What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

For reference, this was considered "hype" when this dude popped off like this after an SFV match. Commentators got behind it, the crowd got behind it, and it was way more involved than this shit.
Naw this is different to me. Cuz these guys have been going back and forth talking shit to each to each other’s faces calling each other stupid etc. it wasn’t just Twitter

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Naw this is different to me. Cuz these guys have been going back and forth talking shit to each to each other’s faces calling each other stupid etc. it wasn’t just Twitter
Doesn't really matter though. If this kind of pop off isn't okay at all, then it's not okay at all. If this kind of pop off is okay if there's a certain level of beef, then I don't wanna hear "this makes the scene look bad" or "NEVER get in someone's face like that" because then it becomes a personal judgment thing.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
If Scar talked shit then Buffalo earned a pop off, but that was much more than a pop off and some small trash talk. Dude looked like he was genuinely in a fit of rage or something. He over did it, a lot. Mad props to Scar for showing as much restraint as he did.

That Buffalo guy really made a fool of himself there. He beat NinjaKilla online, he 2-0d Scar, and did well against Foxy. He is a good player but acting the way he did could have really burnt some bridges IMO. No many people are going to want to play with a guy who acts that way and I know a lot of companies don't want to sponsor someone who acts that way either.

TLDR: Buffalo took it too far, made himself look like a clown.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
As someone who gets tilted easily by anons online I can UNDERSTAND why, but that doesn't mean I APPROVE. Its crap like this that makes it into FGC cringe compilations and it makes us look like fools. Players are toxic enough as it is, it doesn't need to be amplified in real life. Pros should be, you know, professional. It is pretty shitty on scars part to because from what I understand he's a grown ass man and Buff is a kid. Hopefully When Buff gets older he'll grow out of pop up behavior but Scar I don't see any maturing anytime soon.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
In no way was what he did “wrong”. The fact that this question is even being asked is silly. All he did was had a genuine flash of raw emotion. He was yelling “ft2 boyz” letting out his frustrations.

If you know the backstory, the popoff was absolutely deserved. Y’all are acting like he put hands on Scar or threw something or spit on him or some shit. This used to happen all the time back in the day when there were genuine rivalries and beef.

This was all about the game. Sorry but y’all are way too soft it this was “overboard” to you.

Yeah he definitely got a little too close to him in his face, but again, it’s not like he was throwing out personal attacks or anything.

Lighten up and quit being so sensitive people.

jcbowie

In no way was what he did “wrong”. The fact that this question is even being asked is silly. All he did was had a genuine flash of raw emotion. He was yelling “ft2 boyz” letting out his frustrations.

If you know the backstory, the popoff was absolutely deserved. Y’all are acting like he put hands on Scar or threw something or spit on him or some shit. This used to happen all the time back in the day when there were genuine rivalries and beef.

This was all about the game. Sorry but y’all are way too soft it this was “overboard” to you.

Yeah he definitely got a little too close to him in his face, but again, it’s not like he was throwing out personal attacks or anything.

Couldn't have said it better.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
There’s nothing wrong with popping off and I get there was a little beef there but that whole scene definitely got a yikes out of me lol. I’m kinda split on it, I can’t form a concrete opinion.

frowns in long hair
I'm in the same boat with you. The pop off was understandable and somewhat deserved but going for 40+ seconds is a yikes.

Nothing wrong with showing your emotions I (and a lot of others) think there should've been another way to reveal your feelings. Maybe like a tweet. Not only that but a pop off like this was to extreme. Many in this thread are trying to make connections with other pop offs but their all different. There are a multitude of cases where pop offs happen and sportsmanship was still there. This, no sign of sportsmanship. Of all the times Tweedy and SonicFox went at each other there was still sportsmanship at the end of the match.

And before this there was no rivalry between the two until now.

jcbowie

Nothing wrong with showing your emotions I (and a lot of others) think there should've been another way to reveal your feelings. Maybe like a tweet.
This is something I particularly take issue with, no offense to you personally. It seems silly to explain but people on the internet often have a tendency to forget that they're talking to people and not just twitter profiles. Scar tweeting "get the fuck off my thread buffalo accept it" and then Buffalo saying in person "fuck you FT2 boy" are honestly the same thing. Scar talked shit online and got beat in person, Buffalo can say whatever he likes. Nothing escalated beyond words, being mad because the words were "in his personal space" is crazy to me.

