What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

SLy

Noob
Catwomans rushdown is starting to grow on me.. Im starting to like it more and more. I think she will be one of the few overlooked characters when this game drops.

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
Does catwoman have a projectile?
If not 8-2 Luthor's favour... Fucking calling it

Reactions: SLy
Catwomans rushdown is starting to grow on me.. Im starting to like it more and more. I think she will be one of the few overlooked characters when this game drops.
I agree, she has alot of great potential but from the looks of it, shes not going to be to popular.

Reactions: SLy
If you're interested in Shazam, then you are officially my long lost brother from another mother. ;_;
Woah woah woah....woah...

1. Nightwing/catwoman
3. Deathstroke
Completely dead last. Shazam

Lol I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate how he looks, not just in the game but comics to.

Not sure if it's unblockable but it unleashes a beefy attack.
I read that the combo is unblockable and it seemed to break Green Arrows guard in that video but only the grab at the end...good for like resets maybe? Even if it isnt unblockable its still a guarnteed combo, which is good for the end of juggles.

As far as getting and saving the scratch....points...claw...things.. i think it depends on the move you use....like watching the video she got points from launchers and specials but im not sure because she also got one from a standard jump in kick...who knows lol

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm guessing that the fast dash attack she has will help her get out of the corner (similarly to how Kabal's dash allows the same).

Updated info !

Catwoman is getting no love...ill do a video break down.

0:36 - I believe that is her "Cat Dash" special move (but im not sure so forgive me if I am wrong)...a stun that opens them up for combos. She than does a double hit bouncing move and than a barrage of scratches which may be her "Cat Claws" special move.
0:41 - She uses her whip as a tripping move but it is evaded.
0:48 - CW does her standard whip move but misses.
0:49 - Uses her "High Feline Evade" (SEXY, and gives her one scratch point to her character trait if she dodges) and than seems to go into her "Cat Stance" and than does a grab from it.
1:08 - Her "Cat Dash" is blocked and punished
1:10 - CW back dashes and dodges the projectile (Sexy)
1:16 - Seems like a standard grab
1:19 - Ok I'm not sure if she is in her stance or she is charging up but most likely the latter..

1:42 - CW does a jump in whip than combos into "Cat Dash". She does a heavy kick that bounces Raven, and than CW hits her out the air into a 3 hit than into an EX Cat Dash. I cant really tell but than it sounds like CW says "I love your shoes". She than finishes the combo with her Character Trait combo (A preset combo that is all guaranteed)
2:15 - A successful "Low Feline Escape" followed by a kick, than a trip, than what seems to be her "Up Whip". She than does that double hit bounce again into her special. Nice ;)
2:31 - Ex Cat Dash again followed by the floor bounce move and a few hits.
2:38 - She seems to do a pounce like move out of her "Cat Stance" but she whiffs and pays for it.

Overall Catwoman looks not only fast but EVASIVE. She has 2 special evades, a stance for evading. Plus it looks like her charging move has her ducking during the charging period. Plus her Evading back dash and she even ducks a little during her foward dash being able to evade Harley Quinns gun shots with it. I also like her Character trait combo.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Judging from the stream, Catwoman's trait seems to be tied to how many projectiles and attacks she can dodge.

Saw something that looked kinda liek a U4, another something that looked liek a neck bite... and some extra something that looked like fast dashes and some stance changing.

Mileena withfast normals, differnt stances, and better dashing. Even if I'm way off, she's still going to be the first character I try.

Her 'up-4' is an overhead that links into Super.
Her dash is basically Reptile's but you get a free combo out of it.

Character felt very high-risk, high reward to me and also very easy to pick up.

Backfire

Noob
I have two BnBs from my time with catwoman if anyone is interested.

Meterless BnB (41%):

JI1, 3,3 ~ bf2, b3, JI3, 3, df1

Meterless with 5 scratches (47%):

JI1, 3,3 ~ bf2, b3, JI3, 3, 4

Edited JI2 3,3 doesnt work well against some characters. it knocks the too far away but JU1 3,3 is fine.

I have two BnBs from my time with catwoman if anyone is interested.

Meterless BnB (41%):

JI2, 3,3 ~ bf2, b3, JI3, 3, bf1

Meterless with 5 scratches (49%):

JI2, 3,3 ~ bf2, b3, JI3, 3, 4
WHOA! obviously those scratches make a difference...sheesh :confused: