What's new

Online Feedback and Discussion Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It happened to me and w1nter warz the other day. I haven't had this problem before playing him or after. But we desynched after every match or even during the match. Must be some weird glitch.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Ok i just cant end a single game anymore it keeps desyncing. Player or ranked doesnt matter...:/
Did you do the obvious stuff like reset your router and resync your console with the router? Might be the problem. After I desync, I just reset everything and it doesn't happen again.:16Bit

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
I've been thinking about the game's netcode: Is it something that can actually be patched for the better, or are we just stuck with it for the remainder of the game's life? Injustice's online is not absolutely terrible, mind you; I'm just wondering if it's actually fixable with a patch, as it could (as we all know) stand some improvement.

GGA Max

I have 4 bars where they show my connection. I don't have the timings cleanly memorized, but it really doesn't feel laggy to me. I'm on psn, how many bars does it say you have?

Netcode is fine, been playing since the UK release and in this region only about 5% of the games are too laggy to play. If you want 100% perfect gameplay, then stay offline and don't expect it from an online game.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I have 4 bars where they show my connection. I don't have the timings cleanly memorized, but it really doesn't feel laggy to me. I'm on psn, how many bars does it say you have?
You'll always be four bars on your own scream. Although you'll most-likely have 2 bars to others, those are not accurate at all. So it doesn't matter, really.

As for the OP, if they upgrade their servers from Gamespy maybe since they're shit and they (new servers) could provide a better netcode for us but it's highly unlikely so get used to what we have now. Which like you said, isn't terrible, but not great either. Do not get your hopes up.

Hmm,

I have not ran into any online issues, just the usual ones that sprout with all my other games. Random and eradic but not consistent enough to draw my attention.

OP, can you elaborate what issues you are having or what do you feel needs patching?

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
Hmm,

I have not ran into any online issues, just the usual ones that sprout with all my other games. Random and eradic but not consistent enough to draw my attention.

OP, can you elaborate what issues you are having or what do you feel needs patching?
My main concern is input delay. According to the game, I have a 4 bar connection, but I find it hard to time combos 75% of the time.

Edit*
Just to elaborate a bit further: I've noticed that it's character specific, at least for me. I can adjust easier when I use Green Lantern or Green Arrow, but when using Batman, timing a b3 is quite a pain.
I mean, all of these things are typical of online in fighting games; I had just been wondering if input delay was something that could be fixed with a patch, or if it would require much more complicated means.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
You'll always be four bars on your own scream. Although you'll most-likely have 2 bars to others, those are not accurate at all. So it doesn't matter, really.

As for the OP, if they upgrade their servers from Gamespy maybe sine they're shit and they (new servers) could provide a better netcode for us but it's highly unlikely so get used to what we have now. Which like you said, isn't terrible, but not great either. Do not get your hopes up.
This was extremely helpful. Thanks!

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"

As for the OP, if they upgrade their servers from Gamespy maybe sine they're shit and they (new servers) could provide a better netcode for us but it's highly unlikely so get used to what we have now. Which like you said, isn't terrible, but not great either. Do not get your hopes up.
I don't think they are on gamespy servers anymore. Although I could be wrong.

Tang94

Confirmed Seeker
Netcode is fine, been playing since the UK release and in this region only about 5% of the games are too laggy to play. If you want 100% perfect gameplay, then stay offline and don't expect it from an online game.
Sir, believe me: If I had more people in my area that played, I would definitely "stay offline." And no, I don't expect offline perfect, as I know that's not possible. However, it is not out of the question to want "better" online, since games such as SCV and TTT2 both have much better and far less input delay. Thus making a better online experience overall.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Seeing lag and having lag are very different. According to what I've seen this game has 10 frame input delay, which is ridiculous.

For people saying they can do combos online that's because the hits in the combo remain a consistent distance apart so once you have the timing input delay should not affect it.

Input delay is a huge deal when it comes to blocking on reaction, anti-air, and punishment. It changes the game immensely. Stuff like Killer Frost Slide and Flash Psycho Crusher get way way better online, and stuff that should be punishable like Green Lantern slam becomes much safer, and moving in on a Deathstroke or stopping certain types of pressure is just impossible.

Literally input delay of this magnitude changes the game immensely. And before you say the game needs input delay, that's crap, GGPO exists, Vampire Savior and Skullgirls both have adjustable to 0 input delay. Input delay is a sloppy solution for hiding poor connections and making the game look smoother but play worse.

It's fine if you don't care about optimal punishment, but online literally trains bad habits into you, whether it's treating unsafe moves as safe, or encouraging you to challenge anti-air that would be effective offline. I'd give a lot to have clear ping indication and adjustable input delay a la Skullgirls which for all its lack of features online gives you the options that matter for using online as a serious tool for improving your game.

The people I have encountered so far on LIVE (mostly player matches) have all been pretty awesome. So many helpful people just looking to learn more. Only one hatemail so far and only one rage quit in a 1v1.

Off to a good start. Keep it up!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
The community has been pretty helpful so far. I'm looking to learn more as well. Feel free to send a friend request if your on XBL. My gamer tag is Reptile Orion. I've only learned Batman so far with Nightwing up next.

Sir, believe me: If I had more people in my area that played, I would definitely "stay offline." And no, I don't expect offline perfect, as I know that's not possible. However, it is not out of the question to want "better" online, since games such as SCV and TTT2 both have much better and far less input delay. Thus making a better online experience overall.
Like I said, 5% of games are too laggy, the other 95% is fine or as good as you could reasonably expect from any online game. The netcode itself is great.Compared to MK 9, it is a big improvement and I still played MK 9 online regardless of the crap netcode, so this is fantastic. I would also like to state that I play UMK3 regularly online through PSN and Kaillera, so I know what it is like to have a truly bad online experience.

Maybe the particular servers you connect to are bad, but if they can get it right in their second biggest region, then I am sure they did the same in their biggest and most important region.

@dookie
1. Skullgirls is not a big 3D game with a million things to process before it gets to the netcode
2. Skullgirls userbase is tiny compared to Injustice.
3. Skullgirls was designed for serious fighting game enthusiasts, not for a very broad demographic.
4. Skullgirls does not have interactive stage elements with transitions to another stage that it needs to sync.
5. Skullgirls uses middleware software for its netcode which is based on old 2D games and emulators, not modern 3D fighting games with a large userbase.

My main concern is input delay. According to the game, I have a 4 bar connection, but I find it hard to time combos 75% of the time.

Edit*
Just to elaborate a bit further: I've noticed that it's character specific, at least for me. I can adjust easier when I use Green Lantern or Green Arrow, but when using Batman, timing a b3 is quite a pain.
I mean, all of these things are typical of online in fighting games; I had just been wondering if input delay was something that could be fixed with a patch, or if it would require much more complicated means.

You know what? You are right! I totally forgot about that.
And I said I am not having problems?!

But your right, it is extremely difficult to pull off combos I do in single player with my eyes closed, then come online - it becomes extremely difficult to pull off even in online practice mode.

I thought there is no way to patch this lag desynch?

If fighting games made use of the prediction and compensation mechanics that games like FPS' do for smoother online gameplay you would all have given up on Online play already. It just wouldn't be possible to land any combos.