What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
It went much farther than that but people are underselling it. Totally deserved, people in this thread are saying scar was an adult for not getting physical (lets be real, 99% of people would not have, you're on stage) but how is he an adult for getting in a ridiculous spat on twitter and trying to discredit a 17 year kid?

I blame the TOs for letting it go as long as it did, Buffalo should have cut off way sooner, but Scar deserved the blowup for sure.
Well, maybe he did. I thought he handled it very well, BUT if what you say is true then there you go. Perhaps he totally deserved it.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
How is this at all different from Scar...? Just because he's in the guy's face talking shit instead of over twitter it's somehow worse? Come on man, if someone talks shit about you and you show them up like that then you're definitely entitled to talk how you like.

"Scar coulda hit him or something but he didn't what a pro" yeah I'm not giving a dude props because he didn't start a fight with a bigger guy because he was getting popped off at, deservedly too.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I see nothing wrong. Buffalo reacted the way he felt he had to. He let his emotions out, that is all. Scar also did great, kept calm and took it like a man because he deserved it. There was beef between them and Buffallo had every right to pop off however he felt he needed to. No one got hurt and all is good.

Last edited:
Ok so after looking at the tweets I can see how buffalo felt scar was discrediting him. It’s pretty hard to think he wasn’t with how scar replied with ft2 boys right after talking about their match. So now it’s rough for me, I believe buffalo took it too far but now idk I do see why buffalo went off like that and I think scar understands why he was so angry. I think everyone should read the tweets, then again buffalo did apologize......hmm ok they both on timeout. It’s the only way

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
What happened on stage today probably runs deeper than just Scar's tweet. I mean, look at the post on Dragon's twitter about Buffalo lol. Yeah it's mostly good natured ribbing, but it's obvious that the scene's narrative surrounding Sub's mechanics/players has been derogative for the better part of MK11's life span. You know, like TYM and Scorpion mains :cool:

So yeah, while it looked silly on my end, Buffalo felt it was justified, and that I can get behind.

Hitting the right buttons on a controller for a few rounds doesn't give you the right to be all up in somebody's face like that.

The entitlement alone to think you could do some shit like that without getting ya face bashed in is mind boggling.

This is why kids shouldn't be allowed to compete in the first place and "FT2 boyz" is not "SCAR WAS TALKIN MAD SHIT ABOUT BUFFALO"

Who raised you clowns?

Hitting the right buttons on a controller for a few rounds doesn't give you the right to be all up in somebody's face like that.

The entitlement alone to think you could do some shit like that without getting ya face bashed in is mind boggling.

This is why kids shouldn't be allowed to compete in the first place and "FT2 boyz" is not "SCAR WAS TALKIN MAD SHIT ABOUT BUFFALO"

Who raised you clowns?
ok so i agree he should not have been in his face and like you i thought all he said was ft2 boyz as well but if you click on the link there was more to that and buffalo was actually pretty nice in the tweets he just sounded upset that scar possibly saw the match that way. Again i dont think he should be in his face but i dont know, the way scar was defending himself in those tweets didnt sound too good. It honestly seemed like he was discrediting him, and this is coming from someone who is more of a fan of scar than buffalo.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
We're gonna get on Buffalo because "OMG HE WAS SO IN HIS FACE TOO FAR BRO TOOK IT TOO FAR"? Buffalo just isn't hiding behind a screen when he talks. Just because the shit you talk is on twitter doesn't mean that someone won't come back at you for it and it seems like people don't get that. Twitter talk is still talk with real people, Scar just ended up seeing the guy in person so he had to deal with it in person. Despite all the anger and being on stage with him? All Buffalo gave Scar was words, and that's no different from Twitter smack no matter how it might feel to you.

Y'all also act like Scar kept it mild because he's "truly professional" or because he's "being the bigger man," but honestly it seems to me like he's probably just smart enough not to get into it with a heated guy who's way bigger than he is. Kid or not, Buffalo's got Scar by 8 inches and 50 lb.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Pop offs for the most part are fine, they're hype, they're fun, etc

But this one was way too into the other player's personal space and lasted too long imo. It was a bit over the top tbh. Like you're really gonna shout in someone's face for that long over a twitter post, over a video game? lol K
Pretty much this. If a guy is talking shit to you and you beat him, you get your moment to gloat, you earned that. You invade someone else's space like that, get so close that the other person can smell your breath? That's no longer gloating, that's you looking like you're trying to make this about more than a game.

It's not worth it. With how quickly a sponsor can drop you, why would you wanna put that money, your livelihood, at risk? Also, you're basically painting a target on your back, since other pros will see that you're easily triggered like that and use that as a weapon to get into your head and make you doubt yourself.