What's new

Personal opinion MU chart for Arrow

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I think arrow vs gl is even the two matches we played were super close bruh.
Ga wins cant be argued lol.
Where are you getting the gl number from a real explanation. The one I see is bullshit.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
You use harley and ill drive off a bridge </3

Ill have to meet you offline to play sometime. Probably about an hour drive.

Aquaman is my worst fear still. Dont worry though, I'll bop brady in tourney ^_^
If all goes well I'll be at wb. I really can't go anywhere too far since I'm 16 haha.

7L

Heads up!
I think arrow vs gl is even the two matches we played were super close bruh.
Ga wins cant be argued lol.
Where are you getting the gl number from a real explanation. The one I see is bullshit.
The low arrow buff helped him even more. Along with slide buff. I think lantern also lost his ex lift otg, not certain if that was before or after.

If lantern shoots a projectile, it's a free 30% punish unless he wants to ex, which may or may not hit me for 7% depending on the spacing but no matter what, lantern cannot follow up on it, he will be forced to block the ice arrow or jump over it.

Also for his projectile in the air, you can time it to eat the hit and release your arrow to hit lantern on the way down.

Minigun being checked by d2 also gives arrow the spacing that he wants.

Hopefully you will be at an east coast tournament soon or I if i can make it to a WC tournament so we can run this match up much more. I'll still have to run with more with Blackula and also the other Lantern from Virginia, but after the last patch, I feel as if the match up slid into arrows favor.

The game is still in year 1 and these are still just opinions, numbers will always go back and forth

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
The low arrow buff helped him even more. Along with slide buff. I think lantern also lost his ex lift otg, not certain if that was before or after.

If lantern shoots a projectile, it's a free 30% punish unless he wants to ex, which may or may not hit me for 7% depending on the spacing but no matter what, lantern cannot follow up on it, he will be forced to block the ice arrow or jump over it.

Also for his projectile in the air, you can time it to eat the hit and release your arrow to hit lantern on the way down.

Minigun being checked by d2 also gives arrow the spacing that he wants.

Hopefully you will be at an east coast tournament soon or I if i can make it to a WC tournament so we can run this match up much more. I'll still have to run with more with Blackula and also the other Lantern from Virginia, but after the last patch, I feel as if the match up slid into arrows favor.

The game is still in year 1 and these are still just opinions, numbers will always go back and forth
yeah I know its just an opinion and they change as time goes by. I just wanted your reason not just cant be argued lol.
I can see why you think it is ga favor.

Ga does outzone gl now in my opinion.

I believe gl has to be offensive in this matchup now.
Defensive gl doesn't work in this match up like I use to think.

I'll probably always believe it is an even matchup.
I just can't see this In ga favor at all.

Gl doesn't need ex lift vortex anymore.
He has vortex off his trait lift.
Gl losing his old vortex doesn't change the mu in my opinion

If I make another east coast we are going to grind this matchup like cheese lol.

Reactions: 7L

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What I think about your list:
Aquaman - ok, maybe not that bad but ok.
Ares - yes.
Bane - It's not that bad TBH, 4 - 6 I can see since he kills it's wake ups but same thing to happens to everyone. It's not like Arrow can't just wait for the venom to wear off. Also if he does either double punch or venom uppercut his pressure ends and he gets punished if he tries to follow up.
Batgirl - Nop, it's bad for GA. 4 - 6. If he loads an arrow he gets full combo punished. If he throws an arrow he gets full combo punished. Batgirl can get in like whatever and all he gets are shitty punishments.
Batman - Slight 4 - 6. Not that bad. GA mid screen pressure > Batman.
Bladam - yeah.
Catwoman - Disagree. He beats all of her options. She needs to rush down and you can punish everything she does. J2 from a certain distance can be backdashed and full combo punished. Her B3 leaves her at -. If she does catclaws she gets punished from everywhere. You shouldn't even be d1 xx arrowing on block enough to make you readable. It's just a matter of being patient but it's like 6 - 4 or 5 - 5.
Cyborg - Disagree. It may be bad actually, not enough exp though but it seems like outzone city to me.
DS - Yeah
DD - Yeah
Flash - Nah, GA bodies Flash. You can zone him out and force him to do LC and that kind of full combo punishable stuff. Only thing flash has is damage through trait but that's pretty much it.
GL - Yeah, maybe even 7 - 3. I haven't list to a GL in 5 months. Completely outzones him.
HQ - ok.
HG - Yes.
Joker - this may be 7 - 3 in GA's favor. Joker cannot get close at all. It's a huge chore for him and you can get out easily.
KF - NO. HORRIBLE FOR GA. You can't zone, you can't load arrows, you can't jump, her damage is better, she can do whatever she wants.
Lex - Hmm maybe 4 - 6. Not thaaat bad but idk.
Lobo - 5 - 5.
MMH - yeah. Maybe 3 - 7.
NW - Wat. NW destroys GA. You can't do shit about his zoning. His pressure is better. You can't move when he's in staff stance. It's awful.
Raven - 3 - 7. Grab shuts down arrow, as well as trait. You can't zone. You can't move. You can't punish anything. It's bad.
Scorpion - Nop, GA beats him. He can't do shit without getting punished. Both teleports are full combo punishable. Jump ins are full combo punishable. Hellfire is very readable, and he can't just dash in. It's bad for scorp.
Shazam - Yeah.
Sinestro - ok.
Grundy - omg who knows.
Superman - 3 - 7. It's still horrible poop.
WW - 6 - 4 GA.
Zatanna - ?
Zod - Yeah.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28105

