What's new

Official Pokemon Go Thread (Beginner Tips inside)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Yeah, i was thinking about waiting to catch one when i'm in a higher level (i'm 13 right now). Thanks for the answer - but is it always about the IV when evolving or powering up?
it honestly depends on the situation, you could have a 100% IV'd Snorlax but be CP 200 or have a 88% Snorlax at 1900 CP, I am going to max out the 1900 CP one.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Isn't there another site like PokeAdvisor? It's so boring to calculate one by one lol
There's an IV checker app for Android but yeah, you've gotta check them one by one. :/

If the game had a reliable tracker and actually thoroughly taught you how to play the game, then none of this would be an issue. People would have still found loopholes, but there wouldn't have been a need to rely on those loopholes.

*sigh*

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
There's an IV checker app for Android but yeah, you've gotta check them one by one. :/

If the game had a reliable tracker and actually thoroughly taught you how to play the game, then none of this would be an issue. People would have still found loopholes, but there wouldn't have been a need to rely on those loopholes.

*sigh*
There shouldn't be a tracker at all TBH, that's why they removed the foot prints. I mean, even Pokemon Nearby should be a goner but I'm assuming they were scared of people getting mad over it.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I still would rather the footprints. Walking around in a giant circle looking for raichu and coming up with rats is totally not cool especially on a hot day and the compass is shitty to use.

I kind of knew about this site last week but I was reading on Reddit that people would get soft bans or labeled cheaters. It's a nice idea to have this sort of site though. I couldn't even sign in after Saturday night.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yes, it's extremely stupid. The reason Niantic wants sites like these closed is because they extract info and data from the game. And Niantic doesn't like that.

The problem is these sites help where the game lacks. There's no way in game to figure out your Pokemon's IV's. There's no way in game to track Pokemon. The reason they got rid of the footstep tracker was because the amount of data needed for it overloaded the server. It's the same reason the alpha version, where it had "X meters" under the Pokemon was changed to footsteps. So if we can't track them in game, we need 3rd party apps/sites to assist us. Niantic needs to partner with Pokevision/Pokewhere and Pokeadvisor.

I'll be working on the guide though, and I'll add in how to find your Pokemon's IV's but it's complicated, which is why sites like Pokeadvisor were invaluable.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Yes, it's extremely stupid. The reason Niantic wants sites like these closed is because they extract info and data from the game. And Niantic doesn't like that.

The problem is these sites help where the game lacks. There's no way in game to figure out your Pokemon's IV's. There's no way in game to track Pokemon. The reason they got rid of the footstep tracker was because the amount of data needed for it overloaded the server. It's the same reason the alpha version, where it had "X meters" under the Pokemon was changed to footsteps. So if we can't track them in game, we need 3rd party apps/sites to assist us. Niantic needs to partner with Pokevision/Pokewhere and Pokeadvisor.

I'll be working on the guide though, and I'll add in how to find your Pokemon's IV's but it's complicated, which is why sites like Pokeadvisor were invaluable.
I'll be looking forward to the guide. Could use some serious tips on catching more electric, rock, fighting and fire types.

Error

DF2+R2
- Added a dialog to remind Trainers that they should not play while traveling above a certain speed; Trainers will have to indicate they aren’t the driver
- Fixed a bug that prevented ”Nice,” ”Great,” and “Excellent” Poké Ball throws from awarding the appropriate XP bonuses
- Enabled the ability for Trainers to change their nickname one time, so please choose your new nickname wisely
- Resolved issues with the battery saver mode on iOS and re-enabled the feature
- Other fixes

TamedLizard

Buff George
So, what's the best place to calculate IV right now?
Well the newest update gave the team leaders some use by "Appraising" your pokemon. They'll tell you it's best stat, how it will fair in battle and it's overall validity. No precise numbers given though so @Juggs may have a more solid alternative method of finding precise IVs.

*Edit* -

Last edited:
Well the newest update gave the team leaders some use by "Appraising" your pokemon. They'll tell you it's best stat, how it will fair in battle and it's overall validity. No precise numbers given though so @Juggs may have a more solid alternative method of finding precise IVs.

*Edit* -
Yeah, i just saw it. It's a useful tool to know when to transfer a pokemon in the moment you caught it. I miss PokeAdvisor, i think that was one of the only site that calculated the exact IV of each Pokemon.