What's new

Online play is useful to an extent

SANS POWER

Banned
I'm sorry, I missed the part where, "Online play is useful to an extent," meant "Discuss online tactics," and agree that they are valid.

A positive discussion is encouraged, but it seems that correcting you obviously hit a nerve. Relax, guy.

The thread was to discuss how online was useful to an extent, and we cleared the air a few pages back already.

Discussing Lag-Tactics is the opposite of online being useful. Understanding how something works online simply will not help you in an offline tournament.

Other than that, I suggest you do relax when you make a post.
You didn't hit a nerve chief, I'm just simply talking about a tactic that is useful to an extent online, remember? I'll be at the next tourney, maybe I can "flame-bait" some talented xbox live players into going to your guy's tournaments when they see mine and IGB's name on the brackets.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Rob its all good my dude, we will play in person. 3 weeks.
I look foward to it dude. Did you see my post on the previous page? The one you quoted here wasnt directed at you.
I think you will see what I was initially trying to say better after reading that one.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
You didn't hit a nerve chief, I'm just simply talking about a tactic that is useful to an extent online, remember? I'll be at the next tourney, maybe I can "flame-bait" some talented xbox live players into going to your guy's tournaments when they see mine and IGB's name on the brackets.
I didnt understand some of this post. But for what its worth, I will look forward to seeing you play on the stream.

If you get some more players to attend the tournament, then kuddos to you, buddy.

MRIGOTBASS

He's my cousin, he was just messing around.
When we are at the tourney I am going to throw a Mame PC into a shower and hopefully Flame-Bait a few of the unhygenic heads into the shower. That way I dont spend the week of the 16-23rd laid up with the swine flu like last time :)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
When we are at the tourney I am going to throw a Mame PC into a shower and hopefully Flame-Bait a few of the unhygenic heads into the shower. That way I dont spend the week of the 16-23rd laid up with the swine flu like last time :)
What kind of tournaments do you go to? Sounds horrible.

East Coast players stink I suppose. :)

Dark_Rob

Noob
What kind of tournaments do you go to? Sounds horrible.

East Coast players stink I suppose. :)
Hes right actually Bone. In all the tournies Ive been to there has been a noticable "wall of funk". Some veteran tourny players told me that some people actually do this on purpose in an effort to throw there opponents off there game by using they're stink to get an edge. I kid you not.

SANS POWER

Banned
I'm going to the tourney with a SARS mask and a bottle of Elmers glue, lmao!!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hes right actually Bone. In all the tournies Ive been to there has been a noticable "wall of funk". Some veteran tourny players told me that some people actually do this on purpose in an effort to throw there opponents off there game by using they're stink to get an edge. I kid you not.
What the fuck? lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Why do people assume that tournaments must always consist of only top players in droves? Even in a SSF4 tournament with 256 players, maybe the top 16 are extremely good. I don't play SF games like a lot of these players do and I never place dead last in tournaments. 200,000 gamertags, and about 0.001% are decent players. Now we're down to 200 players worth mentioning, not to mention what percentage of those 200K are not doubles. You get 4 good players at a UMK3 tournament, and you got 2% of all the mentionable players lol. This is why more players need to open their eyes to UMK3 and attend tournament instead of jaw jacking on message boards about how well they would or should have done in a tournament. Bass, at NEC you placed exactly the highest I expected you to based on your playing style. I'm a very forthcoming person and I'm honest about what I see. I think if you continue to come to tournaments you will improve your game and start placing higher as you go. This coming tournament will about double the decent players NEC had so you should definitely practice online if that's where you like to get your practice in.

Sans, I will ask the other members in this thread what they think about a comment like "I've played 20,000 matches on XBL" and what it means to them. To me it means close to nothing. You could play another 2 million online matches and it's never going to completely prepare you for an offline tournament experience. You have no idea how many matches I've put in vs players in person over the years, at arcades when I was a teenager, and even in the last 8 or so years. This is why I want you guys to come out. That's two more players every time. I know what types of players you can beat, you might beat by chance, and you can't beat just from watching. For example, and I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but there was no way Bass would have beaten Joe at NEC, because he was not prepared in the long term, or the short term the day of (which is on some level a more important factor), and Joe probably has far, far fewer total matches under his belt than most people who want to believe they play competitively. Joe doesn't play online and hasn't in years so far as I know. So really, don't compare thousands of matches online and say it speaks for itself. I want you guys there, I'll play you in some two on one matches, I really can't wait because I'm going to have fun.

I remember a guy a few years ago who had something like 25,000 matches under his belt for UMK3 in the first 10 months it was out, and using Kabal, he couldn't beat me using the lowest tier characters. 25K in 10 months is a lot of matches. That's over 600 hours worth of play time, almost a month total. 1/10 of his life was spent playing UMK3 that year, and he still placed bottom half or lower.

Also REO, I'll add you to the UMK3 list.

SANS POWER

Banned
Sans, I will ask the other members in this thread what they think about a comment like "I've played 20,000 matches on XBL" and what it means to them. To me it means close to nothing. You could play another 2 million online matches and it's never going to completely prepare you for an offline tournament experience. You have no idea how many matches I've put in vs players in person over the years, at arcades when I was a teenager, and even in the last 8 or so years. This is why I want you guys to come out. That's two more players every time. I know what types of players you can beat, you might beat by chance, and you can't beat just from watching. For example, and I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but there was no way Bass would have beaten Joe at NEC, because he was not prepared in the long term, or the short term the day of (which is on some level a more important factor), and Joe probably has far, far fewer total matches under his belt than most people who want to believe they play competitively. Joe doesn't play online and hasn't in years so far as I know. So really, don't compare thousands of matches online and say it speaks for itself. I want you guys there, I'll play you in some two on one matches, I really can't wait because I'm going to have fun.
I never said or meant by playing 20k matches that it gives me the experience to play offline at tournaments. You're misconstruing my comment, by that I meant this. I'm able to run into people online more than you are, especially nowadays and tell you about the techniques people use on XBLA or Kaillera. I never meant in anyway that because I've played 20K matches that I could win a tournament, at all. I never even thought that in my head, my point was the fact you may not know so much about techniques people use online. I'm sure you know about a ton of tricks, but you've sat here and debated over a remark I made that no one here can say is untrue, it's fact. That being that a player can get use to lag and use that to his advantage over someone who isn't use to lag. Therefore a aaRH isn't hard to them like it is to someone like you who plays online and isn't use to lag like they are.

I'm excited for this tournament, I feel that I can place in the top 5. I've seen your guy's playing style and I'm not saying it's weak, but I'm just saying I see how you guys play. I'm not saying nobody there is going to be a threat, just the fact I've watched videos and my main thing is I'm able to adapt to playing styles. I just gotta make sure that when I go, I get a few casuals and that's why I'm hoping to play IGB so I can get use to the speed of Kaillera.

Hope to play you there Shock, maybe you'll see my name at 1st place at my MK tournament debut. You think that would EWAShock the MK community on these forums?

Noob
@phil - i know what you mean about those people with weightless egos. ive ran into a ton of them online who think theyre the shit because they get 1 win then run. so i 100% agree with what youre saying and was just making sure you guys didnt get the wrong impression of me. and thanks for the kind words, ill make sure to be free that day, i really want to see how i fair in a real umk3 tournament.
REO, man am I glad you're coming to the tournament. You may have to crash at my place or Rob's place the night before though, because we're leaving my place at like 7am the latest. PM me your phone number later so I can contact you and get things in order.

Looks like my car may be full... if everyone who says they are going actually follows through, my car will have Me, Rob, REO and LI Maverick...

We should get that group together for some casuals on the stream soon. =)

MRIGOTBASS

Why do people assume that tournaments must always consist of only top players in droves? Even in a SSF4 tournament with 256 players, maybe the top 16 are extremely good. I don't play SF games like a lot of these players do and I never place dead last in tournaments. 200,000 gamertags, and about 0.001% are decent players. Now we're down to 200 players worth mentioning, not to mention what percentage of those 200K are not doubles. You get 4 good players at a UMK3 tournament, and you got 2% of all the mentionable players lol. This is why more players need to open their eyes to UMK3 and attend tournament instead of jaw jacking on message boards about how well they would or should have done in a tournament. Bass, at NEC you placed exactly the highest I expected you to based on your playing style. I'm a very forthcoming person and I'm honest about what I see. I think if you continue to come to tournaments you will improve your game and start placing higher as you go. This coming tournament will about double the decent players NEC had so you should definitely practice online if that's where you like to get your practice in.

I remember a guy a few years ago who had something like 25,000 matches under his belt for UMK3 in the first 10 months it was out, and using Kabal, he couldn't beat me using the lowest tier characters. 25K in 10 months is a lot of matches. That's over 600 hours worth of play time, almost a month total. 1/10 of his life was spent playing UMK3 that year, and he still placed bottom half or lower.

Also REO, I'll add you to the UMK3 list.
You have your opinion of my gameplay, I have mine of yours as well. I will reserve mine as it really doesn't matter and will considered "Flame Baiting". You bring your A game and I will bring mine and we will just leave it at that.

Shock don't sit here and tell me about I placed where you thought I would. LOL. If you remember I didnt even register under my real name I registered under "Fat Jerry", and did'nt even tell you who I was until I left. So don't hand me that bullshit. I never made mention that I was coming and you had never met me prior. You certainatly didnt form your opinion over the 3 casual games I played prior to starting the tournament,, as I babied Richarded 3 in a row. I am sure your going to try to worm your way out of this one my twisting some shit around, but save it I don't care. And please I hope the jaw jacking comment wasn't directed toward me, you met me do I seem like the kind of person that would reserve his words for behind a monitor?

I personally believe that your outlook is skewed as hell on a ton of stuff. I personally belive that no matter what anyone else says, no matter what opinion anyone else has your "How dare you question the master" , or "Are you challanging my knowledge" attitude shines through. You have your core group of Shock dickriders, that will dickeat every single word you say, I am not one of them. I have my own voice as well as others on here and other forums do as well.

I cannot wait to play you as well, you see I have nothing to lose, you do. Imagine the aftermath if Sans P and IGB whooped your ass all over the board, you have no "Netplay" security blanket to crawl under at that point of time. Don't underestimate the dogs my man, I think you will be very suprised.

Nothing personal, all in the spirit of good competition.

IGB

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Everyone stick to the topic, if you wanna talk about the tournament and hype it up, do so in the tournament thread here: http://mortalkombatempires.com/forum/showthread.php?914-GVN-Summer-Jam-August-14th-and-15th-Philadelphia-PA! -- Good luck to all who enter, just don't let Joe win this time!

This thread is for the extent of how much online play is useful for preparing you for an offline match. Lag tactics are the complete opposite and will hinder your performance offline if you use them. If you want to make predictions on how you will do in the SJ tournament, as I said do so in the thread I posted above.

Any posts about Summer Jam will be moved to the Summer Jam thread.

--------------

My general point from this discussion. You can gain general knowledge and match-up experience online in good connections. When there's lag or delay, it's basically useless to play in and the only reason to play in that is just to mess around and have fun. If you're good at adapting and adjusting, it can make the conversion to offline easier. It depends on the player and how they play. Online matches are and will always be casual matches. You should only be playing online to gain experience and practice, or just to have fun. If you're playing online to prove something, the only person you're proving it to is yourself and even then it's to gain a false sense of satisfaction or victory. The only place you can prove yourself is offline at tournaments.\

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
MRIGOTBASS said:
Shock don't sit here and tell me about I placed where you thought I would. LOL."
The real "LOL" here is, my comment totally went over your head and your deduction is based upon your own guilt. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with who you were, but how you were playing then and there. Bass, you placed where I thought you would based on what I saw from you before and during your first matches of the tournament. I do this with ALL new players. I never saw Rich play before or knew who he was, and I expected him to place at least top 4 based on how he played offline and the other players there, and the only reason you beat him was because he didn't "show his hand" just as you said you didn't want to do before. If you beat him in casuals, and lost to him in tournament, and you were both online players, it's a wash right? Well no, because you lost to him where it counted. That's just how it is. Hopefully you both learned something, I know Rich did.

So don't think that I'm saying I knew who you were, but Rich knew exactly who you were. I don't make things up. I don't front. I don't pretend. I am a straight shooter. I have a reason for everything I say, in and out of MK. I don't base players off netplay, which is why I just ignore it. Had I known who you were, I still wouldn't have known how you played before because it would have been based from netplay, I would have waited to see you in person. I evaluated you because I had a feeling you were a ringer or a shark to some extent based on your demeanor, and then you wound up placing exactly at the top of my estimation, which is a good thing. Not everyone shows up to their first tournament and walks out better than 0 and 2.

SANS POWER said:
I'm able to run into people online more than you are
Again, this doesn't mean anything to me. "20,000 vs 5000 speaks for itself" if it doesn't mean what it sounds like, they what does it mean? What it means to me is you played 20,000 people in a less accurate representation of the game than originally intended. There are no players who frequent Live anymore who would help me get better even if I played them in person, so practicing my existing tactics and timing online is 100% worthless to me, and will damage my offline play, which is infinitely more important since I compete offline. Even if I could play other top players all the time, it wouldn't help any of us to do so. Someone like Phil could benefit to an extent against me online, but it would only hurt my gameplay. Eventually it would even out and we'd have to take it to offline for the matches to make a difference again, and he'd have to catch up again. This is why we play in person. I can bet there are netplayers out there who live within a half hour of each other and would rather play online than meet up. It's just a personality profile that exists for online gamers, but not true fighting game players. The average fighting game player craves the experience of one on one in person competition, this is why the average MK player doesn't match up to the average fighting game player, since the overall desire from the community is not present, but being instilled by the growing groups of players and potential multi-regional activity. They thrive on it. FPS players are far less likely to desire meeting others in person, but they still do.

MRIGOTBASS said:
I personally believe that your outlook is skewed as hell on a ton of stuff. I personally belive that no matter what anyone else says, no matter what opinion anyone else has your "How dare you question the master" , or "Are you challanging my knowledge" attitude shines through. You have your core group of Shock dickriders, that will dickeat every single word you say, I am not one of them. I have my own voice as well as others on here and other forums do as well.
When someone deliberately contradicts facts because they want to feel better about their gameplay (personal gain and clouded judgment), I will lay all my cards on the table and say it's a cop out. Sans Power is wrong about a point he's trying to make, and there are plenty of other points he could make, and be right about, but he's focusing on something he's 100% WRONG about. There is no skewing on my part, I know more about the game than he does, this is something you both will have to accept even though you don't like it and at the same time would most likely be critical of that same point.

I would like you to point out where I am skewing anything, that isn't a matter of "Well I'm gonna break the 'status quo' and disagree with Shock because I can." No one on this board, or ANY MK board needs my help to correct him, I just happen to be one of the first. In case you didn't realize, Juggernaut and I are not exactly cozy, and we are both saying the same thing to the same guy. So stop living in your dramatic fantasy world of oppression from the might of Shock, because it doesn't exist. Your stomach should jump when you realize just how far off you were on your accusation that I thought I knew who you were. You couldn't be more wrong and this is exactly the kind of thing I talk about. You don't ask questions, you make accusations, and I've seen it happen time and time again from different players. The fact of the matter is, most of these players understand the situation because they play on and offline against multiple players of different levels on a consistent basis, and they aren't going to disagree with me on this because they know I'm right based on their own knowledge. The base of comparison exists for them, it doesn't for you, at least not anymore, you could have very well played the Hell out of UMK3 in arcades, but clearly, you don't play like you did.

SANS POWER

Banned
"I'm able to run into people online more than you are"

Again, this doesn't mean anything to me. "20,000 vs 5000 speaks for itself" if it doesn't mean what it sounds like, they what does it mean? What it means to me is you played 20,000 people in a less accurate representation of the game than originally intended. There are no players who frequent Live anymore who would help me get better even if I played them in person, so practicing my existing tactics and timing online is 100% worthless to me, and will damage my offline play, which is infinitely more important since I compete offline. Even if I could play other top players all the time, it wouldn't help any of us to do so. Someone like Phil could benefit to an extent against me online, but it would only hurt my gameplay. Eventually it would even out and we'd have to take it to offline for the matches to make a difference again, and he'd have to catch up again. This is why we play in person. I can bet there are netplayers out there who live within a half hour of each other and would rather play online than meet up. It's just a personality profile that exists for online gamers, but not true fighting game players. The average fighting game player craves the experience of one on one in person competition, this is why the average MK player doesn't match up to the average fighting game player, since the overall desire from the community is not present, but being instilled by the growing groups of players and potential multi-regional activity. They thrive on it. FPS players are far less likely to desire meeting others in person, but they still do.

When someone deliberately contradicts facts because they want to feel better about their gameplay (personal gain and clouded judgment), I will lay all my cards on the table and say it's a cop out. Sans Power is wrong about a point he's trying to make, and there are plenty of other points he could make, and be right about, but he's focusing on something he's 100% WRONG about. There is no skewing on my part, I know more about the game than he does, this is something you both will have to accept even though you don't like it and at the same time would most likely be critical of that same point.

I would like you to point out where I am skewing anything, that isn't a matter of "Well I'm gonna break the 'status quo' and disagree with Shock because I can." No one on this board, or ANY MK board needs my help to correct him, I just happen to be one of the first. In case you didn't realize, Juggernaut and I are not exactly cozy, and we are both saying the same thing to the same guy. So stop living in your dramatic fantasy world of oppression from the might of Shock, because it doesn't exist. Your stomach should jump when you realize just how far off you were on your accusation that I thought I knew who you were. You couldn't be more wrong and this is exactly the kind of thing I talk about. You don't ask questions, you make accusations, and I've seen it happen time and time again from different players. The fact of the matter is, most of these players understand the situation because they play on and offline against multiple players of different levels on a consistent basis, and they aren't going to disagree with me on this because they know I'm right based on their own knowledge. The base of comparison exists for them, it doesn't for you, at least not anymore, you could have very well played the Hell out of UMK3 in arcades, but clearly, you don't play like you did.
I'm not trying to compete with your MK knowledge of the game, I'll flat out tell you that you know more about the game than I do. No one is going to argue that, not me, not IGB, no one. The fact is this, I don't care to know about the Frame-rates and the sprites and 1/6 chances you'll get when you try to punish an opponent after a recovery rate or whatever you guys talk. The comment about "20,000 vs 2,000 games" is not an insult to you or your talent of the game. It's just me commenting on the fact I'm on live more than you and run into more players, sometimes with lag than you do and that's because you choose not to play the game online. 100% of the time I play UMK3 it's online, well at least so far, so basically I run into more online players than you do and I was trying to talk about a tactic that is more effective to a player who is use to a delayed connection.

This conversation has gone on too long and you took my comment the wrong way. Whether you or Juggernaut are on the same page or not, you're arguing a point in the wrong way. It's very easy to get use to a delayed connection, especially when you deal with it every single time you play UMK3, like the European players. UMKSFinest is a damn good player online, but the majority of players on his friend's list are from America and that's the main group of people he plays, Americans. His timing has adjusted to a delayed connection, there's no ifs ands or buts about it, whether you want to admit it or not. I simply made a valid point that if you're use to a delayed connection, that a aaRH wouldn't be as hard as you may think it is. Especially when you're playing up against someone who isn't use to lag, that's it...

I'm not insulting your intelligence, your knowledge of the game, your skills in MK, or your moonsault for that matter. I was just trying to make a point about players who are a custom to lag, sorry if somewhere you felt offended. Like I said, I got nothing but respect for you and can't wait to meet you and play you in person. It's going to be tons of fun and I'd like to do it again when I get back from boot camp next year, hopefully UMK3 will continue to be played along with Mortal Kombat 2011.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Whether you or Juggernaut are on the same page or not, you're arguing a point in the wrong way. It's very easy to get use to a delayed connection, especially when you deal with it every single time you play UMK3, like the European players. UMKSFinest is a damn good player online, but the majority of players on his friend's list are from America and that's the main group of people he plays, Americans. His timing has adjusted to a delayed connection, there's no ifs ands or buts about it, whether you want to admit it or not. I simply made a valid point that if you're use to a delayed connection, that a aaRH wouldn't be as hard as you may think it is. Especially when you're playing up against someone who isn't use to lag, that's it...
Players adapt to lag and delay differently from one another. DC HUSTLE is probably the best player at playing in delay. It's because he can adapt to the connection, probably because he's played over 70,000 matches on XBL. So I see your point from that aspect. But ILLEGAL EAGLE who's played over 85,000+ matches is terrible in delay. He's not that great in general, but he's said that he cannot adapt to delay. He even boots people from his lobby if they don't have green ping.

Regarding myself, I don't play in terribly delayed games a lot. The most delay I have is actually with you. It's why we got into the arguments we did, we both had terrible delay. When I run into someone that I have a bad connection with, I leave after one or two games. There's absolutely no benefit from playing in delay or lag.

Someone adapting to the bad connection is not the point though. It can be used the same online and offline. Even in the worst connections, the property of moves do not change. Someone being able to adapt to delay and do it online, doesn't mean it's an online tactic. .

hopefully UMK3 will continue to be played along with Mortal Kombat 2011.
It definitely will be.

MRIGOTBASS

The real "LOL" here is, my comment totally went over your head and your deduction is based upon your own guilt. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with who you were, but how you were playing then and there. Bass, you placed where I thought you would based on what I saw from you before and during your first matches of the tournament. I do this with ALL new players. I never saw Rich play before or knew who he was, and I expected him to place at least top 4 based on how he played offline and the other players there, and the only reason you beat him was because he didn't "show his hand" just as you said you didn't want to do before. If you beat him in casuals, and lost to him in tournament, and you were both online players, it's a wash right? Well no, because you lost to him where it counted. That's just how it is. Hopefully you both learned something, I know Rich did.

So don't think that I'm saying I knew who you were, but Rich knew exactly who you were. I don't make things up. I don't front. I don't pretend. I am a straight shooter. I have a reason for everything I say, in and out of MK. I don't base players off netplay, which is why I just ignore it. Had I known who you were, I still wouldn't have known how you played before because it would have been based from netplay, I would have waited to see you in person. I evaluated you because I had a feeling you were a ringer or a shark to some extent based on your demeanor, and then you wound up placing exactly at the top of my estimation, which is a good thing. Not everyone shows up to their first tournament and walks out better than 0 and 2.

I know Rich knew who I was cause the dude has won a total of maybe 5 games against me on XBL EVER. Don’t take my word ask him. As a matter of fact after NEC i played him online (Yea purist Shock I know it doesn’t count) dude got babied every single time we played again ask him until he blocked me and will not play again. I am not going to sit here and make excuses but look at the video at NEC and look at any other video of me playing, I was stuffed into a fuckin stinky (and yes it bothers me when I cannot breathe because the guy bending over in front of me smells like open asshole), hot ass corner of a room, drove 350 miles straight to be there at 10 am or whatever and quite frankly was a little overwhelmed at the whole scene. Put it this way if the dude shows up again Ill smash him. Period

I knew you would try to flip the shit around so I am not surprised at your novel of an answer, next time just save it brother.

Sans P is not trying to cop out. Fuck would the dude try to cop out to this: (Sorry Juggs ill take it down asap)

Flawless Babies speak for them selfs.He doesn’t get smashed by Juggs, its quite the opposite.
There is no vested intrest for him to create an argument, your ponytail must be tied too tight and is suffocating your brain to see anyone elses point other than
people who agree with you. Let that tail down son.

What he is saying is very valid. Chorizo Du, Toxic, UMK's finest, they all do the same shit, its a straight lag tactic. I don’t care if you believe it or not. If you want, sign on XBL I will have Toxic Saibot decimate you with the lag tactic and then you can make a fair assessment from that ? How’s that sound?

