What's new

Online Feedback and Discussion Thread

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I was playing with a guy from the US. Im ftom europe. Little bit of delay but it played fine. Played with a friend from same country, almost like playing offline...

Much better than MK9, still not good though.

My connection is and it's still sluggish compared to offline. Also, I find it difficult to land a lot of my combos.

It feels like that on MY connection which is pretty fucking good considering it says my connection is faster than 95% of the USA. I doubt its even playable on some of the lessor connections.
have you tried to play against someone you can to check the the packets' rtt (round trip time) properly? Someone you know, so you can ping his pc and check the time it takes for the ping to get back. Your result at SpeedTest.net doesnt help much on checking the netcode's quality. Id like to know how fast the RTT must to be in order to play it properly according to your quality standards.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I have pretty damn good internet, and I can't get a single match.
I live in Singapore, but I have a UK Xbox, every other game works perfectly online, but I have a horrible feeling it's letting me only fight Euro/UK players and I'm all the way in Singapore.

All I want to do is play online!

Spletty

Grandmaster
I played a few decent sets and its perfect. There was input delay in one match but one was VERY close to offline quality

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
My internet connection is ass, and I manage to play people overseas with little problems. Even KOTH isn't the unstable mess that it was in mk9. My net has little fits from time to time and will lag so badly it just quits the match for me, but other than that it's been pretty fine.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Don't suppose anyone knows if there is any way to fix the problem I'm having? I can't connect to a single much and it just... really sucks, I want to try out the online so bad!

Is the netcode still bad? Anyone who had problems with MK9 online, what would you rate Injustice on playability?

PS: This question is aimed at others who basically had stop motion gameplay, not the Pigs of the world who somehow had awesome connection even while playing on a damn stream, lol.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It's way better than MK9; I finally got around to playing a bunch of game yesterday... Had like one laggy experience. The only thing preventing me from doing combos was my own shittastic play.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
I'm not used to the delay yet, but the game definitely feels better than MK. Though, probably not as good as Street Fighter IV.

Hey guys,

I've been watching gameplay on twitch and trying to ask any many people as possible. I've been contemplating buying this game since the reelase. I haven't, because I'm worried about the quality of play online. The story will only last so long and online will be the main selling point for me on this game.

Can anyone comment about the online play for XBOX 360? Is it a game breaker? Do you expect it to improve?

Thanks.

PS: I see a few threads about this already. In my experience with my consoles, PS3 servers have typically always been poorer than XBLs. Thats why I'm asking specifically about XBL.

I have played for a few hours every day so far on 360 and only once have i had lag (outside of the standard timing change of online) play a factor in any game i have been in. Also my opponent for that match (a friend of mine) is known to have an unstable connection.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys,

I've been watching gameplay on twitch and trying to ask any many people as possible. I've been contemplating buying this game since the reelase. I haven't, because I'm worried about the quality of play online. The story will only last so long and online will be the main selling point for me on this game.

Can anyone comment about the online play for XBOX 360? Is it a game breaker? Do you expect it to improve?

Thanks.

PS: I see a few threads about this already. In my experience with my consoles, PS3 servers have typically always been poorer than XBLs. Thats why I'm asking specifically about XBL.
take it from me someone who stop playing mk9 online after day 4 and started to play exclusively offline because of the lag in mk9
injustice play much better than mk9 online it is and i am planning on playing online a lot because of it

Online is more than good enough to enjoy. I've had it in the UK for two days now so I've been having to play against people in the US up until today. Had a couple of laggy matches out of about 150 but nothing that bad. Seems pretty good so far.

MrMadden613

Going Hard in The Paint!
yeah man this online is really solid i have played over 200 fights and lagged one time legit and the timing rly dosnt change much at all online id suggest you get for sure

Don't suppose anyone knows if there is any way to fix the problem I'm having? I can't connect to a single much and it just... really sucks, I want to try out the online so bad!
I am from Singapore and I also have a similar problem. I can play with a friend from here in private matches and it's fine but when I play public matches by joining or creating rooms the game ends and 'the game session is no longer available'. This happens when the character selection countdown reaches around 52seconds. I got a 100mbps internet broadband and my other games online work fine too. How can I solve this problem? I really want to play with people worldwide, can't seem to find anyone to play with from the same country or region. This really #$%^# !! !

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I am from Singapore and I also have a similar problem. I can play with a friend from here in private matches and it's fine but when I play public matches by joining or creating rooms the game ends and 'the game session is no longer available'. This happens when the character selection countdown reaches around 52seconds. I got a 100mbps internet broadband and my other games online work fine too. How can I solve this problem? I really want to play with people worldwide, can't seem to find anyone to play with from the same country or region. This really #$%^# !! !
Ah so it's not just my having a British Xbox then? Does Singapore just suck for Injustice for some reason? My internet isn't terrible either, and like I said it works fine for every other fighter... this shit is ridiculous! Do we ask colt about this kinda thing or is that only for gameplay?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Online is better than Marvel ever was for me in either Vanilla or Ultimate honestly. Its nothing spectacular like Skullgirls but what is without being built for GGPO? The only thing that bugs me is how crazy long it takes me to find any ranked or player matches. I have no idea why but it can take up to 7 minutes. I'll leave, go in the lab, and then I get like 3 matches all in a row. Im in WV and the internet here literally clocks at the speed of Puerto Rican connections though ( NOT kidding. Compared speed tests on UMVC3 and tied with a puerto rican players connection).

Not certain whats up with the match finding. Lobbies work great though.

IGAU online > MK9 online. Also, since there are no training wheels, aka block button, all scrubs get bodied online which makes online even more fun.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
what many people fail to realise about lag, is the ammount of of dumb ass people i have fought in beat em ups online, if your downloading, uploading ect ect ect the game is gonna lag so fucking bad, so if ur downloading films to your pc, uploading photos to facebook, or anyone of your household, ie brothers sisters are sharing your connection on psn home or whatever else its gonna hugely impact ur connection for both players, so pause all thease, and tell ur relatives to leave ur home lol
If downloads and uploads are affecting your connection, it is pretty bad. Having at least 3mbps upload will guarantee everyone else can do whatever else they want and not really bother your connection. Hell, 3mbps is good enough to stream and play without much problem.

Ah so it's not just my having a British Xbox then? Does Singapore just suck for Injustice for some reason? My internet isn't terrible either, and like I said it works fine for every other fighter... this shit is ridiculous! Do we ask colt about this kinda thing or is that only for gameplay?
Yes Singapore sucks for Injustice but actually many other games as well but it's a lot worse in this game. Someone mentioned it has something to do with ping or the distance between players. I don't know, not sure. But I agree it's ridiculous, accept my xbl request, we can play together. Will there be a solution to our problem?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
If downloads and uploads are affecting your connection, it is pretty bad. Having at least 3mbps upload will guarantee everyone else can do whatever else they want and not really bother your connection. Hell, 3mbps is good enough to stream and play without much problem.
For this kind of thing, it helps massively to get a router with QoS so you can prioritise traffic from your console above everything else.