For the majority, I agree with this list. I only see one flaw in it based solely on personal experience and opinion. That is Nightwing. It appears that Nigtwing's zoning mutilates GA's entire game plan. You can essentially rush him down in escrima if you are utilizing anticipatory ability, however upon switching to staff his pressure is ludicrous. I find myself blocking for up to 10 seconds at a time because of how slow his normals are in an effective range.

I'm not sure if this is just a bad matchup for me personally, but I'd call it 4-6, if I was exaggerating, 3-7.

For the majority, I agree with this list. I only see one flaw in it based solely on personal experience and opinion. That is Nightwing. It appears that Nigtwing's zoning mutilates GA's entire game plan. You can essentially rush him down in escrima if you are utilizing anticipatory ability, however upon switching to staff his pressure is ludicrous. I find myself blocking for up to 10 seconds at a time because of how slow his normals are in an effective range.

I'm not sure if this is just a bad matchup for me personally, but I'd call it 4-6, if I was exaggerating, 3-7.
I felt the same way actually, but based on some of the info posted here I think you and I are probably not playing that matchup at the highest possible level yet. For example:

I'll agree NW vs GA is 5-5.

GA players who disagree are not abusing NW's nonexistent anti air and slow normals. Also 1% arrows shut down a lot of NW's options in staff.

This is one of my favorite MUs because it makes Injustice appear to have footsies.

You can back dash the second shock of MB staff pound and get a free arrow load.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've been asked to post one of these and well, everyone is doing it.

Aquaman 2-8
- Spacing, zone, trait, damage. He has every tool to beat arrow.

Ares 5-5
- all around even MU, not rough at all

Bane 3-7
venom bodies arrow, he has no answer for it. His zoning game is non existent and to wake up you are risking a hurricane bow that is punishable and may not even work.

Batgirl 5-5
- arrow can go toe to toe with spacing, bait teleports, not a tough mu at all
Batman 4-6
- this is a lot of blocking, his pressure beats arrow, he can outzone you, bats just demolish you.

Black Adam 4-6
His plus strings and max damage will give you trouble.

Catwoman 4-6
d1 catclaws make d1 arrow impossible, her j2 will keep you out of the air and her damage/pressure is just better with advancing strings.

Cyborg 5-5
you haveto play patient but it's just about getting it, you can attempt to zone with electric arrows but it's better to just play a rush down game.

Deathstroke 5-5
- he has tools to keep you out, its a game of playing punish and not rushing down. Awkward jump makes some of his reset block strings useless.

Doomsday 4-6
- outpressures arrow in all ways. Could be a 5-5 but i'd need to play noobe more to set it in stone.

Flash 5-5
you can compete with everything flash does, his damage is good but arrows pressure can match his.

GreenLantern 6-4
- don't argue this.

HarleyQuinn 5-5
crouched arrow buff made this MU easier. It's mostly a get in and pressure game with harley.

HawkGirl 6-4
Arrow shuts down her wake up game and air game.

Joker 6-4
Arrow can keep him out and his pressure is better.

KillerFrost 5-5
Arrow can go toe to toe with frost, frost daggers arent an option since the low arrow buff.

LexLuthor 3-7.
Armor demolishes arrow. He has no answer for it due to slow strings.

Lobo ?
- no experience
MartianMan 2-8
MMH will keep arrow out every way possible, you have to sneak in an ice arrow while he is setting up. The only good thing he has vs MMH is that he can forward dash the overhead teleport.

NightWing 5-5
Pressure game is about the same, no zoning war between them and arrow doesn't really struggle vs his staff stance. I will want more experience in this MU

Raven 4 -6
trait shuts arrow down and she has no reason not to be in trait every chance she can be.

Scorpion 5-5
Arrow can out pressure scorpion.
Shazam 6-4
Command grab set ups aren't a threat to him, he can keep him out and even zone, b2 to punish teleport and also psycho crusher is punished easily by 22.

Sinestro 4-6
there is a sweet spot about 3/4 and 1/4 screen to duck and punish fear blast but once sinestro gets trait, arrow is a puching bag.

Grundy 5-5
Savage blast is a nightmare for grundy, walking corpse wiffs when he does it and it will put him at a safe range, grundys health trait and damage are a big turn of events in the match though.

Superman 4-6
Not as bad as before, but supermans pressure in the corner is a pain for arrow since he has no real answer except push block.

WWoman 5-5
Arrow can zone safely and space her pretty well.

Zatanna ?
no experience

Zod 3-7
His moves are better, air fireballs keep arrow stationary. His trait allows him free pressure at any time and he can get the trait out for free if arrow is not right next to him.

Now I can wait for the "You're still up-playing" posts.

@Emperor DMS there you go.
If you want we can play some games tomorrow. I think my Lobo is good enough to give you some MU experience. I'm on Xbox 360.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane - It's not that bad TBH, 4 - 6 I can see since he kills it's wake ups but same thing to happens to everyone. It's not like Arrow can't just wait for the venom to wear off.
And then what, hit me with a combo that only does 40% when I'm on level 3 debuff?

7L

Heads up!
68%

Ive come up with new stuff since I made that post actually.

But yeah I now think its worse than I previously thought.
I still think it's 3-7 but I've came up with a few more things to help with the MU. If the 10v10 PTH vs EMPR goes down at WB, I'm gonig for GRRR. I think I downloaded him in the 3 losses to him lol. Arrow has small options, it's all little damage but he can get away pretty safely for the most part. No more me being an idiot and trading 12% for 6% until he runs out of venom.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
68%

Ive come up with new stuff since I made that post actually.

But yeah I now think its worse than I previously thought.
If you can get to me, of course.
If I punt you across the stage as my venom ender, or even throw you halfway across, you aren't catching me in those few seconds.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
yeah I know its just an opinion and they change as time goes by. I just wanted your reason not just cant be argued lol.
I can see why you think it is ga favor.

Ga does outzone gl now in my opinion.

I believe gl has to be offensive in this matchup now.
Defensive gl doesn't work in this match up like I use to think.

I'll probably always believe it is an even matchup.
I just can't see this In ga favor at all.

Gl doesn't need ex lift vortex anymore.
He has vortex off his trait lift.
Gl losing his old vortex doesn't change the mu in my opinion

If I make another east coast we are going to grind this matchup like cheese lol.
Don't need to go all the way over there.. I'm the Fastest Arrow in the West.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
What I think about your list:
Aquaman - ok, maybe not that bad but ok.
Ares - yes.
Bane - It's not that bad TBH, 4 - 6 I can see since he kills it's wake ups but same thing to happens to everyone. It's not like Arrow can't just wait for the venom to wear off. Also if he does either double punch or venom uppercut his pressure ends and he gets punished if he tries to follow up.
Batgirl - Nop, it's bad for GA. 4 - 6. If he loads an arrow he gets full combo punished. If he throws an arrow he gets full combo punished. Batgirl can get in like whatever and all he gets are shitty punishments.
Batman - Slight 4 - 6. Not that bad. GA mid screen pressure > Batman.
Bladam - yeah.
Catwoman - Disagree. He beats all of her options. She needs to rush down and you can punish everything she does. J2 from a certain distance can be backdashed and full combo punished. Her B3 leaves her at -. If she does catclaws she gets punished from everywhere. You shouldn't even be d1 xx arrowing on block enough to make you readable. It's just a matter of being patient but it's like 6 - 4 or 5 - 5.
Cyborg - Disagree. It may be bad actually, not enough exp though but it seems like outzone city to me.
DS - Yeah
DD - Yeah
Flash - Nah, GA bodies Flash. You can zone him out and force him to do LC and that kind of full combo punishable stuff. Only thing flash has is damage through trait but that's pretty much it.
GL - Yeah, maybe even 7 - 3. I haven't list to a GL in 5 months. Completely outzones him.
HQ - ok.
HG - Yes.
Joker - this may be 7 - 3 in GA's favor. Joker cannot get close at all. It's a huge chore for him and you can get out easily.
KF - NO. HORRIBLE FOR GA. You can't zone, you can't load arrows, you can't jump, her damage is better, she can do whatever she wants.
Lex - Hmm maybe 4 - 6. Not thaaat bad but idk.
Lobo - 5 - 5.
MMH - yeah. Maybe 3 - 7.
NW - Wat. NW destroys GA. You can't do shit about his zoning. His pressure is better. You can't move when he's in staff stance. It's awful.
Raven - 3 - 7. Grab shuts down arrow, as well as trait. You can't zone. You can't move. You can't punish anything. It's bad.
Scorpion - Nop, GA beats him. He can't do shit without getting punished. Both teleports are full combo punishable. Jump ins are full combo punishable. Hellfire is very readable, and he can't just dash in. It's bad for scorp.
Shazam - Yeah.
Sinestro - ok.
Grundy - omg who knows.
Superman - 3 - 7. It's still horrible poop.
WW - 6 - 4 GA.
Zatanna - ?
Zod - Yeah.
Lmao Gl might be a 7-3 for arrow.
Because you haven't lost to a green lantern in 5 months great reasoning lol.
I'll change your mind quick about that opinion

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lmao Gl might be a 7-3 for arrow.
Because you haven't lost to a green lantern in 5 months great reasoning lol.
I'll change your mind quick about that opinion
The reasoning was... it completely outzones him. Which is true that's basically what you do the entire match up.

