What's new

General/Other - Piercing Piercing Variation General Discussion

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I'm most likely not going to use this in the long run. The main purpose was to record this via the ps4 and then clip it to make a video out of it, which I did, but the quality from the ps4 isn't to my liking. I had it on Unlisted, but changing it to public if you guys want to see new combos. It's essentially the same ones I put up a day ago, just all together this time. I'll record these again using Elgato and should have a new combo video up by the end of the weekend. Damage is shown on the other clips on my channel. As for inputs, feel free to just ask for it. The new combo video will have it in though:

I'm most likely not going to use this in the long run. The main purpose was to record this via the ps4 and then clip it to make a video out of it, which I did, but the quality from the ps4 isn't to my liking. I had it on Unlisted, but changing it to public if you guys want to see new combos. It's essentially the same ones I put up a day ago, just all together this time. I'll record these again using Elgato and should have a new combo video up by the end of the weekend. Damage is shown on the other clips on my channel. As for inputs, feel free to just ask for it. The new combo video will have it in though:
Any tips for an old butterfingers on how to land the jk into tp (mainly the jk tho) after what looks like a d1 in the first combo?

leoj89

Noob
Any tips for an old butterfingers on how to land the jk into tp (mainly the jk tho) after what looks like a d1 in the first combo?
yeah I've been having trouble with this as well. Well I can jk into tp but I seem to be super far away from my opponent when landing. Should I be hitting jf4 instead of using jf3 ? Is there a difference.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
yeah I've been having trouble with this as well. Well I can jk into tp but I seem to be super far away from my opponent when landing. Should I be hitting jf4 instead of using jf3 ? Is there a difference.
Yes, there is a difference. For some combos, it doesn't matter which one you use, but for the first one, it is ji4. For the EXROLL corner combos, I use ji3 as well for the new midscreen ones.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
For thé first combo it's ji4. As for tips, try "feeling" the kick's impact. You have to input it all as a whole, but when you understand when the right time to input it all is there, it should become more consistent. That, and just practice doing instant jump in kicks for those combo in particular. Doesn't matter if they're juggled or not, you just want to be able to have her leave the ground and have a kick come out as early as possible (should be like right as she starts reaching the arch of the jump) consistently. If it's too difficult (because it does take some getting used to), you can just do:

String~roll, jump out into a ji3~telekick, delayed air sai, b1, d1, b12~roll, roll. It does 1% less than the other one

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Not sure if this is widely known but b12 is not +17 on hit. It's more, at least +20, since Telekick jails after it. Doesn't matter if youre ducking, midscreen or in the corner.
Yeah I figured it was something like that as if timed right B2 jails after B12 on hit.

For thé first combo it's ji4. As for tips, try "feeling" the kick's impact. You have to input it all as a whole, but when you understand when the right time to input it all is there, it should become more consistent. That, and just practice doing instant jump in kicks for those combo in particular. Doesn't matter if they're juggled or not, you just want to be able to have her leave the ground and have a kick come out as early as possible (should be like right as she starts reaching the arch of the jump) consistently. If it's too difficult (because it does take some getting used to), you can just do:

String~roll, jump out into a ji3~telekick, delayed air sai, b1, d1, b12~roll, roll. It does 1% less than the other one
Hmm, thanks for the advice. It feels nearly impossible atm. I'm also having the same problem as leo in that w/ the mid screen one they're way too far back to be hit by the b12 combo on landing. Also, you said you use j3 for the midscreens but in the clip her leg is horizontal and looks like a j4 to me. I just wanted to confirm this so I'm chasing rainbows w/ the wrong jk. And are you using a fightstick or "plinking" the the 3 or 4 on the jk? I dont' even know if plinking is a thing in this game but i've noticed w/ kano if i plink his njp it seems to come out early.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Hmm, thanks for the advice. It feels nearly impossible atm. I'm also having the same problem as leo in that w/ the mid screen one they're way too far back to be hit by the b12 combo on landing. Also, you said you use j3 for the midscreens but in the clip her leg is horizontal and looks like a j4 to me. I just wanted to confirm this so I'm chasing rainbows w/ the wrong jk. And are you using a fightstick or "plinking" the the 3 or 4 on the jk? I dont' even know if plinking is a thing in this game but i've noticed w/ kano if i plink his njp it seems to come out early.
Don't really.know if plinking is a thing on pad, but I just use the ps4 control. For the midscreen combos ending in the restand, it most likely was ji4, but for the new ones, like the run cancel into 2 before jik, or b1 into jik, I used ji3. Ji4 also works and I MAY have used that for one of them, but I honestly don't remember. I just know that ji3 makes it easier to connect the b12.