Dude dont flatter yourself by acting like I am breaking the status quo to disagree with you, your importance as far as I am concerned lays with umk3 players, there is no "Status Quo". LOL. Same exact shit as "Dont argue with my knowledge" I know you dedicate your life to this game I am not arguing about you knowing more about this game than me, what I am arguing about is the I played this game 100x more than you did online. I know what goes on and I know how to beat it.

I know your "Book" knowledge of this game is superb, however my friend, you want my real opinion, I don’t think your gameplay is anything special. When I met you in person you seemed like a pretty cool dude, I am not knocking you personally, however I don't think your application in the actual gameplay is up to par with your book knowledge. I give more props to that dude who whoops people asses with Kabal and a keyboard. I respect that. I respect the people that actually are good, not just knows about sprites and frames. Cause when someone’s up in your ass that shit means nothing.

Don't worry, we wil come to PHL no problem. I will foot the entire bill for Sans P if I have to so he can come. I will fly him in if I have to. Just to make this interesting.

IGB

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm saying you feel like you are breaking the status quo when you argue with me. Don't say there isn't when you claim that players will just agree with me because of who I am. That's a status quo you are creating.

You have also wasted 100 times more time than I have playing it online because it's never going to make you as good as you can be. I'm proud to not have amassed match totals on live in the 5 digit range, but I have done that against people in person. I just find it hilarious that you lost to the same guy in person that you can beat online and you think beating him online matters more, or at least enough to mention. I have played guys online and never beaten them online, but always beat them in person.

There's no rule saying that you have to take turns playing on and offline so each player can have their homefield advantage or anything, and you can play online for the rest of time, all your experience doesn't change the fact that turtling aaRH is not a lag tactic. Anyone is a fool to fall for it enough that they'll complain about it and label a netplay tactic when it's not. They are reacting based on the critical point you create. There's no "belief" involved, because it's not a matter of belief. I can't type the words slower, but I could space the letters out if need be. Y o u ' r e b o t h w r o n g. I'm not going to jump at a guy from aaRH range to begin with in that scenario, and if there's too much delay I won't play him at all. I don't even know who Chorizo Du or Toxic are.

This is another thing I find remarkable:

"I know more about the game than he does, this is something you both will have to accept even though you don't like it and at the same time would most likely be critical of that same point."

"I don't care to know about the Frame-rates and the sprites and 1/6 chances you'll get when you try to punish an opponent after a recovery rate or whatever you guys talk."

That's like commenting on what someone is talking about, and then saying "or something" when you full on know what you said is relevant, but don't want to see too interested. The fact is, you're both going to show up and lose, or not show up at all. Your transparent nonsense is going nowhere.

"I am not knocking you personally"

Both of you have taken personal shots at me, but it doesn't matter, you're going to lose.

And Jugg, I understand your online adaptation post, but my whole point all along has been, no one should have to adapt to netplay conditions.

MRIGOTBASS

Quo Buster's

The fact is, you're both going to show up and lose, or not show up at all. Both of you have taken personal shots at me, but it doesn't matter, you're going to lose.
Ok well, hopefully for your sake you don't take an L by me or Sans, cause like I said, I have nothing to lose, you may lose your "Status Quo", and as far as showing up, come on dude you already know I'm showing up and due to the fact that I'm caked up, Sans will also be showing up. :)

So sign me up, make sure you put it under MR.IGOTBASS aka GLICHY RODRIGIZ, and sign up SANS POWER he doesn’t need an aka.

Now look your tournament just got that much more interesting. The pressure is on you now not to lose, cause that would be a straight Career Ender in my eyes!!

SANS POWER

Banned
There's no rule saying that you have to take turns playing on and offline so each player can have their homefield advantage or anything, and you can play online for the rest of time, all your experience doesn't change the fact that turtling aaRH is not a lag tactic. Anyone is a fool to fall for it enough that they'll complain about it and label a netplay tactic when it's not. They are reacting based on the critical point you create. There's no "belief" involved, because it's not a matter of belief. I can't type the words slower, but I could space the letters out if need be. Y o u ' r e b o t h w r o n g. I'm not going to jump at a guy from aaRH range to begin with in that scenario, and if there's too much delay I won't play him at all. I don't even know who Chorizo Du or Toxic are.

