What's new

Official Pokemon Go Thread (Beginner Tips inside)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Someone made a PokemknGO gathering event at the Mall of GA. There was like 800 people "going". Mall of GA basically said "this is an unapproved event and it's on privately owned property. If you come playing PokemonGO you will be arrested and banned from the Mall. That's some fucked up shit. Do they not realize not only are they losing hundreds of customers, it's also horrible publicity. Just figured I'd mention that for my GA peeps in case they were going.

Someone made a PokemknGO gathering event at the Mall of GA. There was like 800 people "going". Mall of GA basically said "this is an unapproved event and it's on privately owned property. If you come playing PokemonGO you will be arrested and banned from the Mall. That's some fucked up shit. Do they not realize not only are they losing hundreds of customers, it's also horrible publicity. Just figured I'd mention that for my GA peeps in case they were going.
link to post?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Capturing Pokémon is the crux of the entire game and when you find a Pokémon in the wild, when you tap it you will enter the battle. This is done either with the device's camera making the background or, if that's deactivated, a special background appears based on the time of day and location.

To capture a Pokémon, all you need to do is throw a ball at it. This requires you to aim at the Pokémon and throw the ball. This can miss, however, as the ball can go off in whatever direction you aim it. The longer the swipe on the phone, the further the ball will be thrown. You can also do trick curve shots by spinning the ball before you throw it. This will give you a small bonus.

When you go to catch a Pokémon, when you hold the ball down you will see a circle shrinking and then restarting. This circle can denote how hard the Pokémon is to capture.

• Green - This Pokémon is easy to capture and won't likely break out of the Poké Ball
  • Yellow - This Pokémon is slightly difficult to capture and may break out of the Poké Ball
  • Orange - This Pokémon is moderately difficult to capture and may break out of the Poké Ball
  • Red - This Pokémon is difficult to capture and will likely break out of the Poké Ball
If you throw the ball when the circle matches the white circle around the Pokémon, you will get a bonus. However, the smaller the circle, the better the chance of capture

Alternatively, if you use a Pokémon GO Plus device with your phone, you can just tap the device and the Pokémon can be captured. The device will vibrate when a Pokémon encounter has begun and will begin to flash green. Press the button to throw a ball and it osolates to decide if it is caught or not. If it flashes a rainbow colour, then the Pokémon is caught. If it flashes Red, then the capture failed. This is all done without checking the phone.

Also my new addition to my team.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Can we talk about how fucking huge this game has been so far? It's only released in a few countries but the entire world is talking about it. People I know on Facebook who wouldn't have been interested in Pokemon in a hundred years are now posting about it.

I read that Nintendo's shares have gone up like 25% in the last week. It's crazy.

trufenix

bye felicia
If anyone else is suffering from the non-responsive screen bug, turn off the battery saver in Pgo. Your phones native one is fine as is low power gps (if you have the option), but for some reason leaving the in game battery saver makes it periodically lose its shit.

I do. I just tab out and back in and it fixes it.
That gets me back in the game, but it doesn't save the pokemon I trapped when it froze. I have tons of "founds" in my pokedex that were successfully caught but it never reached the "gotcha".

At this point, I'm just going back to MPQ. Maybe when today's iOS patch hits android it will be better, but i can't bring myself to walk around all day staring at my phone and tanking my battery when my spawn rates are lower than people playing right next to me and there's always a chance that I"ll just lose the ones I can catch.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I caught an exeggcute today. :> I wonder when they will be adding the legendary pokemon to the game. I haven't heard of anybody acquiring one yet.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yeah this is definitely a server error. I doubt all the names I've been entering for the past 30 minutes are actually taken.

Like I got so desperate and tried "TYMBraindead" and it said it wasn't available.

I'm pretty sure no one fucking took TYMBraindead.

E

Eldriken

Yeah this is definitely a server error. I doubt all the names I've been entering for the past 30 minutes are actually taken.

Like I got so desperate and tried "TYMBraindead" and it said it wasn't available.

I'm pretty sure no one fucking took TYMBraindead.
I got mine just fine. Sucker!

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I'm sucking at this game. Every gym in my area is controlled by a 1400cp pokemon so I've no choice but to just 'git gud' before collecting the benefits. I had three gyms earlier but got bodied and now only have two. This game should've come out when kids were in school so us adults with jobs have a shot haha. Its my childhood! :)