Just because I beat some (really good) Supermans here and there doesn't mean the match up is suddenly good for GA.

But since you want a more indepth explanation:

1) b13 and b12 can be backdashed and full combo punishable.
2) From full screen, GL needs to respect the arrows, and he can't jump. It's a chore for him to get in.
3) Mid screen, once I respect the Lantern's might, I can get the fuck out of there faster than you can chase me.
4) I can also dash in and punish Lantern's might from midscreen for 26%.
5) Unlike other match ups where I have to commit if I use my frozen arrows, I don't really have to here :)
6) Stinger works wonders as a wake up here.
7) It was better for GL BEFORE the october patch, since rockets could actually hit me if I was throwing arrows. That doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I've been asked to post one of these and well, everyone is doing it.

Aquaman 2-8
- Spacing, zone, trait, damage. He has every tool to beat arrow.

Ares 5-5
- all around even MU, not rough at all

Bane 3-7
venom bodies arrow, he has no answer for it. His zoning game is non existent and to wake up you are risking a hurricane bow that is punishable and may not even work.

Batgirl 5-5
- arrow can go toe to toe with spacing, bait teleports, not a tough mu at all
Batman 4-6
- this is a lot of blocking, his pressure beats arrow, he can outzone you, bats just demolish you.

Black Adam 4-6
His plus strings and max damage will give you trouble.

Catwoman 4-6
d1 catclaws make d1 arrow impossible, her j2 will keep you out of the air and her damage/pressure is just better with advancing strings.

Cyborg 5-5
you haveto play patient but it's just about getting it, you can attempt to zone with electric arrows but it's better to just play a rush down game.

Deathstroke 5-5
- he has tools to keep you out, its a game of playing punish and not rushing down. Awkward jump makes some of his reset block strings useless.

Doomsday 4-6
- outpressures arrow in all ways. Could be a 5-5 but i'd need to play noobe more to set it in stone.

Flash 5-5
you can compete with everything flash does, his damage is good but arrows pressure can match his.

GreenLantern 6-4
- don't argue this.

HarleyQuinn 5-5
crouched arrow buff made this MU easier. It's mostly a get in and pressure game with harley.

HawkGirl 6-4
Arrow shuts down her wake up game and air game.

Joker 6-4
Arrow can keep him out and his pressure is better.

KillerFrost 5-5
Arrow can go toe to toe with frost, frost daggers arent an option since the low arrow buff.

LexLuthor 3-7.
Armor demolishes arrow. He has no answer for it due to slow strings.

Lobo ?
- no experience
MartianMan 2-8
MMH will keep arrow out every way possible, you have to sneak in an ice arrow while he is setting up. The only good thing he has vs MMH is that he can forward dash the overhead teleport.

NightWing 5-5
Pressure game is about the same, no zoning war between them and arrow doesn't really struggle vs his staff stance. I will want more experience in this MU

Raven 4 -6
trait shuts arrow down and she has no reason not to be in trait every chance she can be.

Scorpion 5-5
Arrow can out pressure scorpion.
Shazam 6-4
Command grab set ups aren't a threat to him, he can keep him out and even zone, b2 to punish teleport and also psycho crusher is punished easily by 22.

Sinestro 4-6
there is a sweet spot about 3/4 and 1/4 screen to duck and punish fear blast but once sinestro gets trait, arrow is a puching bag.

Grundy 5-5
Savage blast is a nightmare for grundy, walking corpse wiffs when he does it and it will put him at a safe range, grundys health trait and damage are a big turn of events in the match though.

Superman 4-6
Not as bad as before, but supermans pressure in the corner is a pain for arrow since he has no real answer except push block.

WWoman 5-5
Arrow can zone safely and space her pretty well.

Zatanna ?
no experience

Zod 3-7
His moves are better, air fireballs keep arrow stationary. His trait allows him free pressure at any time and he can get the trait out for free if arrow is not right next to him.

Now I can wait for the "You're still up-playing" posts.

@Emperor DMS there you go.
GA v Shazam might be 6-4, but it feels sooooo much worse at times lol.

Great list btw.