This is another thing I find remarkable:

"I know more about the game than he does, this is something you both will have to accept even though you don't like it and at the same time would most likely be critical of that same point."

"I don't care to know about the Frame-rates and the sprites and 1/6 chances you'll get when you try to punish an opponent after a recovery rate or whatever you guys talk."

That's like commenting on what someone is talking about, and then saying "or something" when you full on know what you said is relevant, but don't want to see too interested. The fact is, you're both going to show up and lose, or not show up at all. Your transparent nonsense is going nowhere.

"I am not knocking you personally"

Both of you have taken personal shots at me, but it doesn't matter, you're going to lose.

And Jugg, I understand your online adaptation post, but my whole point all along has been, no one should have to adapt to netplay conditions.
Whoa, first of all old man everything I've said has gone way past your ponytail and I find it funny that you're sitting here trying to outwit us with your condescending remarks. You're reading between the lines and not what I mean, I've said what I meant probably 5 plus times and you still continue to misconstrue it further yourself in an argument you lost 3 pages back. My whole point was based around the fact someone get use to a delayed connection and use it against someone who isn't use to it, therefore aaRH isn't hard to pull off for them with lag. There, I've said that for the 100th time now. Juggs knows what I'm talking about, IGB knows what I'm talking, I think anyone who isn't argumentative will understand what I'm talking about, but for some reason you keep denying a SIMPLE fact and turning into something it's not, just stop.

I haven't taken personal shots at you at all, go back and show me a quote where you feel it was personal and I'll apolgoize for it. You're the one taking it personal and sitting on some high throne because you've played in the triple plus digits-blah-blah offline. Listen old man, you've been playing this game for 15 plus years and gotten as good as you are today in those 15 years. I JUST started playing the game 2 or 3 years ago competively and whether you want to acknowledge online as competitive is up to you, you seem to think your way regardless. I feel I'm one of the best players out there and I feel IGB has the best Kabal, but that's my opinion and I can only prove in 2 weeks. However, for you to sit here behind a monitor and say "we'll either lose or not show up" is both disrespectful and an uneducated comment. You have no idea how I play now, the only video you've seen me in, is baby one of the top players on XBL. I've seen many videos of you on youtube at your tournaments and I'm not going to sit here and say I'm not impressed or that you suck because you don't.

I've done nothing but respect you, but because someone disagrees with you it turns into this huge fiasco online. Please, refer to my comments and read them clearly. I too cannot type any slower, but here, you can read this.. I'll type it out 5 times so it sets in.

My whole point was based around the fact someone get use to a delayed connection and use it against someone who isn't use to it, therefore aaRH isn't hard to pull off for them with lag.

My whole point was based around the fact someone get use to a delayed connection and use it against someone who isn't use to it, therefore aaRH isn't hard to pull off for them with lag.

There, I believe that's now the 105th if you've read that.

MRIGOTBASS

Im not hot, just saying It's like the dude acts like nobody else knows what the fuck is going on and can't get in a word edgewise. This post is about online, Shock doesn't play online, and flat out refused to play me online so as far as I am concerend don't comment about "I know everything how dare you disagree" when you flat out do not play online. Do you see me making claims about in-person play, Fu Fu Fuck No!!. As a matter of fact I asked if some people would play me on Kalierra so I could get a little better with the timing of MAME. I admit I am not the best in person, however online I am one of the best, I have beaten the best online. The only reason I am not good as I am online is becuase I dont play ever offline, I will admit that, but for Shock to downplay what we say about XBL its total BS. I will drop a $1000 bet right now Shock step on XBL and I or Sans will eat you for lunch, you already know this and when I asked you to play me last year it was constant excuses. So until you can come to my domain and beat me stop acting like you know what the fuck is going on cause you opinion means shitzzy.

See you in Philly

MRIGOTBASS

The best thing to do is to cool it down untill the tournament bass...talk all you want after that.
And I am not here to talk shit, belive that. I give credit where credit is due. Your Kabal is fuckin sick, I already said that and will say it again. If you play online and would like to get in some games let me know some time, my AIM is ig0tbass with a zero not the letter o.