What's new

Personal opinion MU chart for Arrow

7L

Heads up!
I've been asked to post one of these and well, everyone is doing it.

Aquaman 2-8
- Spacing, zone, trait, damage. He has every tool to beat arrow.

Ares 5-5
- all around even MU, not rough at all

Bane 3-7
venom bodies arrow, he has no answer for it. His zoning game is non existent and to wake up you are risking a hurricane bow that is punishable and may not even work.

Batgirl 5-5
- arrow can go toe to toe with spacing, bait teleports, not a tough mu at all
Batman 4-6
- this is a lot of blocking, his pressure beats arrow, he can outzone you, bats just demolish you.

Black Adam 4-6
His plus strings and max damage will give you trouble.

Catwoman 4-6
d1 catclaws make d1 arrow impossible, her j2 will keep you out of the air and her damage/pressure is just better with advancing strings.

Cyborg 5-5
you haveto play patient but it's just about getting it, you can attempt to zone with electric arrows but it's better to just play a rush down game.

Deathstroke 5-5
- he has tools to keep you out, its a game of playing punish and not rushing down. Awkward jump makes some of his reset block strings useless.

Doomsday 4-6
- outpressures arrow in all ways. Could be a 5-5 but i'd need to play noobe more to set it in stone.

Flash 5-5
you can compete with everything flash does, his damage is good but arrows pressure can match his.

GreenLantern 6-4
- don't argue this.

HarleyQuinn 5-5
crouched arrow buff made this MU easier. It's mostly a get in and pressure game with harley.

HawkGirl 6-4
Arrow shuts down her wake up game and air game.

Joker 6-4
Arrow can keep him out and his pressure is better.

KillerFrost 5-5
Arrow can go toe to toe with frost, frost daggers arent an option since the low arrow buff.

LexLuthor 3-7.
Armor demolishes arrow. He has no answer for it due to slow strings.

Lobo ?
- no experience
MartianMan 2-8
MMH will keep arrow out every way possible, you have to sneak in an ice arrow while he is setting up. The only good thing he has vs MMH is that he can forward dash the overhead teleport.

NightWing 5-5
Pressure game is about the same, no zoning war between them and arrow doesn't really struggle vs his staff stance. I will want more experience in this MU

Raven 4 -6
trait shuts arrow down and she has no reason not to be in trait every chance she can be.

Scorpion 5-5
Arrow can out pressure scorpion.
Shazam 6-4
Command grab set ups aren't a threat to him, he can keep him out and even zone, b2 to punish teleport and also psycho crusher is punished easily by 22.

Sinestro 4-6
there is a sweet spot about 3/4 and 1/4 screen to duck and punish fear blast but once sinestro gets trait, arrow is a puching bag.

Grundy 5-5
Savage blast is a nightmare for grundy, walking corpse wiffs when he does it and it will put him at a safe range, grundys health trait and damage are a big turn of events in the match though.

Superman 4-6
Not as bad as before, but supermans pressure in the corner is a pain for arrow since he has no real answer except push block.

WWoman 5-5
Arrow can zone safely and space her pretty well.

Zatanna ?
no experience

Zod 3-7
His moves are better, air fireballs keep arrow stationary. His trait allows him free pressure at any time and he can get the trait out for free if arrow is not right next to him.

Now I can wait for the "You're still up-playing" posts.

@Emperor DMS there you go.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Holy shit, I actually 98% agree with your list 7L.

Only one would be Nightwing, but that could just be a personally thing of my own where I think it's 4-6. I would be curious how some sets between you and @TakeAChance would go if you guys connected well.

Great chart, nice to see people realizing some things about these match ups that I did months ago. ;)

I actually agree with you on the Lantern match up now as well. :)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I can agree with most, but Sinestro really isn't difficult to deal with. Keep him out of trait and stay within range where his projectiles can't hit you crouching and there isn't much he can do. His strings are easy to react to as well. I'd put that as 5-5. Also, Aquaman's tough but I wouldn't say 8-2 tough. 6-4 is where I'd rank that MU. 7-3 at worst. I rarely have trouble with Aquaman's anymore but that's my opinion.

But, I feel all it takes it patience to deal with those two.

The rest seem okay to me.

Reactions: 7L

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Joker 6-4
Arrow can keep him out and his pressure is better.
How does Arrow keep him out when he doesn't have an answer to J3?

You mentioned high damage in the BA matchup as a main talking point, Joker does even higher. 100% touch of death reset in the corner, 45% midscreen combos that have 60% of the stage wallcarry and end with a hard knockdown, if Joker knocks arrow down then it's over. Arrow's zoning doesn't have the brute force to stop Joker getting in, I SEVERELY doubt that when Sinestro is 4-6 Arrow is as well.

