What's new

Official Pokemon Go Thread (Beginner Tips inside)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
WHAT TEAM WILL YOU CHOOSE??
I CHOOSE

My team as of 07/09/2016
One a more serious note, lets post our location, what pokemon we caught and lets keep this updated so we can battle and maybe defeat your gym!

The Official Twitter of Pokemon Go
https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp

Capturing Pokémon is the crux of the entire game and when you find a Pokémon in the wild, when you tap it you will enter the battle. This is done either with the device's camera making the background or, if that's deactivated, a special background appears based on the time of day and location.

To capture a Pokémon, all you need to do is throw a ball at it. This requires you to aim at the Pokémon and throw the ball. This can miss, however, as the ball can go off in whatever direction you aim it. The longer the swipe on the phone, the further the ball will be thrown. You can also do trick curve shots by spinning the ball before you throw it. This will give you a small bonus.

When you go to catch a Pokémon, when you hold the ball down you will see a circle shrinking and then restarting. This circle can denote how hard the Pokémon is to capture.

• Green - This Pokémon is easy to capture and won't likely break out of the Poké Ball
  • Yellow - This Pokémon is slightly difficult to capture and may break out of the Poké Ball
  • Orange - This Pokémon is moderately difficult to capture and may break out of the Poké Ball
  • Red - This Pokémon is difficult to capture and will likely break out of the Poké Ball
If you throw the ball when the circle matches the white circle around the Pokémon, you will get a bonus. However, the smaller the circle, the better the chance of capture

Alternatively, if you use a Pokémon GO Plus device with your phone, you can just tap the device and the Pokémon can be captured. The device will vibrate when a Pokémon encounter has begun and will begin to flash green. Press the button to throw a ball and it osolates to decide if it is caught or not. If it flashes a rainbow colour, then the Pokémon is caught. If it flashes Red, then the capture failed. This is all done without checking the phone.

Last edited:

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
There was an Alakazam nearby to where I live, what happens when I step out? "Our servers are experiencing issues..." On a brighter note, got a jigglypuff, staryu, and ponyta

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I haven't left my desk yet, but when the servers were up I ended up getting a few pokemon.

Rattata
Staryu
Venonat
Caterpie
Pidgey
Squirtle
Krabby

Last edited:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
On a serious note things I've caught
Pidgey
Rattata
Oddish
Krabby
Nidoran female *
Psyduck *
Voltorb
weedle
* found at night only.

There was a snorlax near my house sometime at night but I wasn't going out at night for it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
As awesome as this is, its going to cause a lot of trouble for a lot of people because children will get carried away and adults will use it irresponsibly. People running into traffic, car accidents, injuries; its going to be a problem that needs to be regulated.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Omg technology what have you done?!?! Now somebody gonna run into the middle of the interstate tryna catch a squirtle! Watch Sonic Fox give up a match in EVO Grand Finals tryna catch that Mewto that standin right next to him on stage! Technology why???

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Omg technology what have you done?!?! Now somebody gonna run into the middle of the interstate tryna catch a squirtle! Watch Sonic Fox give up a match in EVO Grand Finals tryna catch that Mewto that standin right next to him on stage! Technology why???
Try getting a kid to do schoolwork when there's a Squirtle out in the hallway.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Fellas, a few questions
Im having issues with the ar, is it because of my camera? I have an android phone from cricket
And can i battle againsts friends?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Florida is nice.
Lots of water types, but we have lots of forests because of the northern states so lots of grass types, and electric types because of the power plants, and ghost types because of all of the blockbusters.

No but really, small flash mobs gather because of Blastoise spawns and shops are claiming gyms for advertising purposes so my job went from selling hot sauce and running the store to beating down every blue team in a 5 mile radius and claiming every gym for the glory of Team valor and pepper palace.

E

Eldriken

I haven't tried it yet. I don't even know what the big deal is about it to be honest. I've read absolutely nothing on it.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I haven't tried it yet. I don't even know what the big deal is about it to be honest. I've read absolutely nothing on it.
Its basically a pokemon game where the world is your game. You can go around collecting Pokemon in your area. And if you travel that opens up more stuff potentially. Its simple but fun.