What's new

General/Other Patch 1.03 Aquaman Nerf Discussion

jimzam

Noob
anyone else upset to see what happened to aquaman? here are changes

Aquaman

Water of Life Character Power now lasts 2 seconds (down from 2.5) and has an 8 second cool down (increased from 7 seconds)
Increased the ability to punish a Trident Scoop (Down, Back, 1) from Aquaman when the defender blocks.
Normalized the amount of damage Aquaman inflicts on an opponent while they are blocking his Trident Rush (Down, Forward + 1)

wow! aquaman got nerfed really hard with the above. his db1 special is now going to be punished by everyone and it was already punishable by a lot of chars. his trait is now weakened and its already useless vs chars like gl killer frost raven etc. they also took away the chip on trident rush so now whats the point in using it?? gj nrs another char nerfed to the ground. what happened to the no nerfs only buffs hector said?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Not a big deal, his trait needed a nerf and the trident rush was never supposed to do so much chip, apparently it never changed from beta. The only "significant" nerf is scoop being more punishable, which sucks. He's still top tier though, this won't change his placement.

jimzam

Noob
Not a big deal, his trait needed a nerf and the trident rush was never supposed to do so much chip, apparently it never changed from beta. The only "significant" nerf is scoop being more punishable, which sucks. He's still top tier though, this won't change his placement.

scoop being punishable by everyone now makes it almost useless to use outside combos. f13 and f1scoop mix up now useless cause scoop is so unsafe. trident rush needed the chip or why would u use it ever? no way is he still top tier now. thse nerfs are really big he already had a lot of tough fights before... now add even more hard matches and hes dropping low why do batman and black adam keep there broke traits but aquaman gets nerfed to depths?

Komatose

The Prettiest
scoop being punishable by everyone now makes it almost useless to use outside combos. f13 and f1scoop mix up now useless cause scoop is so unsafe. trident rush needed the chip or why would u use it ever? no way is he still top tier now. thse nerfs are really big he already had a lot of tough fights before... now add even more hard matches and hes dropping low why do batman and black adam keep there broke traits but aquaman gets nerfed to depths?
There is no way in God's name you are not trolling...
dont u have any thing better to do then hate and troll aquaman forums? mods?
I'm not trolling. My opinion is you're dumb. Problem? Too bad. Aquaman is still godly. Did you even read the notes correctly?

jimzam

Noob
What the fuck. He's fine. Aquaman is one of my most-used characters right now, trust me, if I thought this would affect him greatly I would be bitching.
no hes not fine. aquaman keeps all his losing mus he had before but now he gets even more with these nerfs. why did batman black adam and superman not get nerfed to the ground like aquaman? <<<< someone please answer that

Komatose

The Prettiest
no hes not fine. aquaman keeps all his losing mus he had before but now he gets even more with these nerfs. why did batman black adam and superman not get nerfed to the ground like aquaman? <<<< someone please answer that
Black Adam and Superman can't break combos without using meter or clashing. Black Adam and Superman don't do the most ridiculous chip in the game. Black Adam and Superman can get punished just like anyone else. You are mad because now you can't throw out mindless mixups? Get real.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Well uh, it's not like they're done patching the game. Does Batman even need nerfs...? Black Adam isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be outside of his mobility and damage. The only nerf he should get, if any, is a little bit more recovery on his divekick. I'll admit Superman is a pain in the ass, though.

jimzam

Noob
Black Adam and Superman can't break combos without using meter or clashing. Black Adam and Superman don't do the most ridiculous chip in the game. Black Adam and Superman can get punished just like anyone else. You are mad because now you can't throw out mindless mixups? Get real.
aquaman doesnt do 80% combos like superman. aquaman cant kill u for free when u have low health like black adam can. aquaman cant break armor like superman. aquaman cant fly full screen to in ur face at +frames like black adam can with dive kick. black adam punishable? xD good one. black adam is safe on almost every thing and +frames to boot. superman punishable? now u must be trolling. superman is +frames on almost every thing cause of breath.

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
Actually a majority of the cast couldn't punish scoop well. Yeah it was negative but it had enough pushback to make that not a problem. Even so you can throw it out and trait and you are still safe. The trait cooldown and duration was not even decreased enough to be a problem either. No matter how you look at it he is still extremely good.

Komatose

The Prettiest
aquaman doesnt do 80% combos like superman. aquaman cant kill u for free when u have low health like black adam can. aquaman cant break armor like superman. aquaman fly full screen to in ur face at +frames like black adam can with dive kick. black adam punishable? xD good one. black adam is safe on almost every thing and +frames to boot. superman punishable? now u must be trolling. superman is +frames on almost every thing cause of breath.
Well then I guess you have to give a little, don't you, whiny scrub?
ok ignored bye
Bye. Have fun with your imaginary shit fish character.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
question. do u even play aquaman?
I play Aquaman a lot and I hardly think this nerf will hurt him. I mean the chip from Trident Rush will be missed... but whatever. The trait nerf is so insignificant. The scoop nerf is the only detrimental one... even then it isn't as bad as it could have been. :16Bit

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Having both the scoop and the chip on trident nerfed sucks:/ Now I can't do the trident to stay safe and still do chip. I agree that it could have been worse, and I think Aquaman will stay a good character, but I get kind of bitter when I see other really good characters avoid the nerf hammer:p