How is his pressure better? One J2 and you're from almost midscreen of side 1 to the corner of side 2 with almost half your health gone, Joker has a solid 6f +1 on block D1, a 12f safe D2 and the best J3 in the game as well as conversions that all lead into ambiguous crossup setups or more pressure. In the corner the known 100% combos, safe 50/50s that do regular combo damage + another reset if Joker adds a bar. Which makes a total of 75% for one wrong guess which even if it backfires is totally safe for Joker.

Once Joker gets the lifelead Arrow has to come to him, Joker's projectile is 16f +5 on block and does 8% while you have to reload for the same amount of time while doing 1% max chip damage per arrow. Then you need to rush down a character with subzero like clones in teeth that at any point can turn into cyrax bombs with J2/J3. Joker's D2 also reaches to jump distance as a 35% 1 bar poking tool which leads into a wakeup nullifying setup.

Joker's damage is extremely higher than Arrow's, save for super, he automaticly wins all clashes unless you forfeit the super's damage, he has better pokes, air control and anti air than Arrow, many more ways for easy and cheap damage as well as ridiculous wallcarry into touch of death combos.

At the least 5-5.

LEGEND

YES!
i agree with almost all the opinions on who has the advantage in the MUs, but not really the numbers. No big deal

imo he has a slight edge on Flash. Loses slightly to Deathstroke and goes even or beats Doomsday. I think i've given my input on these MUs somewhere in these forums if anyone wants reasons

Reactions: 7L

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It's not a MU you can play like every other one and if you approach it like it that, you're going to lose. I've played Michaelangelo's Aquaman many times. Arrow can deal with him.
No way, Aquaman fuckin destroys Arrow, the only way Arrow wins, is if AM sits there and lets him hit him.

You can't approach him, you can't run from him, hell, you can't even pull an arrow out.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I really don't find this MU that difficult. It's tough, but not on the same level as MMH. And definitely not worst than Zod.

But, everyone struggles with different MU's. For me personally, I'll take Aquaman over MMH & Black Adam anyday.

@Jimmypotato you gave me advice on this MU long time ago so I have you to thank for making it easier for me.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I really don't find this MU that difficult. It's tough, but not on the same level as MMH. And definitely not worst than Zod.

But, everyone struggles with different MU's. For me personally, I'll take Aquaman over MMH & Black Adam anyday.

@Jimmypotato you gave me advice on this MU long time ago so I have you to thank for making it easier for me.
lol, well i'm glad my advice worked out for you. the problem is, once they know what your character can and can't do, they can just do whatever the hell they want.

So as long as you got them respecting you for whatever reason, ride er till she bucks!! lol.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
My Green Arrow was/is garbage, so id take anything I say with a grain of salt.

I agree for the most part. My only disagreements are slight.

I think DD vs Arrow may actually be even. Arrow can keep DD frustrated with all arrows and savage blast, forcing him to MB barge in constantly, limiting his clash and combo options

GL vs arrow I think may be even, but Im open to it being advantage. The full screen zoning game is adv arrow, and GL cant do b1 if you have an ice arrow loaded, but gl still has plenty of options to play his game, and he can rather carelessly throw out lift at long range, all arrrow gets is a slide punish. GL can be wrong 3 or 4 times with that and still be ok because getting it right once can lead to a disaster.

Bane is just awful. 3-7 may not be bad enough. Lol. Arrow cant oki, and cant wake up. Even when arrow is right, banes venom makes arrows shit combo damage do even less. This MU is a nightmare.

MMH - may not be as bad as we think. After a 223 reload knockdown, a slight step back and an ice arrow beats all wakeup options. You are out of range of push, and the arrow hits after teleport invincibility, but before mmh is off screen. So it is possible to condition him to not to wake up, allowing arrow to use all his oki game. Getting that first knockdown is near impossible, but momentum can be kept. Maybe 3-7 not 2-8.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I think WoWo beats him because she can d3 under arrows. If Arrow does d1~d4 she can block your d1 than press d3 and it will make your arrow whiff. I think it's pretty hard to get an offense going against her

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Also Lex Luthor I don't think is that bad, because his startup on all his special attacks are EXTREMELY slow. So if you're just spamming green arrows from across the screen he can't even set up a probe or land mine or trait or anything

If you have the life lead you can zone him with fire arrows and it can be pretty tough for him to get in

I$AAC

Noob
Care to go into more detail about the HG matchup. I was playing a HG player yesterday and had no idea what to do against her.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I agree with the Arrow Shazam MU number. FUCK savage blast. shit makes the MU a pain in the ass. To all the shazam players who say the MU isnt that bad they can go fuck themselves. They havent dealt with the power of the savage blast. The only option shazam has against that is there is a certain spot where he is able to jump over it and punish with J2. other then that arro can just keep you out. Also no experience with zatanna. looks like i know who to counterpick against you :joker:

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
As others said, I think Nightwing may have a 6-4 advantage for Nightwing.

I also find the Deathstroke matchup to be bad for Green Arrow. Deathstroke just has too many options to keep Green Arrow away and Deathstroke has some decent wake up attacks that Green Arrow has to respect.