What's new

NRS Email Leak? Alleged New MK11 Details/Cover Art/Community Reveal Plans

Espio

Kokomo
I can see them getting Rousey for Sonya after hearing multiple voice actors not being brought back.

Overall this supposed leak is more believable than all the others imo.

Also Kronika sounds like something NRS would come up with. Oracle always sounded generic as fuck.
Oh God...Kronika like chronicle(s).

I mess with it. The cheese factor that is.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Interesting, guess we'll see what's true and what's bs. On the name for the new chick, personally I like Oracle or Kronika. Not a fan of Salina as it sounds too much to Serena and that can confuse newer players plus it sounds too generic for someone with great power obviously.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
Gameplay mechanics match the trailer too. When scorpion launches raiden into the air and kicks his kunai through his head thats a super. When Raiden uses his staff to smash scorpion and destroy his mask thats a krushing blow. Raiden then does a brutality on Scorpion, and finally MK2/3 Scorpion does a fatality on Raiden.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I think they are pretty married to Cassie's voice actress. I imagine they'd do Ronda-as-Sonya for press attention/WWE fanbase crossover (which they're always pushing), even if it doesn't really make sense -- it'd be sad for Tricia Helfer, though, who I thought was good as Sonya in MKX.
Was just looking at this https://www.rondarousey.com/life/ronda-rousey-sonya-blade-mortal-kombat-movie/

Like, why would Ronda Rousey be all "I would love to play Sonya in the Mortal Kombat movie" (which she would be a great fit for with a young Sonya" in October if she was already doing VA work for the game? Maybe you could call it a tease, but that seems like a roundabout way of doing it

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Was just looking at this https://www.rondarousey.com/life/ronda-rousey-sonya-blade-mortal-kombat-movie/

Like, why would Ronda Rousey be all "I would love to play Sonya in the Mortal Kombat movie" (which she would be a great fit for with a young Sonya" in October if she was already doing VA work for the game? Maybe you could call it a tease, but that seems like a roundabout way of doing it
Well she likes the character and after her voice work she also wants to play her on the big screen?

Not really a big stretch.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

Interesting!

I mean, Henry Cavill did all kinds of weird stuff in public talking about Geralt fancastings before he was announced as Geralt, but this is an intriguing point. But if she IS voicing Sonya I could see her putting this out there because the team working on the movie is not NRS, and she would know she wouldn't be allowed to announce the voice work until 2019.

(Part of me is now like DELETE THIS POST, NEVERMIND. But if this is all bunk, I'm impressed this leaker actually put work in making these fake emails and fake original cover art instead of just posting all this to Reddit with a 'believe me or not~' header.)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
To further elaborate, MKX box art scorpion is a 1:1 match with the MKX reveal trailer scorpion. They ain't not gonna use their UHQ model render for stuff like this. The scorpion on that box is something else entirely.
Idunno... the box art here looks almost identical to one of the scorpions in the steam page gameplay screenshots.

Gameplay mechanics match the trailer too. When scorpion launches raiden into the air and kicks his kunai through his head thats a super. When Raiden uses his staff to smash scorpion and destroy his mask thats a krushing blow. Raiden then does a brutality on Scorpion, and finally MK2/3 Scorpion does a fatality on Raiden.
Fatality was evident. Brutality seems to have changed slightly (I like the way it's heading), Krushing Blow makes sense in the trailer now that we have a name for it. And Super also make sense, although why name it as Super not X-ray? Is X-ray no longer a thing, or more than likely an oversight.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Why must they include in the game's box poster that fucking Scorpion? Give Subby the chance to shine. -_-

BTW, I'm Greek. His name is spelled Chronos, not Khronos, because if you pronounce it this way, you'd think of Cronos, the titan, the father of all Olympians. -_-

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Well she likes the character and after her voice work she also wants to play her on the big screen?

Not really a big stretch.
I can't think of any times somebody doing VA work for a video game character made some coy, one off instagram post talking about wanting to also play them in a film while pretending like they weren't doing the character elsewhere. I mean, everyone is unique and maybe that's just how Ronda rolls, I'm not an expert of course.

Interesting!

I mean, Henry Cavill did all kinds of weird stuff in public talking about Geralt fancastings before he was announced as Geralt, but this is an intriguing point. But if she IS voicing Sonya I could see her putting this out there because the team working on the movie is not NRS, and she would know she wouldn't be allowed to announce the voice work until 2019.

(Part of me is now like DELETE THIS POST, NEVERMIND. But if this is all bunk, I'm impressed this leaker actually put work in making these fake emails and fake original cover art instead of just posting all this to Reddit with a 'believe me or not~' header.)
Don't delete this you punk, we need this up for the social media hits. It's pretty clear nobody is saying "THIS IS REAL" and we are all having a good discussion

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I can't think of any times somebody doing VA work for a video game character made some coy, one off instagram post talking about wanting to also play them in a film while pretending like they weren't doing the character elsewhere. I mean, everyone is unique and maybe that's just how Ronda rolls, I'm not an expert of course.
It's worth noting, if you have ever watched the season of The Ultimate Fighter where she was a coach, that Ronda Rousey is not very bright and has no impulse control.

Don't delete this you punk, we need this up for the social media hits. It's pretty clear nobody is saying "THIS IS REAL" and we are all having a good discussion
I won't, I won't! I'm just like hmmm the more I look at this the more I see holes.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm more interested in if she'll actually do a good job as a voice actor. Has she done other work as a voice actor? Does her voice fit Sonya?

Also, I'm kinda curious why they are replacing some of the VA's who have voiced these characters for several games now. First Scorpion's VA, and now Sonya's? But... why?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
BTW, I'm Greek. His name is spelled Chronos, not Khronos, because if you pronounce it this way, you'd think of Cronos, the titan, the father of all Olympians. -_-
I have a bachelor's degree in Ancient Greek. It was historically spelled Khronos -- Χρόνος -- because there is no letter 'C' in classical Greek. The spelling Chronos or Chronus comes from Latin in the Roman period.

Similarly, the father of the Olympians is Kronos -- Κρόνος -- in Ancient Greek. And the two figures were often connected even in ancient times, either intentionally for cult worship purposes or simply because of the similarity in names.

Crimea

Noob
I'm more interested in if she'll actually do a good job as a voice actor. Has she done other work as a voice actor? Does her voice fit Sonya?

Also, I'm kinda curious why they are replacing some of the VA's who have voiced these characters for several games now. First Scorpion's VA, and now Sonya's? But... why?
Maybe this is related
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/10/24/voice-actors-strike-struck-games-include-crash-bandicoot-remaster-injustice-2/

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

No, her only roles outside of the WWE have been mostly silent. It looks like the Road Warrior remake with her heading it was canned too. It doesn't matter to WB though, Ronda Rousey will bring in dumb-dumb dollars, no matter how poorly she does

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
No, her only roles outside of the WWE have been mostly silent. It looks like the Road Warrior remake with her heading it was canned too. It doesn't matter to WB though, Ronda Rousey will bring in dumb-dumb dollars, no matter how poorly she does
That's the thing, it would be a huge promotional coup even if she's terrible.