What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
So you have to play this specific game to have an opinion on buffalo's pop off? Nah, I think you can just watch the replay, do 5 mins of research on the twitter beef, and you have as much of a right to an opinion as Scar and Buffalo themselves.
You joined in 2015?! What a casual noob! Associate with the other babies please, your opinion is worthless here. I refuse to associate with anyone who hasn't been a part of tym since 2012 or earlier. FT10? Can you even count that high?! /s

There ya go, dumbed it down for the audience at hand.
Yo, Matix, maybe the first part is fair, but as much as the ones involved? And you can say that I said that if you want, but what I intended was to mop them 10-0 and then talk shit constantly until they could see why Buffalo felt so validated and why its natural to feel the way he did. Maybe I shouldnt care about peoples replies like this, but its hard to understand how the same group of dumb posters disputing my every sentence are the ones Ive never gotten games with. I dont value anyone heres opinion if they arent good at the game, its what this forum is for.

Deathbloom, yo, not sure if youre attempting to mock me or others, but drop that PSN if you want to play.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Y'all should play, that's what this forum is for. Playing with each other ;)

But let the other stuff go, or talk about the event the thread was designed for instead of insulting each other. As I said before, a win is the biggest FU you can give someone you have beef with.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I get it bro, insult me personally. So, you dont wanna play then? lol. I think if you dont play this game seriously, you dont deserve an opinion on it or people who do. I wasnt trying to prove anything regarding the post, just that you and many others would be a better fit for gamefaqs.
Do you lack the self awareness to remember what you typed?

"Youre trash at worst and internet trolls at best."

I never wanted to play you, you sound miserable. There are plenty of great players out there just trying to have fun.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Lol at people getting heated in a thread about two people getting heated.

It’s not that serious guys :D Deep breath.

Imo there are two issues being confused here: 1) Whether people should pop off/Buffalo was justified in popping off at all (Spoiler: it’s fine, even in real sports) 2) Whether Buffalo’s specific rant was a little too much (I personally think it was, and it’d be likely to start a brawl ending in fines, ejections and suspensions in a real sport, too).

Either way it’s not the end of the world and nothing to ‘tough guy’ people on a forum over.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Right? Wasn't even that long ago when Kotaku was the "loltaku" "snowflake" meme of demonizing everything about the FGC in the most "well, I never!" ivory-tower way of writing articles, even worse when their content had some, can we say, "urban" negative connotations about the FGC. Now a Kotaku article is being used as "see guys? the FGC is TOXIC" proof. Mystifying.

Now, to be fair, Kotaku were very much justified in some key topics about community behavior in video games, but shit like this is why they became an FGC joke in the first place.

Yeah, it's very much like "regular sports". Talk shit, showboat, gloat; then get the retaliatory repercussions. Physical retaliations are definitely out-of-bounds (or not, see: HOCKEY), but a pop-off? After disrespect? Not new, not unexpected.

Another "real sports" example of that is when Richard Sherman had his post-Super Bowl win and was talking shit about known-shittalker Michael Crabtree, and everyone wanted to use dogwhistle words like "thug" when describing him and the long dreads. If you don't like pop-offs, fine, but personal shit like that is a whole 'nother level of fucked up, way beyond "it's not ok to pop-off ever in sports/eSports"
Yeah, although another big difference with actual sports require physical skill and athleticism lol besides mental focus. Vid games are just mental(unless it's DDR lol) Like if someone says "haha my Ermac or Scorpion sucks haha" for beating me once or 2-1 I'll just be like seriously? If I get owned like 12-1 perhaps different story lol, but I don't warrant that kind of reaction of taking things so seriously in such a close score be it tournament or ranked whatever. As oppose to like I mentioned earlier, having a 99 mph fastball at my chin or taking a dirty hit in Hockey or Football. Those to me at least warrant actually getting in someone's face. That being said, I don't see esports as real sports. Know what I mean? I'm not a fan of "popoffs"/showboating in sports either no matter the sport but it's just the way things are now days. Like if you compare sports MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL to 50 years ago you didn't see guys arm pump after goals or clap aggressively and point to the other dugout and to God after HR's or guys doing backflips after touchdowns while dancing etc. Guys simply had more respect back then, but I guess as time goes on, times change sometimes not always for the better or in this case the "classier." shrugs

