What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If you cross them up with a 1....what combo do you think is best at that point? I've just been doing crossup 1, 3,3, Cat Dash, b3, j2, 33, cat whip.

Crossup jump 1, b+1,2,d+3~cat claws, b+3, jump 3, 1,1,2~ender of choice.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Has anyone tried doing f3 after b3. If timed correctly, she does the upward hit without the additional bounce animation. Opponent is suspended a bit higher in the air to possibly do more damage.

Also, can substitute the 3, 3, df2 combo ender with 3, 3, cat stance, 3.

Yeah, this is a neat trick to get good damage on a combo were gravity is kicking in early.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For the 1,1,2 ender you can wait for the last hit(like how the 2 part is 2 hits) before canceling into straight whip or MB Cat Dash. Practice and you'll get it down. I delay for a while, let the full 1,1,2 play out then do the special. You have more time than you think.

Crossup jump 1, b+1,2,d+3~cat claws, b+3, jump 3, 1,1,2~ender of choice.
I found after this combo that if you end it with the trait combo you can do a b+1 after the meter burn catdash into the trait. I dont know if this scales it bad or something but it works.

So it would be Crossup jump 1, b+1,2,d+3~cat claws, b+3, jump 3, 1,1,2 MB cat dash, b+1, trait

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can get it if you practice. Trust me. I don't have the best execution in the world but everything I post is a reliable bnb with prsctice.

I was messing around in training mode last night after picking up the game and I came up with b12D3 BF2, B3, J2, 112, cat stance pounce. That's my 38% meterless bnb as of now.

I was experimenting with doing cat claws instead of the dash and seeing if B3 could land after that, and came to the conclusion after about 15 minutes of trying that it cannot. Now I see here that's what people are using for their BnB. Guess I gotta get that timing down. What is the damage percentage of the following combo (also, can you use cat stance ~pounce as an ender?)

ji2, B12D3, BF1, B3, J3, 112, whip.

You can get it if you practice. Trust me. I don't have the best execution in the world but everything I post is a reliable bnb with prsctice.
I've gotten it a few times, but I figured out that my main problem is getting the MB cat dash. For some reason I just am having trouble with the MB in this game. I am so use to MK where you hit the meter and the attack at the same time. That little delay is messing me up. I guess I just need to practice it to get over it.

Also Bit...is there a reason you don't like doing a j1 or j2 after the b3? I noticed in the strategy guide all the combos listed only show j1 or j2 after the b3.......what is so good/special about j3? I noticed that with j1 or j2 you get a lot more time than you do with j3. Maybe j3 is the only one that allows you to land 1,1,2 afterwards?

Thanks for the help.

hi ive been using the prima guide and its been helping me learn alot.in the guide it talks of her 50/50 i know the moves involved but dont know how to really do it being im not really knowledgable yet in fighting games in general. also my gamertags onionsunleashed feel free too add me and hit me with advance catwoman stuff all day lol thanks

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I've gotten it a few times, but I figured out that my main problem is getting the MB cat dash. For some reason I just am having trouble with the MB in this game. I am so use to MK where you hit the meter and the attack at the same time. That little delay is messing me up. I guess I just need to practice it to get over it.

Also Bit...is there a reason you don't like doing a j1 or j2 after the b3? I noticed in the strategy guide all the combos listed only show j1 or j2 after the b3.......what is so good/special about j3? I noticed that with j1 or j2 you get a lot more time than you do with j3. Maybe j3 is the only one that allows you to land 1,1,2 afterwards?

Thanks for the help.

You can mb the Cat Dash very late, it's not like MK. You can do the first Cat Dash and wait till she's nearly done before MBing it. The way MB Cat Dash works is its supposed to be basically two cat dashes. Try it from full screen.

Jump 3 just does more damage. I did jump 2 for a while until I got the timing down.

GGA 16 Bit

Is evade worth using like, ever? Seriously.. with the length of the duration compared to the lack of recovery time and speed of projectiles, I'm not seeing any reason to ever use it to avoid ranged attacks. I mean, it's not like you can gain any ground by using it this way, and against some zoners, evading one projectile can actually jail you into blocking the next one.

Is it supposed to work like a parry for regular attacks up close? Was playing yesterday and used evade to make one of superman's attacks wiff.. But again, it's not like you can recover and wiff punish an attack fast enough anyway.. the duration is too long, and if that normal attack you evaded is followed by another attack in the string, you just ate a combo fr trying to avoid a single attack of chip...

So, yeah.. Am I missing something here or is Evade seriously like the most worthless tool in the game?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There's moves that are long enough that when you evade you get a free combo. Try evading Bane's running barge lol

It feels like she can't do shit against zoning.
I've actually found that just walking forward and ducking works fine because most projectiles don't push you back on block and alot of them just go over your head if you duck. You can try to throw out the occasional forward jump to close the gap, but that's kinda risky. B3 actually works kinda good too to close alot of distance fast if the zoner is throwing air projectiles at you.

If I keep finding out that injustice already has built in tools for everything I'm bitching about, it is going to seriously limit my opportunity to complain on the internet. Next up, I think the clash system is F'ing stupid. :)