What's new

Official MK9 Community Matchup Chart

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Ok guys, here's the deal: Not everybody will be happy until there is a matchup chart. This matchup chart will consist of the top players per char. This will take a while and it will not be overnight. I really don't want to see crying or complaining, I just want the following:

1) Don't fill out every char. If you happen to be SURE a certain player knows this char inside and out AND competes in tournaments, list their name. I don't care about your friend dragonmaster 4000 who lives down your street and bodies you w/Sheeva's teleport.

2) Don't troll. For the love of christ, don't troll, cause I will be reading this frequently to update this and would like to avoid stupidity

3) If you disagree w/a player, don't name call them (I can't believe I actually have to say this)

4) MK9 is overall the best FG community IMO, so let's make a thread that finally looks like one, mmmmkkkay?

Current list as of 10/11/11:

Baraka - SomeCubanGuy, Bravo moe
Cyrax - Maxter, Mustard
Cyber SZ - Used for Glue, Pig of the Hut
Ermac - Metsoz13
Freddy - m2dave
Jax - CD Jr
Jade - BoysBoysBoys, Krayzie
JC - FoxxyGrandpa
Kabal - Erik Warda, Michaelangelo, OnlineToNy, REO
Kano - Funkdoc
Kenshi - Sabin, Teef
Kitana - 16 Bit, Konqrr, Crazy Dominican, AU Mr. Mileena (Mr. Kitana on TYM)
KL - Perfect Legend
Liu Kang - ATL Redd, KHunter
Mileena - Pig of the Hut, Zero Effect
NW - Lord of the Fly, McNasty
Noob - Tomahawk, Hitoshura
Quanchi - Hidan, Shujinkydink
Raiden - PerfectLegend, B w1Zz
Rain - CD Jr
Reptile - Sabin, THTB
Scorpion - Slips, Check
Sektor - Sektroll, Ketchup
Shang Tsung - DetroitBallin
Sheeva - AU_Digimon, BoysBoysBoys
Sindel - Delriach, Dancock
Skarlet - Helter Skelter, m2dave
Smoke - KT Smith NYC
Sonya - FoxxyGrandpa, Morty Seinfeld, Riu48
Stryker - Vulcan Hades
Sub Zero - Shoryuken

Would love to see this happen. But i doubt some of the players will put the time into making matchups charts. We shall see.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Baraka -
Cyrax - Mustard
Cyber SZ - Usedforglue
Ermac - Metsoz13
Freddy -
Jax - CD Jr
Jade -
JC -
Kabal - Warda
Kano -
Kenshi -
Kitana - Konqrr
KL -
Liu Kang - ATL
Mileena - REO
NW - Lord of the Fly
Noob -
Quanchi - Hidan
Raiden - Nivek/JOP
Rain - CD Jr
Reptile - Sabin
Scorpion - Slips
Sektor - Ketchup
Shang Tsung - DetroitBallin
Sheeva - Boysx3
Sindel - DanCock
Scarlet - Helter Skelter
Smoke - Aris
Sonya - Morty
Stryker - Vulcan
Sub Zero - Tom Brady

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Why? Some details would be nice brother
Hes very hard to read, punishes everything fully. The guy throws you EVERY single time that the oppurtunity arrises, which is a massive game changer. He adapts quickly and I've just never seen/played a better Ermac player. Considering he made top 8 at SVB was impressive too.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Scorpion - Slips; Check

Adding Check for how he did at a Summer Jam against Chris G, keeping Slips because he's Slips:

I do know an Ermac player who won a tournament at a comic/gaming convention ... might not qualify as a tournament player, but if you want, I can drop him a message on PSN.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
We should also give this time and wait till after devastation to start making the match ups. This list may change if some people show up big at devastation.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Does other tournament players from countries count?
Of course

Lord of the fly: I'm going to go on record and say Devastation is a big pile of vomit for MK9. When I went there, I had a great experience 2 years ago for Soul Calibur 4. However, having a major and it's on the new patched version 4-5 days from the tournament, most people, including top players, are not truly understanding their chars so the tournament results will be weird. In other words, not everybody will be at their best, 360 users have a HUGE adv at this tournament.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Baraka - SomeCubanGuy: He is the only person that I know of who has been a Baraka main since the beginning. Don't know if he is a tournament player or simply an online guy.

