What's new

Official Pokemon Go Thread (Beginner Tips inside)

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Doom, i caught a rihorn and its listed on my journal as caught but its not on my pokemon list
Is it possible that somebody else may have caught . . . say like my buddy who was next to me.
And is there any reason to pick a team over the other. Read that it doesn't matter

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
As long as I get Dunsparce at some point.

And a stability patch for the sake of my potato phone.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm lucky since my house seems to be a common spawn point for squirtle, bulbasaur and charmander. Must've caught at least 4 of each by now.

Also, so many fucking zubats.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Currently the best Pokemon overall is magnetite/magneton. If you can catch and main one, they cover the most types and a lot of the common ones (because most people are running electric, bird, water)
I am hoping I can hatch 1 more from an egg so I can use it, I have 2 and really want to put it in a gym. That typing right now is super good.

Also I am getting really mad at the 1 HP Gym glitch, it happened to me 5 times last night when I was taking gyms. This needs to be fixed.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Not Mine, but a good read.

Quick overview: I have been playing almost non stop since release (barring server downtime and 4-5hrs of sleep per day). Today I made it halfway through level 21 and have captured 74 unique Pokemon (seen 75). I am sure there may be a handful of people higher level in the World, but until I see its out of my reach, Im going to continue my quest to be the first person to get all 150 Gen 1 Pokemon! Here are some quick tips and pieces of info I can offer in the event it isnt well known:

• After level 20 you get access to Ultra Balls (level 12 = Great Ball).

• After level 20 the XP req scales insanely high (19-20=25k, 20-21=50k, 21-22=75k totals required).

• ALWAYS try and stack XP eggs with Evolves, KM eggs, and adding new Pokemon to your codex.

• Anything that has a red circle, use berries and highest level Pokeball (its most of the time worth it).

• Your berries are only active for ONE pokeball catch attempt. If you fail, make sure you recast another berry.

• Always try to keep as close to 9 eggs as possible, and burn through them before going to Pokestops to replenish.

• Master the curve ball technique. Its absolutely worth it if you factor in the additional XP on a grand scale. It makes a huge difference if youre trying to min/max.

• Catch -everything-. Even the Pidgeys and Ratattas x20000. Just stock up on them and trade them all in for candies to spam evolves for XP (while using your XP egg!).

• If possible, bring at least a ~6000mAh battery pack. This will give you 4x the battery life that you normally would have. Obviously, if you can afford to get anything higher, do so.

• Avoid gym battles unless youre sure you can hold them long enough to get the daily bonus consistently. They dont offer enough XP to waste time/consumables on them. Focus on building up your Pokemon legion and grinding Stardust.
References:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm-p70zW8AAOOBj.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm-uHRmWcAAfec8.jpg:large

If anyone has questions or anything, just post and I will do my best to answer. Hope this helps! Also, if youre interested in checking out my progress, just check my twitter, @Riggnaros ; I post a lot.

trufenix

bye felicia
So, frequently, like every 10 minutes or so my game just decides its no longer responding to touches. The game itself seems to still be working (no gps warning, pokemon pop up, pokestops pop up, character walks and stays current with my position) but it just doesn't give a fuck about my fingers. Can't open any menus, can't try to catch, can't do anything except kill the process nad restart it.

I also frequently get stuck staring at a pokeball after I've caught something (never get a gotcha, never busts back out, stops animating entirely) and the only resolution to that is killing the process too.

Anybody experiencing these? I get that its a new game and new games never work ut I'm beginning to think my phone has ana actual problem cause I did a pokestop walk with another android owner today and she was catching and spinning her heart out while my game was just like nah brah, nothings happening. I have an LG v10.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
So, frequently, like every 10 minutes or so my game just decides its no longer responding to touches. The game itself seems to still be working (no gps warning, pokemon pop up, pokestops pop up, character walks and stays current with my position) but it just doesn't give a fuck about my fingers. Can't open any menus, can't try to catch, can't do anything except kill the process nad restart it.

I also frequently get stuck staring at a pokeball after I've caught something (never get a gotcha, never busts back out, stops animating entirely) and the only resolution to that is killing the process too.

Anybody experiencing these? I get that its a new game and new games never work ut I'm beginning to think my phone has ana actual problem cause I did a pokestop walk with another android owner today and she was catching and spinning her heart out while my game was just like nah brah, nothings happening. I have an LG v10.
Its happen to me too. Sometimes it takes forver and like crashes. I went to the poke stop at the mall and it just said try again later. I was butt hurt

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

I do. I just tab out and back in and it fixes it.

Noob
Going to be heading to Japan next week. Hopefully I can catch a bunch with all the walking and some rare ones :eek:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It's interesting how the common Pokemon are more valuable for evolving and powering up. The 3 starters are kinda trash unless you're super lucky to catch like 30 of them.

Aside from the major server and glitch issues, game is super fun.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Going to be heading to Japan next week. Hopefully I can catch a bunch with all the walking and some rare ones :eek:
Game hasn't been released in Asia yet.

Apparently nothing is spawning and there aren't any active poke-stops to prevent leeching of the Australian servers.

Noob
That's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter if you have the app, they've blocked Pokemon from spawning and haven't listed any pokestops/gyms to prevent people from breaking release date.
Not true, its not released in my country and there are pokestops/gyms everywhere. Just went to a pokestop gathering earlier today.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Not true, its not released in my country and there are pokestops/gyms everywhere. Just went to a pokestop gathering earlier today.
I meant specifically for Asia (unless your country is in Asia?). There have been reports specifically by Chinese, Japanese and Korean people stating that although they have the app, nothing is available for them.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Helpful tip, If you have a lucky egg, stockpile evolve-able pokemon. Then use your lucky egg and evolve them all for double all that XP, especially if they'll evolve into something not in your pokedex.