It's a game beef and it never got past a game beef.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
This is something I particularly take issue with, no offense to you personally. It seems silly to explain but people on the internet often have a tendency to forget that they're talking to people and not just twitter profiles. Scar tweeting "get the fuck off my thread buffalo accept it" and then Buffalo saying in person "fuck you FT2 boy" are honestly the same thing. Scar talked shit online and got beat in person, Buffalo can say whatever he likes. Nothing escalated beyond words, being mad because the words were "in his personal space" is crazy to me.

It's a game beef and it never got past a game beef.
True.
And I take no offense lol. I got your point. Can't disagree or dispute it.

Idk if it was “wrong”, but he looked stupid and should be embarrassed. I wouldn’t have hit him, but I would have at least pushed him out of the way when it went on for far too long.

jcbowie

True.
And I take no offense lol. I got your point. Can't disagree or dispute it.
Cheers man. I feel like there are a decent amount of people who can at least relate to this a bit? I dunno, I remember in highschool if someone talked shit about someone else on fb or twitter and the guys met later then sometimes hands got thrown. I'm not saying that's right, but "getting in someone's personal space" is such a mild deal that I can't even fathom getting mad about that kind of conflict.

Tbh I do similar things to friends of mine when I beat them in real life, and I've had the same done to me lol. It's not some magnificent testament to my personal character that I don't "swing on them" it's just something you accept when you talk shit. Scar told him to fuck off and got beat, if I lost my shit every time that happened to me then I'd get in way more fights than I do.

Thingy

Retired account
He should have popped of in a trolly way instead of an obviously triggered way. This just kind of looks childish.
Exactly. Buffalo looked like a spoiled kid yelling at his Mom for taking away his gaming console as discipline. Dude is a joke. All that trash talk only to get spanked by SylverRye later.

Scars comments about first to 2 was more frustration about the tournament standard for MK11 than trying to belittle Buffalo. First to 3 makes a huge difference. Regardless, getting in a mans face in that manner is not okay over Twitter beef as meaningless as they had.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ehh, I never support trash talk. If you're cool with the opponent and joking around all good. But I remember back during the 3D era, I Used to get into drama way back with a few people with the online gig. It's just not worth the effort. If someone is that triggered by you, obviously they feel insecure and know you're better than they are so they feel the need to prove something by getting all dramatic. I think if someone goes nuts like that or teabags or does anything unsportsman like conduct, I don't care if it's casually, ranked or at a tourney. You're just telling everyone how much of a crybaby you are and need to get a life. When I compete in general be it online or even a smaller tournament, I get mad at myself more than anyone but I see no reason lose your shit getting in someone's face.

I don't know what happened with these two, I don't even know who Buffalo is. Scar seems like a quiet guy but if the rumors are true and he ran that kids name down, then he had it coming lol. But honestly, I don't support this shit no matter who it comes from be it this guy, Sonic or whoever. Just win gracefully and lose gracefully. This isn't the fucking WWE and it's not that serious people. It's a game, not your life on the line. :rolleyes: If you talk shit, no matter who you are you're going to get this kind of kneejerk reaction if your ass gets beat. Some people I know are all talk on the internet then in person become a shy mouse also I've noticed lol. If the rumors are true about what caused this, both are at fault for different reasons. One for starting shit, the other for overreacting.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Way I see it Scar in a public forum went out of his way to diminish what Buffalo deemed was a significant accomplishment which he was proud of, which is an asshole thing to do.

So basically, fuck scar, Buffalo deserves the popoff.
The guy is clearly a bully. First Raptor and now this. Nothing's more professional than getting a cheap laugh on social media at the expense of others, fellow members of tight scene no less.

But let's all demonize the kid who earned a comeuppance against his bully.

The trash talk and yelling, and I didnt see anything wrong at all. But him being his personal space/ face like that was completely unnecessary. Doing something like that is usually the first sign of someone wanting to intimidate and physically harm you. Thats why you usually see people doing that before they start fighting. Props to Scar for tolerating that nonsense way longer than he should have.

Yoaks

A spaceman
It was an excessive popoff but he didnt get physical or break any rules. It probably wouldve been different too if Buffalo was a bit older.