Cyrax - Maxter
Cyber SZ - UsedForGlue, Pig of the Hut
Ermac -
Freddy - m2dave
Jax - CD Jr, Tyrant
Jade - REO is the only tournament player besides Krayzie who I've seen played her seriously.
JC -
Kabal - Warda, Michaelangelo
Kano - JT Circus, m2dave
Kenshi -
Kitana - Konqrr, 16-bit
KL - Perfect Legend
Liu Kang - ATL, XBlades, KHunter
Mileena - REO, Pig of the Hut
NW - Lord of the Fly
Noob - Tomahawk, 801 Vegeta (my main sparring partner, he has been to a ton of majors this year and he sent Krayzie to the losers bracket and later eliminated him at EVO ... sorry Krayzie <3 ^_^)
Quanchi - Hidan
Raiden - Nivek/JOP
Rain - CD Jr
Reptile - Sabin, Chris G, THTB
Scorpion - Slips
Sektor - Ketchup, Robotic (I don't know if he is a touranment player, but he has kept the Sektor matchup chart discussion rolling and is open minded)
Shang Tsung - DetroitBallin, Alex Valle
Sheeva - The one and only Digi
Sindel - Delriach, Dancock
Skarlet - Helter Skelter, m2dave (even if he drops her, he knows a lot about her matchups)
Smoke - Aris, Shoryuken
Sonya - Morty, Foxy
Stryker - Vulcan Hades, (Soon, there will be a shitload of tournament players for him with his new buffs)
Sub Zero - Tom Brady, Shoryuken

SZSR

Noob
KT Smith NYC - Smoke
ATL_R3dd - Liu Kang and Smoke
LotF - Nightwolf
THTB - Reptile and Smoke
CD jr - Smoke
Konqrr - Kitana
16 Bit - Kitana
Pig of the Hut - Mileena and Cyber Sub
Cyusstrike - Sub-Zero and Kitana
Red Djinn - Johnny Cage
Jimmy Von Vitti - Ermac
xteefx - Kenshi

There are some other tourney players, but they don't go online...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
sindel ~ Delriach
Kitana ~ Konqrr
Freddy ~ M2Dave
Skarlet ~ M2Dave
Kano ~ Funkdoc
Noob ~ Hito
Subzero ~ Tom Brady
Scorpion ~ Check
Jax ~ CD JR
Rain ~ CD JR
Reptile ~ THTB
Kung Lao ~ perfect legend
Mileena ~ zero effect
Sonya ~ riu48
Cage ~ riu48/nori

FYI reo can use any character (he'll say no because hes super modest) so i have no clue where to put him so i say whatever he picks he should be 100% for that character..

ill add more sunday or maybe tonight.. its time for another 10 hour work day :(

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Hades should discuss stryker. Tourney player or not he knows everything there is to know about Stryker

Delriach

Sindelly
:p I appreciate the nomination Konqrr. I wouldn't mind giving some input. I do think Dan Cock has better matchup experience though. He's definitely the one I'd trust most. Doubt I'd disagree much.

Thanks for the mention Dancock!

Konqrr: SomeCubanGuy has been to Florida tournaments, finished 9th at CEO IIRC. There's also Osirun in Cincinnati and a couple guys in NY, but I think he's been the most successful one.

I don't know if m2dave has played Kano since the pre-Evo patch, and I thought I heard he's dropping Skarlet with this one. Need him to answer of course, just giving you all a heads up.

If Helter Skelter is going to stick with Skarlet then he'd be my pick. This is a character that had a hard time getting off the ground due to the pre-Evo DLC ban, and now that she was nerfed more than anyone else in this patch you just aren't going to find many qualified candidates.

How have people forgotten about Tyrant for Jax (EDIT: oh someone brought him up while i was writing this) and Bw1zz for Raiden? I also think KHunter deserves consideration for Liu Kang but I don't know if I've ever seen him post on here.

I don't think Hidan posts on this site, so it's hard to say for Quan. Mayo and Augustus are the main ones I can think of.

Oh yeah, and Arturo should also be considered for Kenshi since he's been playing him quite a bit lately.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Thanks for the mention Dancock!

Konqrr: SomeCubanGuy has been to Florida tournaments, finished 9th at CEO IIRC. There's also Osirun in Cincinnati and a couple guys in NY, but I think he's been the most successful one.

I don't know if m2dave has played Kano since the pre-Evo patch, and I thought I heard he's dropping Skarlet with this one. Need him to answer of course, just giving you all a heads up.

If Helter Skelter is going to stick with Skarlet then he'd be my pick. This is a character that had a hard time getting off the ground due to the pre-Evo DLC ban, and now that she was nerfed more than anyone else in this patch you just aren't going to find many qualified candidates.

How have people forgotten about Tyrant for Jax (EDIT: oh someone brought him up while i was writing this) and Bw1zz for Raiden? I also think KHunter deserves consideration for Liu Kang but I don't know if I've ever seen him post on here.

I don't think Hidan posts on this site, so it's hard to say for Quan. Mayo and Augustus are the main ones I can think of.

Oh yeah, and Arturo should also be considered for Kenshi since he's been playing him quite a bit lately.
Agreed... KHunter for Liu and Tomahawk for Noob added to my list. I forgot about those guys, they are really good.

PEGGY

Noob
how about teef and under the mayo for kenshi? they seemed pretty knowledgeable in that tutorial video on him and i know teef attends tournaments.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Baraka -
Cyrax - Mustard
Cyber SZ - Used for Glue
Ermac -
Freddy -
Jax - Cimmerian
Jade -
JC - FoxxyGrandpa
Kabal - Michaelangelo,Cimmerian
Kano -