What's new

Official Batman Combo Thread (Post everything here!)

j2, 123, b2 xx DB2 MB, f3, ji2, b23 = 422.75
j2, 123, b2, 123, b23 = 353.06 (vast majority use jump in 2 in place of b2. I sometimes do the b2 because you get a tiny bit more damage and can choose to trait cancel if you want mid combo, with only one bat even you can do j2, 123, b2 xx 4, 123, 4, f3, b23 for 378.90 meterless).
I also use the b2 instead of the j2 for the same exact reason which is for trait cancels or just finishing off the meterless version. While yes it does do more damage, it is extremely minimal tho lmao. Only reason I can see using the j2 is just for that little bit of corner carry. Otherwise I just use b2 for the muscle memory for all my trait cancel combos. I might upload a video of all the trait cancel combos I use or combos with trait already active

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
whats that one combo i see where they do meterless up batarang followed by trait into juggle? i've seen it a couple times just don't remember.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
don't they do it off certain strings?
It's never optimal to not mb the bata. and get juicy damage with b3/f3's or release the trait mid-combo.
Batman's trait is what makes him top tier, and it takes 15~ secs for a recharge.So do you want to have more time in the neutral without bats[obvious no-brainer]?

It's never optimal to not mb the bata. and get juicy damage with b3/f3's or release the trait mid-combo.
Batman's trait is what makes him top tier, and it takes 15~ secs for a recharge.So do you want to have more time in the neutral without bats[obvious no-brainer]?
Mb batarangs into trait bats isn't even optimal tho. Especially if you're gonna use another bar to reset them. You can get plenty damage without mb uprang. He can hit 400 meterless mid screen on supes, and even 455 with one bar of his grapple. So why use two bars on the mb uprang and grapple when you can get the same or even better damage with just one? The only time I use mb uprang is if I'm in the corner, those anti air situations, and for pressure.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
it still has its place

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Mb batarangs into trait bats isn't even optimal tho. Especially if you're gonna use another bar to reset them. You can get plenty damage without mb uprang. He can hit 400 meterless mid screen on supes, and even 455 with one bar of his grapple. So why use two bars on the mb uprang and grapple when you can get the same or even better damage with just one? The only time I use mb uprang is if I'm in the corner, those anti air situations, and for pressure.
Also while you can get meterless punishes for easy 350's; it may not open some people up, and it is always better to keep on comboing rather than trying your "optimal starter" which may never get converted into actual damage.
Condition them to block low with b1 strings and pressure, then mix-in 113 and b23; add in random jumps which let you continue your pressure if your opponent is respecting it and make sure you hit them with your plus on block strings and apply grounded pressure in order to deter your opponent from poking.

So in order to get maximum openings, you need to use your meter-dependent options or you'll spend 2 years trying to open anyone decent up.
If you have any other tactics for playing Batman, please elaborate.

Also while you can get meterless punishes for easy 350's; it may not open some people up, and it is always better to keep on comboing rather than trying your "optimal starter" which may never get converted into actual damage.
Condition them to block low with b1 strings and pressure, then mix-in 113 and b23; add in random jumps which let you continue your pressure if your opponent is respecting it and make sure you hit them with your plus on block strings and apply grounded pressure in order to deter your opponent from poking.

So in order to get maximum openings, you need to use your meter-dependent options or you'll spend 2 years trying to open anyone decent up.
If you have any other tactics for playing Batman, please elaborate.

I really don't know how this has anything to do with always using mb up batarangs for "optimal combos" like you said but anyways standard meterless combos can all be converted into grapple resets. Opening up an opponent up as a batman player all depends how good your reads are and how well you manage your trait. One grapple reset can have your opponent in loops especially in the corner. So the more bar you conserve the better it is for you. Yes you can mb up batarang for plus frames and pressure like I stated. But that's honestly what your trait is for, plus he also has his standard frame trap. If the keep poking and backdashing it then yes that's when you should mb up batarang for sure to catch them. The only thing mb up batarang guarantees is a f2 but like I said you can simply do that off of trait cancels as well.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I really don't know how this has anything to do with always using mb up batarangs for "optimal combos" like you said but anyways standard meterless combos can all be converted into grapple resets. Opening up an opponent up as a batman player all depends how good your reads are and how well you manage your trait. One grapple reset can have your opponent in loops especially in the corner. So the more bar you conserve the better it is for you. Yes you can mb up batarang for plus frames and pressure like I stated. But that's honestly what your trait is for, plus he also has his standard frame trap. If the keep poking and backdashing it then yes that's when you should mb up batarang for sure to catch them. The only thing mb up batarang guarantees is a f2 but like I said you can simply do that off of trait cancels as well.
its still good to use mb batarangs in pressure, just to keep em guessing, its not something i would barely use.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Exploring Bats a little bit. I'm gonna go ahead and say he has more combo routes than any other character, its kinda endless, and while there are absolutely optimal routes, it seems like there is a TON of room to tailor the combos to the user, changing things around for ease, swag, corner carry, blah blah..

