What's new

General/Other Patch 1.03 Aquaman Nerf Discussion

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'm annoyed with the chip damage nerf. Like really really annoyed. I mean he will still be good, but I based a lot of my game around that chip. I may be going to shazam, I see a lot of potential in that character.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
aquaman doesnt do 80% combos like superman. aquaman cant kill u for free when u have low health like black adam can. aquaman cant break armor like superman. aquaman cant fly full screen to in ur face at +frames like black adam can with dive kick. black adam punishable? xD good one. black adam is safe on almost every thing and +frames to boot. superman punishable? now u must be trolling. superman is +frames on almost every thing cause of breath.
This is incorrect. Most of what Superman has is unsafe on block.

Clamper

Noob
Then you will have to be cautious against Green Lantern. Nothing wrong with that.
Actually he always punished scoop with reversal lantern's might. And actually a lot of characters could punish it with reversal moves. Now they felt MORE people needed to punish. This move might be useless now in neutral game depending on how much it's - now.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Actually he always punished scoop with reversal lantern's might. And actually a lot of characters could punish it with reversal moves. Now they felt MORE people needed to punish. This move might be useless now in neutral game depending on how much it's - now.
It's still a 50/50 at this current point in time. In the future the overheads will be scoutable, but until then it's still usable. Most Aquamen have learned to hit confirm before throwing it out. It also eats a lot of people wakeups.

It's still a useful tool, you can still trait it to make it completely safe.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
The only real nerf is scoop being more punishable and you always have the trait to cover your bad read, relax please. Initially I thought the scoop nerf very ridiculous, but after hitting the lab before download the patch I saw that it was necessary. Now you can't throw out mindless mixups, you need to do a better reading and it's fine.

coolwhip

Noob
Yeah you're right, Trident Rush is completely useless because it does less chip (which you seem to mistake for doing NO chip). The fact that on hit, it can be meter burned to take a whopping 28% (for ONE SPECIAL MOVE) is irrelevant. Yes, useless. Why would you use it?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yeah you're right, Trident Rush is completely useless because it does less chip (which you seem to mistake for doing NO chip). The fact that on hit, it can be meter burned to take a whopping 28% (for ONE SPECIAL MOVE) is irrelevant. Yes, useless. Why would you use it?
And it's still hard for a lot of the cast to properly punish. Useless.

Clamper

Noob
The only real nerf is scoop being more punishable and you always have the trait to cover your bad read, relax please. Initially I thought the scoop nerf very ridiculous, but after hitting the lab before download the patch I saw that it was necessary. Now you can't throw out mindless mixups, you need to do a better reading and it's fine.
I'd completly agree with this ... if they had nerfed other stupid characters like Superman and Green Lantern properly. If they want to make a fair game dont make some characters fair and leave others stupid the way they were. Im much more annoyed at the nerfs Superman and GL had than Aquaman's.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I'd completly agree with this ... if they had nerfed other stupid characters like Superman and Green Lantern properly. If they want to make a fair game dont make some characters fair and leave others stupid the way they were. Im much more annoyed at the nerfs Superman and GL had than Aquaman's.
I also think that other characters with stupid features could be nerfed, or give tools to bottom tiers to deal with them. But this is the first patch with significant changes, not the last. Be patient, let the game develop calmly before it becomes a new MK9.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Are Aquaman players really complaining because of these nerfs? GTFO, " oh no scoop is more punishable so now I actually have to make reads!". Seriously get a grip, this character has the most simple and BEST offense in the game and now it's a problem because your LOW COMBO STARTER is more punishable, it's supposed to be. this character is top 3 and was fairly nerfed and still is top 3.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Okay for one... they didn't touch GL and two WTF DOES GL NEED NERFED? Please let me know.

jimzam

Noob
Are Aquaman players really complaining because of these nerfs? GTFO, " oh no scoop is more punishable so now I actually have to make reads!". Seriously get a grip, this character has the most simple and BEST offense in the game and now it's a problem because your LOW COMBO STARTER is more punishable, it's supposed to be. this character is top 3 and was fairly nerfed and still is top 3.
top 3? have u heard of superman black adam and batman? those are the top 3. deathstroke doomsday and killer frost could be better then aquaman to. and what offense that is best offense? wtf. i guess u have never played a batman nightwing doomsday wonder woman green lantern or superman player... they all have better offense then aquaman if done right. gl can keep his safe low combo but aquaman cant? wonder woman can keep +frame low combo startrer but not aquaman? what about killer frost safe low slide? hmmm

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
The number of downplayers, maybe.
jk
GL is a well rounded character and is a nerf or buff away from going either way. He's just outside the top 5 and if nerfed in the wrong way, he'd be terrible but same goes for a buff.

He's honestly the most well rounded balanced character in the game, and shouldn't be touched in any SIGNIFICANT way.

Great Spacing tools.
Great normals.
Good Trait.
Bad BnB Damage.
Terrible meterless BnB damage.
Terrible movement.
Good Specials.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
GL is a well rounded character and is a nerf or buff away from going either way. He's just outside the top 5 and if nerfed in the wrong way, he'd be terrible but same goes for a buff.

He's honestly the most well rounded balanced character in the game, and shouldn't be touched in any SIGNIFICANT way.

Great Spacing tools.
Great normals.
Good Trait.
Bad BnB Damage.
Terrible meterless BnB damage.
Terrible movement.
Good Specials.
I will agree to this if you agree about Nightwing good sir :p

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Im not even going there. If you think he's alright then w/e. He's a horrible matchup for Aquaman btw.
Horrible? Oh please give me a break. you're clearly someone new here and doesn't understand how MUs work.

yup almost any one can beat aquaman with green lantern. this match sucks :(
Tell that to Tom Brady who won ECT using ALL Aquaman as well as beating me and KT Smith in his pool.