What's new

NRS Email Leak? Alleged New MK11 Details/Cover Art/Community Reveal Plans

vapid

cyber warlord
Though I thoroughly dislike the box art, I think this could be legit. It doesn't have an accompanying roster, which lends it greater credence.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
After studying the box art and the screenshots on the steam page, I have to say that this leak looks legit. It would take a really good artist a decent amount of time to create Scorpion in that pose with all the gear that matches exactly the screenshots on the steam page. Although the box art image is small, you can see all the detail that went into it and how closely it matches.

Also, the initials "BG" in the upper right of the Gmail screen match that of NRS head of marketing who I will not name but it would make sense that the head of marketing sent an email titled "Marketing Update".

If it's fake, it's the most convincing and masterfully created fake leak I've ever seen.

Last edited:

mattteo

Noob
Re: rousey
Just a quick reminder that from a community standpoint, NRS has gone hand in hand with WWE since before Injustice 1. Not a lot of people from the fgc like it, but last year NRS made WWE Immortals and its done well in the mobile space. They've done god knows how many sponsored promos with Xander and co. Tyler and Derek play for a WWE style belt every single stream. A female wwe star voicing a major MK character is going to be huge.

Re: kronika
We have all heard the stories of fire and ice and meat and ketchup and mustard and kublai kahn and various other character name-shenanigans in NRS history, there's no guarantee "Kronika" is whats up in the life bar, even if this leak is 100% legit.

Case in point, you can still find the casting calls from back when Erron Black was still called "Salazar". I even have a poster of it on my wall that has his render listed as "Erron Black" and his concept art labeled "Salazar", same as Sub Zero and Scorpion and Ferra/Torr and Kano as if they're seperate characters.

Does anyone know who Ron Tan Cho was supposed to be??

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Please make a note of that only the ONE part of the cover art is confirmed true... but it doesn't mean all the rest is.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Honey, I think you gotta accept this one now lmao. They wouldn't just randomly get their hands on the cover art.
I usually just ignore these "leaks", but looking into what leak that was referred to, I can see what you mean.

However, thing is... I only care about facts. Officially confirmed information. If the rest gets confirmed as well, then I have absolutely no qualms with saying the leak was real. But only if EVERYTHING on it gets officially confirmed. Until then, I'm not going to trust it.

So yeah, the e-mail might've been real. Could also be constructed. But we'll see soon enough.

In only 7 days!!! :D

Gamer68

Fujin!
My roster prediction now that this leak is real:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Sonya Blade
  6. Johnny Cage
  7. Kano
  8. Shang Tsung
  9. Kung Lao
  10. Kitana
  11. Jax
  12. Reptile
  13. Mileena
  14. Sindel
  15. Jade
  16. Cyrax
  17. Sektor
  18. Fujin
  19. Kenshi
  20. Cassie Cage
  21. Jacqui Briggs
  22. Takeda
  23. Kung Jin
  24. Kotal Kahn
  25. D'Vorah
  26. Erron Black
  27. Kronika
  28. Geras
  29. New
  30. New
  31. Shao Kahn (Bonus)
  32. Noob Saibot (DLC)
  33. Sareena (DLC)
  34. Chameleon/Khameleon (DLC)
  35. Doomguy (DLC)
  36. Pennywise (DLC)
  37. Spawn (DLC)
More about Chameleon/Khameleon: basically this game's Triborg or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Highly customizable and you can choose between movesets of different ninjas that didn't make it into the game, Smoke, Rain, Skarlet and Frost.

Anyway, see any areas where this could improve/is more likely? @ImperatrixSindel

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I can't get over the name Kronika.
At least Geras is a reference to a Greek god of old age.
But Kronika? They just needed to push that K in there...

My roster prediction now that this leak is real:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Sonya Blade
  6. Johnny Cage
  7. Kano
  8. Shang Tsung
  9. Kung Lao
  10. Kitana
  11. Jax
  12. Reptile
  13. Mileena
  14. Sindel
  15. Jade
  16. Cyrax
  17. Sektor
  18. Fujin
  19. Kenshi
  20. Cassie Cage
  21. Jacqui Briggs
  22. Takeda
  23. Kung Jin
  24. Kotal Kahn
  25. D'Vorah
  26. Erron Black
  27. Kronika
  28. Geras
  29. New
  30. New
  31. Shao Kahn (Bonus)
  32. Noob Saibot (DLC)
  33. Sareena (DLC)
  34. Chameleon/Khameleon (DLC)
  35. Doomguy (DLC)
  36. Pennywise (DLC)
  37. Spawn (DLC)
More about Chameleon/Khameleon: basically this game's Triborg or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Highly customizable and you can choose between movesets of different ninjas that didn't make it into the game, Smoke, Rain, Skarlet and Frost.

Anyway, see any areas where this could improve/is more likely? @ImperatrixSindel
This honestly feels spot on.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
@Gamer68 I think that's not a bad list of guesses. I wouldn't be surprised to see BRC or Tanya (or both) make the jump to regular roster, or to see Li Mei or Frost pop up, but otherwise that's pretty in line with my predictions (now that Sonya is back in I imagine Kano will be too).

I don't see K/Chameleon making a return, but I agree Noob Saibot, Sareena, and Pennywise seem like good bets for DLC.

Gamer68

Fujin!
@Gamer68 I think that's not a bad list of guesses. I wouldn't be surprised to see BRC or Tanya (or both) make the jump to regular roster, or to see Li Mei or Frost pop up, but otherwise that's pretty in line with my predictions (now that Sonya is back in I imagine Kano will be too).

I don't see K/Chameleon making a return, but I agree Noob Saibot, Sareena, and Pennywise seem like good bets for DLC.
Remove K/Chameleon and replace them with Kabal.

My roster in total is 37 characters but NRS games usually end on an even number, so add Li Mei (making it 38) or remove Sektor (making it 36).

There's already a leaked roster in line with the one who revealed the box art:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Liu Kang
Kitana
Jade
Rain
Ermac
Nightwolf
Sonya Blade
Johnny Cage
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Cyrax
Sindel
Reptile
Goro
Shang Tsung
Kung Lao
Shao Kahn (Pre-Order Bonus)
Li Mei
Fujin
Bo' Rai Cho
Frost
Kenshi
Daegon
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
Cassie Cage
Jacqui Briggs
Takeda
Kung Jin
Diederik
Reina
Geras
Kronika
Nimbus
Michael Myers
Pennywise

This is in order from trilogy, 3d to mkx and new. Would be a highly disappointing and again safe roster. Also, Diederick and that lady as the main boss?