What's new

Personal opinion MU chart for Arrow

Phased

Noob
low arrow buff did nothing in this match up, u must play zods that dont know how to instant air zod charge if u think u have options in his match
what's instant air charge have to do with anything. I've played really good zods, they all instant air zod charge. don't have any trouble with it or the matchup

and low arrow buff changed the entire match up. yeah, it was bad before because zod could completely zone you out. he can't anymore

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yah on a guess" predict " it wins out, when arrow jump 3s basically a seond after her, but on reaction, it loses so u can abuse it

If she is doing it early then you can AA her. It works both ways.

Jump forward 3 is good for beating her jump back 2 setups as well.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
If stages weren't a factor it would be pretty much a 4-6 match up. Arrow does have a lot of tools against Zod. You can jump against him to close the distance. When he shoots a slow ball just put a normal arrow on screen and jump over the ball. Once in that distance he has to respect your options. This is where you can open him up and push him to the corner. Arrow has a great corner game with f2d13 arrow because the spacing is perfect to set up whiff punishes. If you read he's going to do his air dash move you can sky alert him back into the corner. When you have a nice life lead and he gets away start using fire arrows. Trait is no threat at far range imo unless he can throw objects at you so it's ok to keep him out. All his bullshit laser mix ups with trait can be blocked on reaction.
how are u gonna jump on Zod, insant air charge eats it up on reaction, easily, and heaven forbid he have a life lead on u, good luck getting back ahead,

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The only range GA can't contest jump 2 is max range, where he should just hold that and play it safe and block because she won't get good pressure anyway.

Reactions: 7L

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The only range GA can't contest jump 2 is max range, where he should just hold that and play it safe and block because she won't get good pressure anyway.
Which gets into fun meta of freezing him up on the ground because of her great options, mt jumps from cat woman man, it is a fun match up to play,

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
how are u gonna jump on Zod, insant air charge eats it up on reaction, easily, and heaven forbid he have a life lead on u, good luck getting back ahead,
He can't instant air charge while recovering from being hit by an arrow. I would never just raw jump against him unless he's shooting a force ball from within my jump range or is recovering from hit stun because I hit him with an arrow. Arrows normal arrows are huge in this match and should be thrown out any time you see a slow force ball on screen.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
If stages weren't a factor it would be pretty much a 4-6 match up. Arrow does have a lot of tools against Zod. You can jump against him to close the distance. When he shoots a slow ball just put a normal arrow on screen and jump over the ball. Once in that distance he has to respect your options. This is where you can open him up and push him to the corner. Arrow has a great corner game with f2d13 arrow because the spacing is perfect to set up whiff punishes. If you read he's going to do his air dash move you can sky alert him back into the corner. When you have a nice life lead and he gets away start using fire arrows. Trait is no threat at far range imo unless he can throw objects at you so it's ok to keep him out. All his bullshit laser mix ups with trait can be blocked on reaction.

Just to add, sky alert is risky business on read but it works. If you wan't a safer option I would just say back dash or savage blast if you think he will use it to escape the corner. Shoot an arrow as he lands so he can't back dash and continue your pressure.
it depends on the slow ball, if its IAir he can jump and IA a MB fast or medium one or just wait to see what option u think u have and stuff it with all his other tools, sure u can duck the IA one or fire a low arrow on a guess but he' s already on u by then.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
it depends on the slow ball, if its IAir he can jump and IA a MB fast or medium one or just wait to see what option u think u have and stuff it with all his other tools, sure u can duck the IA one or fire a low arrow on a guess but he' s already on u by then.
Maybe I need to play the match more then, I haven't touched the game in a good 2 months. I will say that I'm always firing arrows on the screen against zod so it's not easy for him to just do whatever he wants, even from long range. If a normal arrow hits him during his IAFB he gets knocked down and you get at least a dash in which is a lot of distance.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Either way, I digress, its not my place to say anything anyways,

u r all right, i forgot why i dont post about match ups,

I respect the shit outta u Scoot u know that, i just think its worse the 4-6,

Have fun with the thread, at least no one is trying to argue Bane, we have come that far at least.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Maybe I need to play the match more then, I haven't touched the game in a good 2 months. I will say that I'm always firing arrows on the screen against zod so it's not easy for him to just do whatever he wants, even from long range. If a normal arrow hits him during his IAFB he gets knocked down and you get at least a dash in which is a lot of distance.
this is my strat as well, the unfortunate part of it is the damage out come,

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The techroll back dash negates the dash in,

LEGEND

YES!
or forward dash on reaction to catwoman's jump. But then that could open him up to a J3 or something

either way i don't see CW's Jump ins as the main threat of the MU.

Didn't see it listed as CW's favor until now, i heavily disagree with that

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
free arrow load, but then I have to block more pressure,
Did you want more than an arrow load and a bar of meter from your opponent for doing something as menial as back dashing a react able block string?

With this you're winning the meter war, you're loading an arrow and you're escaping any meaningful staff pressure because at this point you're far enough away that the only thing to worry about is a d2able Flying Grayson or another ground pound.

@Sajam I swear I can't please nobody...

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
@7L i think WW has a slight advantage because her offense game is ridiculos, she can D3 arrows, but getting in is not free for her, his spacing against here is pretty good, but once she gets in she fan take your whole life lead there. Maybe 6.5-3.5 if we can go for .'s
And i don't have much experience as Zatanna :( are you on PSN? I would love to run some games if you can.
And agree on Hawkgirl losing 4-6

7L

Heads up!
@7L I'm always down to play, either offline or online. I promise I won't use Harley
You use harley and ill drive off a bridge </3

Ill have to meet you offline to play sometime. Probably about an hour drive.

Aquaman is my worst fear still. Dont worry though, I'll bop brady in tourney ^_^

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I'm willing to play the match up @7L, or any other arrow.

I'm pretty sure NW has a small advantage, but I'd like to play the MU more.

7L

Heads up!
@7L i think WW has a slight advantage because her offense game is ridiculos, she can D3 arrows, but getting in is not free for her, his spacing against here is pretty good, but once she gets in she fan take your whole life lead there. Maybe 6.5-3.5 if we can go for .'s
And i don't have much experience as Zatanna :( are you on PSN? I would love to run some games if you can.
And agree on Hawkgirl losing 4-6
I'm on xbl or pc. WW doesnt have advancing strings that can compete with spacing from arrow. But i do agree that it's tough to keep her out.

@Sajam pc or xbl? I'd play

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm on xbl or pc. WW doesnt have advancing strings that can compete with spacing from arrow. But i do agree that it's tough to keep her out.

@Sajam pc or xbl? I'd play
Ohh ok! And yeah, as i said getting in is not easy, but once she is in there's almost no way to take her out.