What's new

Official MK9 Community Matchup Chart

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Looks like we're missing Freddy, Jade, and Raiden reps from the main list.

Freddy - Dark Natas seems to be the only offline Freddy player
Jade - I think Krayzie played her, maybe REO can do it as someone suggested before
Raiden - Nivek's got a pretty sick Raiden
I play Freddy offline a lot and I think M2Dave picked him up, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure there will be a good Freddy (or 2) at Devastation also

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Critical Limit is a really good Jade, I could PM him and ask if he wanted to talk matchups. He has gone to many offline tournies as well.

REO

Undead
I picked up and used Mileena for three weeks and haven't touched her since EVO, I rather do a character I have more experience with like Kabal.

m2dave - Freddy
THTB - Reptile
Tom Brady - Sub-Zero
Hitoshura - Noob
CDjr - Rain

These are from the people I've played recently. I haven't played a ton of people in a while so I wouldn't even know if they still use the same character.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
Baraka - Jamesmk, Shadow Zero Kyo
Cyrax - Maxter, DarkNaTaS
Cyber SZ - DarKNaTaS, j360, Reo
Ermac -
Freddy - DarkNaTaS
Jax - CD Jr, Eric Warda
Jade -
Johnny Cage - Riu48, Reo
Kabal - Eric Warda, Reo, Crazy Dominican
Kano - Dbarret
Kenshi - Sabin, Dbarret
Kitana - Konqrr, Crazy Dominican, Riu48
Kung Lao - Classy Sassquash, Tom Brady, Reo
Liu Kang -
Mileena - REO,
NightWolf - Classy Sassquash
Noob - Hitoshura
Quanchi - J360
Raiden - DarKNaTaS
Rain - CD Jr
Reptile - Sabin, Chris G, Scoot Mcgee, Rapzilla
Scorpion - Scoot Mcgee
Sektor - Maxter, Zaq mk
Shang Tsung - Lethal, Shadow Zero Kyo
Sheeva - Cdjr, DarkNaTaS
Sindel - Dan Cock
Skarlet - Chris G, DarkNaTaS
Smoke - CDjr
Sonya - Riu48
Stryker - J360
Sub Zero - Tom Brady, Dark Rob, Maxter

here is my list and its based off people who i have played with at VSM!!!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
So we're naming best players for each character? I mean I know Jax match ups, but I lack video footage. I'm not salty that I don't got the spotlight thourgh. It's just confusing to me. But I will say a few myself.

Kitana: 16 bit, konqrr, CD
Jax: Cdjr, Tyrant
Sub-Zero: Tom Brady
Kung-Lao: Perfect Legend
Johnny cage: JOP, Dizzy, SweetJohnnyCage

Something I've been wondering: can we really get a good read on the DLC characters yet? I tend to side more with CD jr. on this one - I remember in a stream chat someone asked him about Rain's matchups and he said he'd need at least 3 months with the character to give numbers with any confidence.

Granted, that's only a small minority of the cast so I'm not saying we should hold off this entire project or anything. Just put an asterisk by the DLC characters and say "these numbers are highly subject to change over time" or something like that, I'm thinking.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Agreed^ Bravo moe would also be a good choice as many of his contributions are through practice mode and offline play. SomeCubanGuy would also be a fine choice imo.
Something VERY important to consider is this... I can be an expert at every combo in the game but not ever win a match at high level because I have no setups and don't know the "matchup" which is the entire point of this.

I am not knocking the guy, just making a point.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
But Konqrr you need to be well known to know match ups. I know a good handful of Jax match ups, and I'm not Tyrant or Cdjr.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Well I made it grand finals at the tournament I told you about went undefeated with ermac till grand finals.It wasnt nothing major but I have some experience.Should be posted on TYM soon.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Krayzie you fool, I didn't put you down for any character because nobody has a clue who you are "really" trying to main now ^_^

vVv team can't pick a main lol

Anyways, enough trolling... Krayzie has a very nice Ermac and his Cyrax is looking good too. Do you still play Jade?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
wow Tom backing out? Well he is his own man. Anyways, me and the Jax players are getting it in hardcore for his match ups. You might like our results.

Truth

Noob
Tom Brady said:
i said in a previous thread that i didnt want to get involved in any game play discussions, especially ones on sub-zero. ppl kept mentioning me in this thread anyway so i figured i'd remind them to mention someone else.
Tom just a question I want to ask, what risk is there for you not to participate? Your simply doing matchup numbers with other fellow pros that benefit the community as a whole. Even if you don't ever want to admit it, everyone knows you're the best Sub-Zero player regardless of what people say on SZ TYM forums.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tom Brady said:
only thing i'll talk about is how the colts will go 0-16 w/o peyton manning.
I still got a kick outta rolling around town in whatever city it was with Tom Brady wearing a Colts jacket. lol but your not Tom Brady to me. ;)

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Tom Brady said:
only thing i'll talk about is how the colts will go 0-16 w/o peyton manning.
I dont blame you brother, it sucks for those of us who truly value your knowledge, but I dont blame and understand you as to why.

now on a more serious note....
GO COWBOYS HAHAHA xD

I still got a kick outta rolling around town in whatever city it was with Tom Brady wearing a Colts jacket. lol but your not Tom Brady to me. ;)
My kid actually that he was the Tom Brady from the Pats LOL
kids i tell ya :D

Truth

Noob
Tom Brady said:
have REO do subs match up chart.
Very well then, can you atleast confirm two things: 1. Reo mentioned on the STBL show stream chat that he will be using SZ for some matches at Devestation. Can you attest to this and if so, how good is Reo with SZ? 2. Were you trolling Silent in the stream chat on his show this week lol?

McNasty

Moist.
Lotf, prelude to agony, and myself for nightwolf.

Sub zero- Dark rob mechacide, nick t

Dont really understand why people are just posting names of people for characters everyone should be welcome its up to the creator to really decide if what they input is viable.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Tom Brady said:
i can confirm the colts will go 0-16 w/o peyton manning.
see, now you are trolling...everyone with a football IQ of -10 can tell you that curtis painter will be the next Montana...geez bro, learn your sports, you are kinda embarrassing yourself there a bit dude :confused:

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Tom....I dare you to rock a Colts Jersey and win Season Beatings with Sub while wearing that Jersey. You might be able to give your hometown some hope. BTW, is PL hype about his Browns?