To the seasoned Batman players, what are your most important combos? What are the combos a player absolutely must know to make Batman work?

Exploring Bats a little bit. I'm gonna go ahead and say he has more combo routes than any other character, its kinda endless, and while there are absolutely optimal routes, it seems like there is a TON of room to tailor the combos to the user, changing things around for ease, swag, corner carry, blah blah..

To the seasoned Batman players, what are your most important combos? What are the combos a player absolutely must know to make Batman work?

Not the ones foreverking uses. But batman is a character that can deal with damage being left out on the table so it's cool

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

His most important optimal combos are his midscreen mb up batarang combos and his corner combos.

His midscreen go to for 1 bar is standing starterxxdb2mb-j2-f3-j3-b23

In the corner is where he really shines and where there's quite a lot of room for exploration. Its important to know combos for summoning trait as well as using trait as an extender too with any amount of bats.

For the sake of simplicity though, his go to meterless and 1 bar traitless bnbs are as follows.

123-3-123-b23
223-f3-walk under-nj2-123-b23
B113-22-123-b23
113-d1-123-b23
F23-delayed 123-b23
F3-j3-123-b23

Standing Starterxxdb2mb-nj3-3-123-b23
B23xxdf1mb-nj2-123-1-b23
Standing Starterxxbf2mb-22-123-b23
123-3xxdb2mb-nj3-b23
B113-3xxdb2mb-nj2-b23

There's still loads more I can go into detail about if you want.

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
If we talking starters (123, 112) off a punish then no that combo is not optimal. If we talking 1 bar with trait then it's still not optimal.
Yes it is lol, this is basically the same combo rewind found midscreen, but since the patch you have to do a j2 at first instead of a j3. And it only works off of standing starters anyway, so why would you list 123?

If theres a more optimal combo please let me know.

Yes it is lol, this is basically the same combo rewind found midscreen, but since the patch you have to do a j2 at first instead of a j3. And it only works off of standing starters anyway, so why would you list 123?

If theres a more optimal combo please let me know.

I listed 123 because it can also be used as a punish as well as 112. And no that combo is not optimal. It was pre patch cause you were hitting 2 jump3's in one combo but now that's not even possible. Plus that combo was extremely hard to do so I wouldn't even call that optimal either. So since now you have to replace it with a jump 2 it's a lot easier yeah but does far less damage. I'm pretty sure 112 mb uprang -j2-f3-j3-b23 just barely cracks 400. While 123-b2xxmb uprang - f3-j2- b23 hits for almost 430 on supes. If we talking one bar with trait then I got more optimal for that too. But I said early batman is a character that can deal with damage being left out

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I listed 123 because it can also be used as a punish as well as 112. And no that combo is not optimal. It was pre patch cause you were hitting 2 jump3's in one combo but now that's not even possible. Plus that combo was extremely hard to do so I wouldn't even call that optimal either. So since now you have to replace it with a jump 2 it's a lot easier yeah but does far less damage. I'm pretty sure 112 mb uprang -j2-f3-j3-b23 just barely cracks 400. While 123-b2xxmb uprang - f3-j2- b23 hits for almost 430 on supes. If we talking one bar with trait then I got more optimal for that too. But I said early batman is a character that can deal with damage being left out
It is the optimal combo off of up rang(since you arent always gonna use 123 obviously) but the 123 combo does do more damage do fair enough. But, b2 up rang does more damage than the 123 combo so for heavily punishable moves you can use that instead. Thirdly, its still very easy to do the j2 into f3 consistently. Lastly the 123 combo doesnt break 430, it doesnt even break 410.

