What's new

Official Batman Combo Thread (Post everything here!)

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I'm curious why we should end our combos with b2-3 instead of f2-3. It leaves you closer. Is it to activate bats safely?

Also is it better to use regular MB Batarang or up MB Batarang?

sars

Noob
Corner, f3, ji3, 123, then b112 for oki or d2 mb grapple for a reset

Ji2 123 or 223, 3, trait cancel, 123, b23, rb ji2, b23

Ji2, 223, mb up bat, ji3, 123, b23
Are these the main one people use. Are strings like 112 unless in the corner. Just need to learn corner combos. Also what's the grapple oki, can you also do it mid screen. Thanks for your help

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I'm curious why we should end our combos with b2-3 instead of f2-3. It leaves you closer. Is it to activate bats safely?

If I remember correctly B2,3 does more damage, to each their own. Seen people end combos in B1,1,2 also for hard knockdowns and added pressure
Up MB Batarang off of 1,1,2 for combos and MB Batarang on block to stay safe is what I try to do

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I remember in IJ1 it used to be a good idea to end some combos in DB2 for hard knockdown. Like D2 xx DB2, dash up and mix-up or something. Is that worth it anymore or has the advantage changed significantly?

Reauxbot

Another thing I'm seeing Batman players do, in King of the hill or rooms, is end their combos withb2-3 against zoning characters...
not usually the best idea from what I've seen.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Another thing I'm seeing Batman players do, in King of the hill or rooms, is end their combos withb2-3 against zoning characters...
not usually the best idea from what I've seen.
B23 has good advantage when you use it as an airborne juggle ender, so you've always been able to dash up at least once after doing it to close the gap. It's not as bad as it looks

R3VERSE

Noob
Didn't see this posted so sorry if I missed it, but off of B3 MB:

B3 MB, Ji3, (walk forward) 123, B23 - 422.20

Also, I can't see to get the B2 to DB1 MB to land in this combo:

123, Ji2, B2, DB1 MB, (slight walk forward) B3, Ji2, F23

Can anyone that has had any luck with this provide any tips? Starting that same combo with 223 I can land no problem. It just seems like the 123 doesn't push them far enough away to have everything else connect properly.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Didn't see this posted so sorry if I missed it, but off of B3 MB:

B3 MB, Ji3, (walk forward) 123, B23 - 422.20

Also, I can't see to get the B2 to DB1 MB to land in this combo:

123, Ji2, B2, DB1 MB, (slight walk forward) B3, Ji2, F23

Can anyone that has had any luck with this provide any tips? Starting that same combo with 223 I can land no problem. It just seems like the 123 doesn't push them far enough away to have everything else connect properly.
You want to input the b2 as early as possible. However, 22 works much easier here as a replacement, and I have made the change in the OP.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman

I plan on making a separate thread for this, but the basics are:

Use f23 ender versus characters that can keep Batman out (Deadshot, Darkseid, Harley etc.)

Use b23 ender versus characters that you want to keep out (Flash, Bane, Canary etc.)

Use b112 ender in the corner to get a long soft knockdown and get a free neutral jump 2 vs most of the cast

MB Up Batarang usually has a gap between the string and the actual special ONLY if the opponent is crouching. Some characters like Aquaman and Black Adam can actually sneak in a d1 and hit Batman if he isn't blocking. However, if your opponent is unaware of this, MB Up Batarang is better for pressure since Batman doesn't take a step back like MB Batarang.

Vs knowledgeable opponents, always use MB Batarang.

Depends on the matchup.
If I remember correctly B2,3 does more damage, to each their own. Seen people end combos in B1,1,2 also for hard knockdowns and added pressure
Up MB Batarang off of 1,1,2 for combos and MB Batarang on block to stay safe is what I try to do

This

112 isnt useless in the corner. Its a decent string.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Updated the combo section again! Added corner combos. Now all that is needed is trait combos, and to add damage everywhere.

This is a lot more work than I thought :confused:
Haha. Yeah I can only imagine. Thanks a ton for putting in the effort/work to do it

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yea I have heard ppl say that 3 into DB1 is better than 22 and B2. I need to look into it and add it to the combo section

Reauxbot

I plan on making a separate thread for this, but the basics are:

Use f23 ender versus characters that can keep Batman out (Deadshot, Darkseid, Harley etc.)

Use b23 ender versus characters that you want to keep out (Flash, Bane, Canary etc.)

Use b112 ender in the corner to get a long soft knockdown and get a free neutral jump 2 vs most of the cast

MB Up Batarang usually has a gap between the string and the actual special ONLY if the opponent is crouching. Some characters like Aquaman and Black Adam can actually sneak in a d1 and hit Batman if he isn't blocking. However, if your opponent is unaware of this, MB Up Batarang is better for pressure since Batman doesn't take a step back like MB Batarang.

Vs knowledgeable opponents, always use MB Batarang.
Ahh. Thank you very much for this.

R3VERSE

Noob
You want to input the b2 as early as possible. However, 22 works much easier here as a replacement, and I have made the change in the OP.
Thanks. I've been using 22 or standing 3 as someone else suggested, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@ATP2014
You kan do this midscreen for the korner switch.
B113, F2, DB1 MB, F3, J3, B23 (351.74 damage on Aquaman)
(331.65 damage on Aquaman if you do J2 instead of J3)

Which string do you use to pressure your opponent when he is blocking?

Thanks in advance
I usually jump in and pressure with 1,2 since it's plus 4 and go straight into b11 or throw. 123 is my go to string off a ji2. If they block I can stop short and be plus and if the ji2 hits I can either finish the string or cancel the 1,2 into mb db2.

Last edited:
@ATP2014
First off, I want to say thank you for this thread and for your hard work.
Here are some combos that are missing in the combo section (all combos done against supes, competitive mode on).

Meterless side switch
223, b3, j3, b2~db1 (343.81)

Midscreen 1 bar
F3, ji2, 123, 22~ mb df1, nj2, 22 (grapple reset) (325.58)
MB f3, ji2, 123, 22~mb df1, nj2, 22 (grapple reset) (384.25)
123, ji2, 123, 22~df1, nj2, 22 (grapple reset)
(321.29)
112, mb db2, b3, j3, 123, b23 (436.66)
B11, mb db2, b3, j3, 123, b23 (386.52)
12, mb db2, b3, j3, 123, b23 (386.52)
223, b3, j3, b2~mb db1, j2, b23 (399.92)
223, b3, j3, b2~mb df1, nj2, b23 (389.43)

Last edited:
I usually jump in and pressure with 1,2 since it's plus 4 and go straight into b11 or throw. 123 is my go to string off a ji2. If they block I can stop short and be plus and if the ji2 hits I can either finish the string or cancel the 1,2 into mb db2.
Allright, going to try that. Thanks for the response

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
need to put in some work to get all his bnb's down for both midscreen and corner, he has trait cancel combo's too doesnt he, what are the best ones for those?