What's new

General/Other Patch 1.03 Aquaman Nerf Discussion

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
no hes not fine. aquaman keeps all his losing mus he had before but now he gets even more with these nerfs. why did batman black adam and superman not get nerfed to the ground like aquaman? <<<< someone please answer that
aquaman doesnt do 80% combos like superman. aquaman cant kill u for free when u have low health like black adam can. aquaman cant break armor like superman. aquaman cant fly full screen to in ur face at +frames like black adam can with dive kick. black adam punishable? xD good one. black adam is safe on almost every thing and +frames to boot. superman punishable? now u must be trolling. superman is +frames on almost every thing cause of breath.
You must be stupid. What 80 percent combo's with Superman? Those were already impractical to do in real matches. Now his damage has been nerfed to hell. Next time please read the WHOLE patch notes. Fool.

And please don't start with the F23 SB bullS*&t.

MrAvA

Smashing.
Who said i'd be even half screen near you mister ?
You air dash beam I block low then dash in twice, You have meter then low high then dash once. Eye laser then jump in, Heat zap duck then dash. You think your using my main's strength but you forget your the guy who's joining the bandwagon and have no idea of his weakness. Why don't you just pick a character you like and set the foundation instead of dick riding because you think superman is unstoppable.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
There should be a rule that if you play Adam, superman, frost, or batman you should not be able to come onto the threads and taunt people who got their char nerfed in this patch.
You don't think Superman was nerfed then?

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I'm annoyed with the chip damage nerf. Like really really annoyed. I mean he will still be good, but I based a lot of my game around that chip. I may be going to shazam, I see a lot of potential in that character.
I sure hope you don't miss Aquaman's d2 or b12.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
From 80 in the corner to mid 70......

Poor superman
I want to see anybody land that "80 now 70" percent in the corner. Btw it starts with a heatzap (Superman's slowest starting special which can't be hitconfirmed.)

And to address your following post about the real problem.. You know what? I will stop here to avoid 2 or 3 pages of pointless discussion about that F23 SB. Some people hate it while others don't. I think it's nothing to cry about especially now with Superman's damage nerf. Let's agree to disagree.

Aquaman is still the same. He is really good.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Nah man, his completely fuzzyable "mixup" is now unsafe and his trait that's either a free burst or useless depending on the matchup now takes an entire second more to recharge (In other words, it's a very poorly designed trait to begin with). Bottom tier trash alongside a character with the best dash in the game, fantastic AAs and an oki mixup that literally forces you to wakeup or take 40% into the same mixup if he has meter (I'm talking about Lobo). Sometimes I wonder if half the people on this site even understand how other characters actually work.

Also compare this to WW, whose BnB was accidentally removed from the game rofl.

Currently at the office (yes I am on TYM at work :p). Does anyone have the Frame Data difference for the Trident Scoop? I believe before it was -22 (although it felt like it was -15). What is it now?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
aquaman mirror changes now because you can punish scoop w/reversal ground trident. single hit launch...

aquaman is technically nerfed but he is just different now rather than "nerfed to the ground".
Tom would have Won ECT the same way with or without these nerfs

Aquaman is still really good

Quit bitching. If you using scoop as a block string you deserve to get punished.
Learn to hit confirm.

and Cat said it best.

There is no reason to cry when you character stays good but becomes fair. The balance changes are still happening, this is not the last patch so Aquaman players need to stop pointing to other characters who have not been touched yet.

These changes to Aquaman were how how was INTENDED to be and not as the result of any crying from the community. He wasn't nerfed, he was adjusted to play as he was originally designed to play from the start.

AAAANNDDD... NO.. the F+13~scoop is not a meaningless setup now. YES.. you have to YOLO the scoop to get it to combo, but why scoop? Versus the characters that already punished scoop like Superman I would F+13.. CONFIRM the 3 hit.. then MB ground trident and dash in for a combo. There are other alternatives to just throwing out scoop...

Clamper

Noob
How - you think he is now on blocked scoop Tom Brady ? And how are we going to combo from B2 if we cant confirm it on scoop because the cancel window after the hit is ass ?