What's new

Personal opinion MU chart for Arrow

When you knock her down you load ice arrow and pull it and hold it, if she wakes up, you release it. If she doesnt, you cancel the arrow
Sooooo many rage salty Hawkgirls online from this, I love it.

Edit: oh, one thing worth mentioning though. I've done testing on this before and I've noticed that if you hit her at a very specific frame in her mace charge arc (basically when she's completely upside down) she will appear to go into a frozen state....but she will still be able to block the follow up attack. It usually doesn't happen very often, but it can throw you off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7L

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Just because he outzones gl he wins the mu?
GA damage is just not that great.

Gl can blow up all of GA's wake ups.

When Gl gets in, he has a whole bunch of offensive setups that GA can't get out of easy.
Gl oki is still extremely strong

His arrows don't really do a lot of chip GA will soon corner himself.

Ga has to try and compete with b1 and lift range.

Also gl can punish b1 string backdashes with b1 gatling gun. or get risky like b1 mb oa rocket.

its not that risky because ga doesn't have a lot of damage.

I just don't see how his zoning makes it a winning matchup or you can backdash punish for like 28%.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
The reasoning was... it completely outzones him. Which is true that's basically what you do the entire match up.

Just because I beat some (really good) Supermans here and there doesn't mean the match up is suddenly good for GA.

But since you want a more indepth explanation:

1) b13 and b12 can be backdashed and full combo punishable.
2) From full screen, GL needs to respect the arrows, and he can't jump. It's a chore for him to get in.
3) Mid screen, once I respect the Lantern's might, I can get the fuck out of there faster than you can chase me.
4) I can also dash in and punish Lantern's might from midscreen for 26%.
5) Unlike other match ups where I have to commit if I use my frozen arrows, I don't really have to here :)
6) Stinger works wonders as a wake up here.
7) It was better for GL BEFORE the october patch, since rockets could actually hit me if I was throwing arrows. That doesn't work anymore.
Once in range for lift you can just get out? lol gl can lift jumpbacks

D

Deleted member 28105

When Gl gets in, he has a whole bunch of offensive setups that GA can't get out of easy.

Also gl can punish b1 string backdashes with b1 gatling gun. or get risky like b1 mb oa rocket.

I just don't see how his zoning makes it a winning matchup or you can backdash punish for like 28%.
Everyone can blow up all of GA's wakeups, so that statement is irrelevant.

Cool, a strong Oki game, going for setups completely negates your damage argument, so that point is rendered invalid. We can wakeup out of every one of your mixups.

Lift range huh? Last time I checked, Ice arrows go full screen, and the last time i checked, was 30 minutes ago. The original zoning argument presented is still going strong.

If you are a smart zoner, you won't get cornered. Fire arrows provide pushback and a knockdown.

Not that much damage, until round 2, when I can hit you with an 80 percent unblockable reset. Take all the risks you want.

7L

Heads up!

You found that he can lift his savage blast on wake up ^_^

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Everyone can blow up all of GA's wakeups, so that statement is irrelevant.

Cool, a strong Oki game, going for setups completely negates your damage argument, so that point is rendered invalid. We can wakeup out of every one of your mixups.

Lift range huh? Last time I checked, Ice arrows go full screen, and the last time i checked, was 30 minutes ago. The original zoning argument presented is still going strong.

If you are a smart zoner, you won't get cornered. Fire arrows provide pushback and a knockdown.

Not that much damage, until round 2, when I can hit you with an 80 percent unblockable reset. Take all the risks you want.
this is MIT, he'll get back to you later, but LBSH, DJT could care less about GA lol, MMH is a character GL's will really have to work against. also you have no clue how good GL's oki game is apparently, trust me, in the right hands GL's oki is just gdlk.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
That's true in ALL of GA's MUs.
Just like every character in the game. You blow up stinger by jumping back and doing an air normal, Sky alert by not jumping (lol), Hurricane Blade is full combo punishable, and Savage Blast by jumping on me or doing Lantern's might. It happens in every match up as well, but then again it's a guess. If you jump over me, I sky alert. If you try to Lantern's might, I can full combo punish you. If you try a setup, I can Stinger the hell out of there. If you try and read stinger, I get out without a scratch.
And how's that different from any other MU? I can MB B3, I can poke, I can d1 xx savage blast, I can back dash...
Totally. But stinger kills all of them setups yoh.
Nop. .7% or .1%. The thing is hitting you lol. If you throw a rocket, I'll hit you. If you jump, I'll hit you. If you dash, I'll back away and continue zoning.
I thought exactly that... until I didn't even try to compete.
:DOGE
BUFF GA
Welcome to GA's life.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The zoning game isn't even hopeless for GL. GA still has to deal with the fact that GL can early detonate MB oa to hit crouch arrows. In order to even limit that, GA has to be in fire or lightning arrow the entire time zoning, and even then he can still get hit. Ice arrow becomes a waste when MB oa comes to play.

GA gets outdamaged as well, so GA getting any damage can randomly be made moot points as soon as GL touches him, and as DJT said, GA still has to deal with b1 and lift if GL gets into range (LBSH, mistakes are going to be made and like I said, MB oa is a good tool for GL in zoning).

No way that matchup is in GA's favor. GL isn't totally out of the water just cuz zoning, because he still has answers for that lol. And even without the oki setups, GL can just go for the full damage and make up a lot of ground he may have lost in the life lead.

D

Deleted member 28105

this is MIT, he'll get back to you later, but LBSH, DJT could care less about GA lol, MMH is a character GL's will really have to work against. also you have no clue how good GL's oki game is apparently, trust me, in the right hands GL's oki is just gdlk.
You've brought up some real.. valid points here, that have completely warped my opinion in regards to this matchup. I'm choosing to back out from this argument in its entirety, until I can process what is being said here.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I won't be able to change anybody's mind until they play me now that I know how to play this matchup a whole lot better.

Stinger can be blown up by b1 on oki its not completely invincible.

Gl can do f3 oki and if it misses and ga does stinger lift can blow it up on recovery.

Anytime ga load an arrow, gl can oa rocket other than that just patiently walk through zoning because ga can't compete with gl range.

Gl also can use his f2 which is a very good string that is overhead second part. He doesn't just have to use b13 or b12

You ga players might feel like he wins the matchup now but sooner or later I'll get you guys to agree on an even matchup.

As long as you guys don't drop the game when mk10 comes out like a lot of our community will probably do aha.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I don't know why you ga players are considering his zoning as a strong point for beating gl.

Gl will not get zone by ga the whole match and ga will get cornered. Ga will have to compete for that space sooner or later and gl dominate the neutral game.

Fire arrows aren't enough chip or pushback to keep gl out because you have to reload arrows and that is a risk for gl to get damage with mb oa rockets.

I strongly believe that this is an even matchup.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't know why you ga players are considering his zoning as a strong point for beating gl.

Gl will not get zone by ga the whole match and ga will get cornered. Ga will have to compete for that space sooner or later and gl dominate the neutral game.

Fire arrows aren't enough chip or pushback to keep gl out because you have to reload arrows and that is a risk for gl to get damage with mb oa rockets.

I strongly believe that this is an even matchup.
I think it's Even after playing it offline at length a few weeks ago.

The biggest plus Arrow has is he gets a ton of free Arrow loads outside of Lift range because lantern doesn't have a dumb tracking move (AM) or an unseable grab (Raven).

This is actually one of the funner matches I like playing.

I find in actually play the deciding factor is usually the stage for this match up.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Scrolled through entire thread, practically no mention of Lobo. You people still sleep on The Main Man even after his buffs.