelled at Scar face. Sorry but that was just in bad taste. Hopefully Bufallo will eventually grow up. So yeah, respect to Scar for keeping cool head.

It was a deserved pop off. Scar knew it and you could see it in his face.
It went on a bit too long, but oh well. Live and learn.
Buffalo already addressed it on Twitter. Jump off the kid's nuts, I say.
I don’t really get this, Buffalo beat ninja killa and scar comments ft2 or ft2 bois something along those lines and buffalo felt some type of way right? A Pop off should never escalate to the point where if a fight ensues I’d find the person attacking justified. You don’t get in another mans face like that over a video game and definitely not for that long as you said.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I don’t really get this, Buffalo beat ninja killa and scar comments ft2 or ft2 bois something along those lines and buffalo felt some type of way right? A Pop off should never escalate to the point where if a fight ensues I’d find the person attacking justified. You don’t get in another mans face like that over a video game and definitely not for that long as you said.
It went much farther than that but people are underselling it. Totally deserved, people in this thread are saying scar was an adult for not getting physical (lets be real, 99% of people would not have, you're on stage) but how is he an adult for getting in a ridiculous spat on twitter and trying to discredit a 17 year kid?

I blame the TOs for letting it go as long as it did, Buffalo should have cut off way sooner, but Scar deserved the blowup for sure.

AbeW

Noob
If you don't know what happen..

I've seen people defend Buffalo and others defend Scar. It's a situation where both sides can be justified. I believe Buffalo should've pop off for 3 seconds, he took Scar's comments very personal so it's understandable but still not appropriate for a full 1 minute shouting where the entire world can see.
I mean the stinkin dude got really close to Mr Scar's face and possibly got spit on his face. Scar could have 'obtained' a clump of his hair in his hand and returned the favor (the gentlemanly thing to do in this case, possibly).

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Did he do anything wrong? No. Could he have handled that better? Yes.

Definitely wasn't the most elegant display of excitement. Because of how angry he seemed, Buffalo came off as an aggressor instead of one who defended himself, and Scar is getting props for acting mature in the situation. Nothing bad happened, but it was poorly handled by Buffalo.

1 - If you don't care about winning or what people think, there is no reason to get angry or get pissed like that

2 - If you care about winning, you have to control your emotions. If you want to win....I think there is no other pathway.

Either way he is wrong. BUT, guys....hiw old is he? He seems to be very young. Please don't judge....he has a lot to learn and he is young.