What are your midscreen combos with trait for a bar? Imo its not even worth using trait midscreen in any combo that spends a bar. Matter of fact i dont think there's any reason to use trait midscreen short of one combo meterlessly, and certainly not when using 1 bar.

It is the optimal combo off of up rang(since you arent always gonna use 123 obviously) but the 123 combo does do more damage do fair enough. But, b2 up rang does more damage than the 123 combo so for heavily punishable moves you can use that instead. Thirdly, its still very easy to do the j2 into f3 consistently. Lastly the 123 combo doesnt break 430, it doesnt even break 410.

What are your midscreen combos with trait for a bar? Imo its not even worth using trait midscreen in any combo that spends a bar. Matter of fact i dont think there's any reason to use trait midscreen short of one combo meterlessly, and certainly not when using 1 bar.
Ummm I was specifically talking about punishes with 123 rather then 112 since they can be interchangeable. B2 uprang as a punish? That's wild I'll have to check that out lol good looks on that one. And yeah the j2 f3 is very easy I was only referring to the difficulty pre patch with the j3-f3. And that last part I'm pretty sure I was using jump ins for idk what reason so you right on that my fault. With the jump in I think the 123 combo does 422 I think.

Imo trait cancel combos mid screen are always worth it. But this obviously only applies to 123, 223 and maybe 113 since you really shouldn't be using b113 mid screen unless you already have bats out and the rest of the strings don't launch. The reason I use trait cancel combos is because you can still net 370 on a reset for only one bar rather than having to use two bars and still net roughly around the same damage.

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Ummm I was specifically talking about punishes with 123 rather then 112 since they can be interchangeable. B2 uprang as a punish? That's wild I'll have to check that out lol good looks on that one. And yeah the j2 f3 is very easy I was only referring to the difficulty pre patch with the j3-f3. And that last part I'm pretty sure I was using jump ins for idk what reason so you right on that my fault. With the jump in I think the 123 combo does 422 I think.

Imo trait cancel combos mid screen are always worth it. But this obviously only applies to 123, 223 and maybe 113 since you really shouldn't be using b113 mid screen unless you already have bats out and the rest of the strings don't launch. The reason I use trait cancel combos is because you can still net 370 on a reset for only one bar rather than having to use two bars and still net roughly around the same damage.
Oh you're talking about trait cancel combos? I thought you meant using bats midscreen with already summoned which except for 1 combo isnt really optimal imo. And i tested the midscreen 123 combo, its 409 midscreen.

Oh you're talking about trait cancel combos? I thought you meant using bats midscreen with already summoned which except for 1 combo isnt really optimal imo. And i tested the midscreen 123 combo, its 409 midscreen.

Oh nah b, but he can hit 397 meterless with trait bat already out. And um j2-123-b2xxmb up batarang- f3-j2-b23 should be doing 422.

I was testing the combo without the j2, you shouldnt be giving damage numbers with a jump in starter.
Yeah that was my bad especially since I said off a punish. It's a habit with batman cause most people always include the jump in for whatever reason so I just started to do it too. Nonetheless it does do more than 112

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
His most important optimal combos are his midscreen mb up batarang combos and his corner combos.

His midscreen go to for 1 bar is standing starterxxdb2mb-j2-f3-j3-b23

In the corner is where he really shines and where there's quite a lot of room for exploration. Its important to know combos for summoning trait as well as using trait as an extender too with any amount of bats.

For the sake of simplicity though, his go to meterless and 1 bar traitless bnbs are as follows.

123-3-123-b23
223-f3-walk under-nj2-123-b23
B113-22-123-b23
113-d1-123-b23
F23-delayed 123-b23
F3-j3-123-b23

Standing Starterxxdb2mb-nj3-3-123-b23
B23xxdf1mb-nj2-123-1-b23
Standing Starterxxbf2mb-22-123-b23
123-3xxdb2mb-nj3-b23
B113-3xxdb2mb-nj2-b23

There's still loads more I can go into detail about if you want.
I'm putting together an updated format so either the OP can be updated or a new thread can be made with a more complete format. Could I send you what I have to make sure it's optimal and add/delete other combs?