I have noticed with Tetris players, they don't seem to get really pissy at each other. They just look like robots lol. :D

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Yo, Matix, maybe the first part is fair, but as much as the ones involved? And you can say that I said that if you want, but what I intended was to mop them 10-0 and then talk shit constantly until they could see why Buffalo felt so validated and why its natural to feel the way he did. Maybe I shouldnt care about peoples replies like this, but its hard to understand how the same group of dumb posters disputing my every sentence are the ones Ive never gotten games with. I dont value anyone heres opinion if they arent good at the game, its what this forum is for.

Deathbloom, yo, not sure if youre attempting to mock me or others, but drop that PSN if you want to play.
So if you play someone from here and they don't meet your standards of "being good at mk11" their opinion on something that has nothing to do with mk11 skill is invalid? Ok, makes sense...

Edit: look, for the record you dont seem like a toxic person in general and I am sure you are a cool person and if we play mk11 games sometime that is great but that should have zero bearing on the validity of my or anyones opinion on a non gameplay related topic. That's all I was getting at. I apologize if I was being rude in my tone and if so it is my bad.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
So if you play someone from here and they don't meet your standards of "being good at mk11" their opinion on something that has nothing to do with mk11 skill is invalid? Ok, makes sense...

Edit: look, for the record you dont seem like a toxic person in general and I am sure you are a cool person and if we play mk11 games sometime that is great but that should have zero bearing on the validity of my or anyones opinion on a non gameplay related topic. That's all I was getting at. I apologize if I was being rude in my tone and if so it is my bad.
bravo, dude !! I agree with !!

best feedback ever inside this thread !! ;)

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?

"Being good" doesnt deserve quotes. Its measurable. And it may be an odd outlook, but yeah, if youre on a COMPETITIVE forum for a game you cant play at a decent level and are never near any thread about improving or in our Koths, I think youre too sus to be heard. You didnt seem rude, I appreciate that, tho. Hope I havent offended you either.

Lmao wow what a douche. What’s gamefaqs?
Youre an idiot. I had legit anxiety about posting here back in the day. I thought I needed to do all this research and become half decent at the game before I would ever belong here.. Turns out you can be a totally aloof, non-contributing, assclown and be totally fine. Feed my ignore list your soul.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yall still keeping this going huh?:coffee:
I was about to say the same thing.

It never ceases to make me scratch my head how much the NRS community, or the FGC in general, will find a way to complain about literally everything.

“Man, the NRS community is way too soft and loving. I miss the rivalries and all the crap talk within the game. I miss the hype, genuine pop offs and all of the juicy stuff”

Someone does the very thing they want

“Wow dude, like seriously, uncalled for. Super unprofessional and immature. I wOuLd HaVe PuNcHeD hIm In dA fAce. Way out of line. We need to be more friendly and just hug it out”

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Anxiety definitely sucks, in tense matches I get anxious and pissed off at myself more than anything. Unless I'm facing Scorpion lol.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
"Being good" doesnt deserve quotes. Its measurable. And it may be an odd outlook, but yeah, if youre on a COMPETITIVE forum for a game you cant play at a decent level and are never near any thread about improving or in our Koths, I think youre too sus to be heard. You didnt seem rude, I appreciate that, tho. Hope I havent offended you either.

Youre an idiot. I had legit anxiety about posting here back in the day. I thought I needed to do all this research and become half decent at the game before I would ever belong here.. Turns out you can be a totally aloof, non-contributing, assclown and be totally fine. Feed my ignore list your soul.

I agree with most of what you say in this thread - apart from when you quoted that long ass post arguing with me and left it at that, like you were siding with him.

But do you not see the hypocrisy in saying that you had anxiety to post on here back in the day due to thinking you had to be half decent at the game, and then you also saying that people shouldn’t have a say in threads unless they can play at a decent level and get involved in the KOTH’s?

Wut.

