What's new

People love to complain in this game

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm not terrible :(
Yes, but the difference is KF players think Bane is awful but are wrong. They have misconceptions.

Its not perspective, DD is now bottom 15 and Bane is now top 15. Also DD is a terrible character who should've received some proper attention by now. When you've seen the same thing for 6 months straight its not something that's hard to make counter-play for. He has limited tools and options, I've dipped my hand in the honey pot and while a good player could make the most of that character, you won't be in for any surprises.

Theres consequences. Don't want to zone out Bane? I've got 54% of consequences loaded into two buttons.
There is ZERO consequences for you to use Venom DP

There is ZERO consequences for DD to use MB Venom

DD is no where near bottom of this game BECAUSE he is so simple. You don't have to think hard. You can simply react and play with your hair on fire and be safely random. The worst kind of player is someone you can not read, and when you have limited options, but all of them are safe, you can be random.

Like I said. It is all a matter of perspective. Just as KF players have misconceptions... so do you.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
I play grundy and get hatemail all day. I apparently spam throws, grundy isn't considered a proper character so i'm not worthy of the win and another common one is, getting hatemail when THEY BEAT ME, with just fireballs.... I get people quit on me all day when i perfect them in the first round even though i never quit any game. Just the way it is.

Even when i want to send some to superman 'spamming' eye laser all day, i don't. Just not worth the effort.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity

DD is no where near bottom of this game BECAUSE he is so simple. You don't have to think hard. You can simply react and play with your hair on fire and be safely random. The worst kind of player is someone you can not read, and when you have limited options, but all of them are safe, you can be random.

Like I said. It is all a matter of perspective. Just as KF players have misconceptions... so do you.
I do think doomsday IS top 10

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Theres tons of consequences for using venom DP. Its not hard to beat it, but its not always efficient and that's why he is top 15.

DD using MB venom works when theres something he needs to so desperately armor through that he cant do it otherwise. It can still be parried, it can still be broken, Grundy doesn't have to care, Its not like you can't jump it, and he needs the meter to actually do some form of half decent damage.

DD being bottom 15 is a generous estimate considering theres only 30 characters. Him being in the top 20 with no wake-up invuln, everything being parried, and him getting checked and zoned by Supes harder than Bane does isn't likely to happen when you consider he has to use the same tools we've fought against for 6 mos. straight.

Its what the characters have and lack. Perspective has nothing to do with it.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Its not perspective, DD is now bottom 15 and Bane is now top 15.
26 characters, it's still possible that DD is ranked higher than Bane, for instance - DD 12#, Bane 14#
Yeah I'm bored :|
Do you have any idea where Grundy is located in the tier list?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
26 characters, it's still possible that DD is ranked higher than Bane, for instance - DD 12#, Bane 14#
Yeah I'm bored :|
Do you have any idea where Grundy is located in the tier list?
30 characters. Check your math.

Grundy? I don't want to comment on it, all I know is Bane beats him pretty badly.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
30 characters. Check your math.

Grundy? I don't want to comment on it, all I know is Bane beats him pretty badly.
Lol woops :D
Why does bane beat Grundy? Tell me....
I know every counter possible for the common stupid Bane. Never played against a good Bane (since there are not so many players in the European version)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol woops :D
Why does bane beat Grundy? Tell me....
I know every counter possible for the common stupid Bane. Never played against a good Bane (since there are not so many players in the European version)
Oh god... This isn't the place for this discussion, but you can ask either forum and they can tell you.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Venom is not a move that you can react to with a jump. You have to know that it's coming. Up Venom is full combo punish regardless of whether it's MBd or not. It is a invulnerable wake up move, so he does have options when he wakes up. DD really doesn't care about runaway and zoning for the most parts except against Superman and Black Adam due to his amazing dash and trait. He's definitely not a top 10 character, but he is definitely in the argument for 11-15.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Venom is not a move that you can react to with a jump. You have to know that it's coming. Up Venom is full combo punish regardless of whether it's MBd or not. It is a invulnerable wake up move, so he does have options when he wakes up. DD really doesn't care about runaway and zoning for the most parts except against Superman and Black Adam due to his amazing dash and trait. He's definitely not a top 10 character, but he is definitely in the argument for 11-15.
Up venom? No, Bane can standing 2 it pretty easily. He can f.1 it too.
Also from the ranges where MB venom becomes a necessity, yes you can jump it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
We are talking about his viability as a top 15 character. One MU isn't going to dictate that.
Let me put it this way.. Bane, a character with overall the 2nd slowest moveset in the game, can poke him out of it. Don't even get me started on characters like Batman or WW who can do it into full combo punishes.

Also having a 10-0 MU against you WOULD dictate your placement, as would a 1-9. Not saying he has any, but MUs do matter, even if its just one.

RM Truth

Let me put it this way.. Bane, a character with overall the 2nd slowest moveset in the game, can poke him out of it. Don't even get me started on characters like Batman or WW who can do it into full combo punishes.

Anyone can full combo punish it on block. That doesn't take away from it's viability as a wake up. The only question you need to ask yourself with how good a wake up is is does it make my opponent stop to respect it. The fact that it is punishable just means that you need to use it more sparingly.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Anyone can full combo punish it on block. That doesn't take away from it's viability as a wake up. The only question you need to ask yourself with how good a wake up is is does it make my opponent stop to respect it. The fact that it is punishable just means that you need to use it more sparingly.
Not on block. I'm talking mid-animation. As in he is going up, and then they smack him on the nose and tell him no with a 40% combo.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Theres tons of consequences for using venom DP. Its not hard to beat it, but its not always efficient and that's why he is top 15.

DD using MB venom works when theres something he needs to so desperately armor through that he cant do it otherwise. It can still be parried, it can still be broken, Grundy doesn't have to care, Its not like you can't jump it, and he needs the meter to actually do some form of half decent damage.

DD being bottom 15 is a generous estimate considering theres only 30 characters. Him being in the top 20 with no wake-up invuln, everything being parried, and him getting checked and zoned by Supes harder than Bane does isn't likely to happen when you consider he has to use the same tools we've fought against for 6 mos. straight.

Its what the characters have and lack. Perspective has nothing to do with it.
lol you're so lost its great.

You only know your own character and how he beats others

You have no other perspective.

You keep proving my point by trying to prove yours.

RM Truth

Because it doesn't? I can make you a video, but from like Bane's f.2.d range you can just slap him out of anything he tries to do, since ES won't reach and Supernova is supernova. Its not even a hard timing.

That still sounds like Bane specific tech. Are you armored? Bane's normals are probably meaty enough that he can do something like that. Not everyone has normals with those kind of active frames, certainly not Batman. Even if they could no one in their right mind would try to meaty Up Venom, cuz if they time it wrong, then they eat it, and DD is under control. If DD chooses to not Up Venom, then they eat a full combo if they're meaty isn't safe.