Don't really.know if plinking is a thing on pad, but I just use the ps4 control. For the midscreen combos ending in the restand, it most likely was ji4, but for the new ones, like the run cancel into 2 before jik, or b1 into jik, I used ji3. Ji4 also works and I MAY have used that for one of them, but I honestly don't remember. I just know that ji3 makes it easier to connect the b12.
Alright, practice makes perfect I guess. Thanks again for your help x

Mileena barely gets a mention all year. Then, she gets buffed...

http://testyourmight.com/threads/tier-whoring.30596/

Props to those that played her pre-patch.
Oh, was that tier whore list directed towards me cuz I asked about the combo? If so, not that anyone has to justify which character they use and why but I could care less about tier-placement. I've only been playing this game for about 2 months and from what little I've heard about tiers those at the top are some of the dullest characters IMO. If it wasn't directed towards me, nevermind.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Oh, was that tier whore list directed towards me cuz I asked about the combo? If so, not that anyone has to justify which character they use and why but I could care less about tier-placement. I've only been playing this game for about 2 months and from what little I've heard about tiers those at the top are some of the dullest characters IMO. If it wasn't directed towards me, nevermind.
It wasn't.

Its just something I noticed. Too many casual players jump on them "top tiers", especially when the other "top tiers" get nerfed.

Except for tournament viable players, everyone should play who they like - IMO.

Props to those who stick with Triborg, Quan Chi, and Tremor. Those who jumped to Mileena after this last patch are tier whores.

If you're not tournament viable as a player, then what is the point of tier whoring? Top tiers are that for their ceiling. Casuals will never see it.

Go with who brings you joy unless you're chasing the big money.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So at my local I heard two things about Piercing Mileena which I doubt but I wanted to get others take on it:

1. B12 is hit confirmable
2. Piercing has no bad MUs

I doubt either of them are true but I'd like other opinions.

leoj89

Noob
So at my local I heard two things about Piercing Mileena which I doubt but I wanted to get others take on it:

The top Mileena players have been saying that for a while now but it's bs imo. Shinnok, Takeda, and Scorpion are hard as hell to deal with personally.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

1. B12 is hit confirmable

I doubt either of them are true but I'd like other opinions.
B12 CAN be hit confirmed every time but it takes A LOT of practice and good reactions. Like maybe if you spent half an hour in training mode every day just on practicing a B12 confirm you will get evenetually.

As for no bad MUs, I doubt that but some MUs have yet to be fleshed out again with the new changes. Too early for that kind of statement.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Having a really hard time hit confirming B12 into roll... any suggestions?
go into the training mode and set the AI's block pattern to random kombo. u can practice hit confirms with any string. but as for b12, it's a very quick string so hit confirming is gonna take alot of practice and good reactions.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Having a really hard time hit confirming B12 into roll... any suggestions?
What Damaja said, but it can only really be done if the entire B12 hits. If they get hit by the 2 only, the roll will only come out if you preemptively assumed it was gonna hit. On the plus side, you'll be +24 after so you're free to do run and and pressure.

Input B12 quickly and leave your fingers free to input the roll once you see it hit. Idk if that helps, but it's the best way to describe it

Raddest

Noob
What Damaja said, but it can only really be done if the entire B12 hits. If they get hit by the 2 only, the roll will only come out if you preemptively assumed it was gonna hit. On the plus side, you'll be +24 after so you're free to do run and and pressure.

Input B12 quickly and leave your fingers free to input the roll once you see it hit. Idk if that helps, but it's the best way to describe it
That's exactly what I've adjusted and it helps seeing the block and reacting to that, but on hit, wow, you gotta be REALLY quick.

Also thanks Damaja325, that's what I've been doing :)

Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong with this combo that results in the opponent being too far away to land the b12 after the air sai? Does the jk have to be one of them fancy instant jks in akros' video? Or maybe theres a trick to the timing of the air sai I'm missing? I've tried it about 50 x w/ no sukkcess

F2, 3 xxroll, jk xxtp, iaas, b12, 1+3

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Every time I play Mileena players online the strangest thing happens once you know how to block and punish her BNB moves like her
2,1,Roll, her Back,1,2,Roll and her teledrop late air sai lol. Once you block those three moves by just blocking high-low-high and uppercutting her late air sais when she teledrops, most Mileena players then become defensive players who low block at full screen the rest of the match and try to low-sai you to death. I love blowing them up and making them run to selecting "Next Opponent" after beating them 3-5 times in a row. lol

TheGabStandard

Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong with this combo that results in the opponent being too far away to land the b12 after the air sai? Does the jk have to be one of them fancy instant jks in akros' video? Or maybe theres a trick to the timing of the air sai I'm missing? I've tried it about 50 x w/ no sukkcess

F2, 3 xxroll, jk xxtp, iaas, b12, 1+3
Need to do a small run cancel after iaas to make B121+3 connect

Raddest

Noob
Thanks, I'll give 'er a go when I get home. does anyone know if that's the optimal combo mid screen and meterless btw?
I found delaying the jump in kick half a second helps, also connecting the air sai INSTANTLY after the telekick helps not push the opponent away too far. The longer you wait to connect the jump kick after the roll, the easier/closer the opponent will be. Always connect an instant air sai after telekick though, that helps too. From there you should be able to tell if you have to run cancel a tiny bit to make it or not. That's what worked for me. Hope it helps.