I didn't even notice this was a thread till now lol. All I can say while I was watching I was saying to myself "slug him scar hes gunna slug him" but whatever it's a good thing he didn't. No need to get in the man's face though regardless what he said over the internet a nice tea bag would of sufficed. I would had been salty over the teabag let alone someone acting a fool in my dome lol

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
I honestly loved to see the pop off imo, it just went on too long imo. Buffalo really showed a lot of passion which I love. He's only 16 years old also, he has a lot of time to grow

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I agree with most of what you say in this thread - apart from when you quoted that long ass post arguing with me and left it at that, like you were siding with him.

But do you not see the hypocrisy in saying that you had anxiety to post on here back in the day due to thinking you had to be half decent at the game, and then you also saying that people shouldn’t have a say in threads unless they can play at a decent level and get involved in the KOTH’s?

Wut.
There is nothing hypocritical about it. I think I was correct to have that anxiety. Also, I added to the quote. Theres a paragraph at the bottom.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"Being good" doesnt deserve quotes. Its measurable. And it may be an odd outlook, but yeah, if youre on a COMPETITIVE forum for a game you cant play at a decent level and are never near any thread about improving or in our Koths, I think youre too sus to be heard.
Whoa.

This is an enthusiast forum. We happen to skew competitive, but you do not get to gatekeep who is and isn’t allowed to speak here.

There are some people here who actively compete, some who competed in the past and don’t anymore, some who just support the scene, and some who are just big fans of Mortal Kombat and the lore. There are some people here who mainly play Injustice instead of MK. Or vice versa.

This attitude is ridiculous. It’s not up to you to decide who’s ‘sus’ or tell people who can and cannot voice their opinion on a pop-off based on one game. You wouldn’t tell a sports fan that they’re not allowed to have an opinion on their favorite team. We’re all in this together.

I also hate to break it to you, but who you’ve personally played in a KotH isn’t the standard of who competes or not. There are plenty of competitive players who don’t have accounts here, others who do but just go to events and don’t do much online, or they play sets with whoever they choose and can’t be bothered to wait through someone’s holier-than-thou KotH sets in order to prove something they don’t need to prove anyway.

You aren’t Sonic Fox, and whether or not you can win a FT10 isn’t the standard of whether someone is allowed to compete or not. Plenty of people show up to tournaments and go 0-2, and their experience isn’t any less valid than the guy who wins the whole thing. Period.

I understand that it can be frustrating when someone doesn’t see or agree with your point of view, but lets try to keep these kinds off toxic attitudes off the forums — because that’s not at all what TYM is about.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Where I come from, I would asked him to take it outside, and that is the way I would continue, or I should say, finish this "conversation".

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Whoa.

This is an enthusiast forum. We happen to skew competitive, but you do not get to gatekeep who is and isn’t allowed to speak here.

There are some people here who actively compete, some who competed in the past and don’t anymore, some who just support the scene, and some who are just big fans of Mortal Kombat and the lore. There are some people here who mainly play Injustice instead of MK. Or vice versa.

This attitude is ridiculous. It’s not up to you to decide who’s ‘sus’ or tell people who can and cannot voice their opinion on a pop-off based on one game. You wouldn’t tell a sports fan that they’re not allowed to have an opinion on their favorite team. We’re all in this together.

I also hate to break it to you, but who you’ve personally played in a KotH isn’t the standard of who competes or not. There are plenty of competitive players who don’t have accounts here, others who do but just go to events and don’t do much online, or they play sets with whoever they choose and can’t be bothered to wait through someone’s holier-than-thou KotH sets in order to prove something they don’t need to prove anyway.

You aren’t Sonic Fox, and whether or not you can win a FT10 isn’t the standard of whether someone is allowed to compete or not. Plenty of people show up to tournaments and go 0-2, and their experience isn’t any less valid than the guy who wins the whole thing. Period.

I understand that it can be frustrating when someone doesn’t see or agree with your point of view, but lets try to keep these kinds off toxic attitudes off the forums — because that’s not at all what TYM is about.
well nailed , man .... ! ;)

Btw , happy 4th July to all americans !! God bless USA !

:)