What's new

General/Other Patch 1.03 Aquaman Nerf Discussion

Vagrant

Noob
I'm jumping on that Sinestro bandwagon..
Everyone is.

I'm gonna hit the lab with him more but I won't be using him in tourney. Definitely going to study this matchup more seriously now though. I thought it was pretty even before. It looks like it could be a bit of a mismatch for DS now.

I honestly don't think these nerfs are so bad...the trait nerf is pretty fair, and b1,2xxToss was already punishable by some characters so I haven't personally been doing it much. I will miss Rush's crazy chip, but they didn't touch his good buttons, great fast anti-air, and ability to nab 35-42% damage from almost any situation off one bar.

He might drop a bit, some matchups might get a little worse, but he'll still be top 10 at the end of the day.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Everyone is.

I'm gonna hit the lab with him more but I won't be using him in tourney. Definitely going to study this matchup more seriously now though. I thought it was pretty even before. It looks like it could be a bit of a mismatch for DS now.
It is now undoubtedly 6-4 sinestro IMO

Potentially 6-4 before

Clamper

Noob
Oh and btw, these aquaman nerfs were NEEDED and don't ruin the character at all.
Thing is he's nerf and other characters get away with murder.

Im saying fuck this and jumping on Superman bandwagon, DC wont allow them to nerf their main star.

JRosa21

Noob

Im saying fuck this and jumping on Superman bandwagon, DC wont allow them to nerf their main star.
I agree, not saying other characters don't need nerfs, but this one was among the ones that did.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not a big deal, his trait needed a nerf and the trident rush was never supposed to do so much chip, apparently it never changed from beta. The only "significant" nerf is scoop being more punishable, which sucks. He's still top tier though, this won't change his placement.
LBSH

the trident scoop "punish" is still ..... ntohing... considering his trait covers his ass.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I was expecting trait to be heavily nerfed to once per round or something. I don't get these changes.

Aquaman will still blow up low/mid tier chars. Now he will just have a lot more trouble against top tier since his main 2 offensive options (50/50 and chip) are nerfed. Not sure why they just wouldn't just nerf the trait badly, aquaman's 50/50 game was good but didn't hold a candle to a lot of other chars. Now that both of his 50/50 options are punishable I think he will have a hard time getting damage against.

MrAvA

Smashing.

Good luck, You can get a away with a few wins with scrubs but know that F23 will not save you. The people will eventually learn and then will stop complaining about it. Here a new tech I discover that will beat superman's string and its call "d1", you can also bask dash but that might be too much. I know it might be too hard for you but practice and you'll be fine.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I was expecting trait to be heavily nerfed to once per round or something. I don't get these changes.

Aquaman will still blow up low/mid tier chars. Now he will just have a lot more trouble against top tier since his main 2 offensive options (50/50 and chip) are nerfed. Not sure why they just wouldn't just nerf the trait badly, aquaman's 50/50 game was good but didn't hold a candle to a lot of other chars. Now that both of his 50/50 options are punishable I think he will have a hard time getting damage against.
Dizzy gets it. Why can't everybody else?

This "Brady Curse" is annoying. Any character he picks gets hit hard.

but trident rush is now useless. why would u ever use it? it does no more chip and it doesnt lead to combo on hit. i guess aquaman is now reduced to just doing b12 since every thing else is so -frames. and how is aquaman suppose to beat killer forst now? i bet she punish scoop with slide for no effort
Trident Rush was not meant to be a chip dmg tool. It's a spacing tool, you can d1, trident rush and push people out and if you read more d1 spam you MB it for significant damage.

Clamper

Noob
Good luck, You can get a away with a few wins with scrubs but know that F23 will not save you. The people will eventually learn and then will stop complaining about it. Here a new tech I discover that will beat superman's string and its call "d1", you can also bask dash but that might be too much. I know it might be too hard for you but practice and you'll be fine.
Who said i'd be even half screen near you mister ?