What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

CitizenCIA

Awwwh damn.
I was hoping a full trait would add more than 6% to the end of the combo. Maybe it'd be better used to add damage at a spot where you can't add too much damage, like off an overhead or something? I dunno, testing must be done! 6 days!

Deadite

Noob
Can I post a Youtube video I found that I scooped up to my playlist? It shows the cat stance and the cat-dodges she has. I thought this was useful because you can see these movements explained separately in this video. The demonstration begins at 1:00. The video is 1:37 in length.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Can I post a Youtube video I found that I scooped up to my playlist? It shows the cat stance and the cat-dodges she has. I thought this was useful because you can see these movements explained separately in this video. The demonstration begins at 1:00. The video is 1:37 in length.
Go for it

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Catwoman bnb.

The basic formula I use is whatever opener into Cat Claws, b+3, jump 3, 1,1,2~ender. Ender being either straight whip if I want meterless or MB Cat Dash into f+3 if I want to use a bar of meter to keep momentum(very important, I do this often). The f+3 after Cat Dash is a hard knockdown and allows her to dash up and do another f+3 or b+1 as a 50/50. Timed properly they can blow up most wakeups or you could do MB f+3 and it serves as both an overhead and armor to easily blow up wakeups. If you think they're going to backdash then b+3.

This works off almost anything. b+1,2,d+3~cat claws. Jump 2~cat claws. 1,1,2~cat claws. d+1~cat claws. f+1,1,2~cat claws. Naked b+3, naked Cat Dash. You only can't do that if you use MB Cat Dash early, like off a naked MB Cat Dash(trying to blow up zoning with it's armor), off an air to air trade where you MB Cat Dash to start or if you're doing b+2, mb cat dash.

Off f+3 I do f+3, jump 2, 1,1,2~ender. 30% no meter or go into the MB cat dash ender.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can I assume her Trait is no longer unblockable? And I had a theory that she gains scratches for landing a counter attack not just from combos and evades....true?

Her trait was never unblockable. However, after the 3rd hit it's unclashable.

This is how her scratches work. If she evades an attack she gets one scratch. Then she has a chance for a scratch with any hit she connects with. If she's doing a combo the longer the combo the greater the chance she has to earn one. 5 is the max.

You can do the trait with any number of scratches, as long as you have at least 1. The final scratch combo has 5 hits. So each scratch adds a hit.

Her trait was never unblockable. However, after the 3rd hit it's unclashable.

This is how her scratches work. If she evades an attack she gets one scratch. Then she has a chance for a scratch with any hit she connects with. If she's doing a combo the longer the combo the greater the chance she has to earn one. 5 is the max.

You can do the trait with any number of scratches, as long as you have at least 1. The final scratch combo has 5 hits. So each scratch adds a hit.
At one point way back when Hector said it was unblockable but i figured as much anyway. But i see, and hit having a chance at a scratch is good. I already knew the rest

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I can answer any questions about Catwoman.
How does she seem to fair against zoners? And from midscreen, is she a character you can poke and irritate with, or should my sole MO be getting onto them for some pressure?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How does she seem to fair against zoners? And from midscreen, is she a character you can poke and irritate with, or should my sole MO be getting onto them for some pressure?

She gets zoned but her tools to get in are good. Jump 2, MB Cat Dash(armor), evade.

She has some decent sweep distance tools. Her f+3 and b+3 are combo starting normals with good range. If the opponent doesn't have good AA her jump 2 is a huge problem.

But I think she'll be best up close, she has a good 50/50 and will win by keeping momentum.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
that sounds pretty big to me..
1. block string into trait
If they respect trait.. Block string into throw.

Block string into trait should build a lot of meter if they block trait as well. Then you can follow up with an armored cat move.. sounds dirty.

SLy

Noob
All I need to say is Once she knocks you down. It is hard to cope with the 50/50's she has in store next. She will put a lot of characters under stress.. I Love it

Catwoman bnb.

The basic formula I use is whatever opener into Cat Claws, b+3, jump 3, 1,1,2~ender. Ender being either straight whip if I want meterless or MB Cat Dash into f+3 if I want to use a bar of meter to keep momentum(very important, I do this often).

Off f+3 I do f+3, jump 2, 1,1,2~ender. 30% no meter or go into the MB cat dash ender.
I would love to see the first combo. I can't get it at all. After the 112 the MB Cat Dash doesn't allow you to go into a f+3.

Also, the second combo here either doesn't work or I am not reading it right.

After the F3, if you jump forward and 2 it doesn't land. If you jump straight up and 2 it land, but then you cannot connect the 112.

Has anyone tried doing f3 after b3. If timed correctly, she does the upward hit without the additional bounce animation. Opponent is suspended a bit higher in the air to possibly do more damage.

Also, can substitute the 3, 3, df2 combo ender with 3, 3, cat stance, 3.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I would love to see the first combo. I can't get it at all. After the 112 the MB Cat Dash doesn't allow you to go into a f+3.

Also, the second combo here either doesn't work or I am not reading it right.

After the F3, if you jump forward and 2 it doesn't land. If you jump straight up and 2 it land, but then you cannot connect the 112.

Both still work.

For the first why doesn't the f+3 land? It should be fine. You're allowed one regular Cat Dash and one MB Cat Dash crumple per combo.

For f+3, jump 2 it's a jump forward. Slight delay.